|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ignacio and Blanca Aguero?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are a father-daughter team.
(d) They are married.
2. What instrument does Ignacio's mother play?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The oboe.
(c) The clarinet.
(d) The flute.
3. In what level of his education does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
(a) High school.
(c) Middle school.
(d) Elementary school.
4. What instrument does Ignacio's father, Renaldo, play?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The violin.
(c) The piano.
(d) The harp.
5. How long do Ignacio's parents court before they are married?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soledad attempt to throw at the bird she sees through the window?
2. Who does Gonzalo claim is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
3. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
4. How long has Reina been in a relationship with Pepin Beltrán?
5. What do Reina's family and friends donate to her in the hopes of a speedy recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ignacio react to the news that his wife, Blanca, has gone missing?
2. What happens when Herberto decides to go fishing in Biscayne Bay?
3. Why does Constancia visit Oscar Pinago?
4. What happens in the minutes before Dulce is arrested at the Habana Libre Hotel?
5. What answers does Ignacio finally give to the readers as to his motivations in killing Blanca and lying to his daughters?
6. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
7. Why does Reina visit La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre?
8. Why does the Committee for the Defense of the Revolution come to visit Reina while she is recovering?
9. How does Ignacio's mother react to the news that Ignacio has dropped out of school?
10. Why does the marriage between Dulce and Abelardo eventually fall apart?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)