|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many volumes of books does Reina keep in her apartment?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Three thousand.
(d) None. Reina is terrified of books.
2. Which of Abelardo's family members does Dulce steal money and jewelry from?
(a) His sister.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
3. Which animal's nest does a thirteen-year-old Ignacio discover while trekking through the Cuban coast?
(a) A ruddy duck.
(b) A salamander.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A swan.
4. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
5. Where are Ignacio and Blanca hoping to send the animal they are searching for?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To San Francisco.
(c) To Boston.
(d) To New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral do Herberto and Constancia attend together?
2. Which of the following words completes this sentence taken from Ignacio's deathbed note, "The quest for truth is far more glorious than the quest for ___________ ."
3. What nickname does Reina receive from her co-workers?
4. What illness strikes Reinaldo Aguero in the winter of 1914?
5. What do Ignacio and Blanco do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Constancia react to Reina's theories about their father killing their mother?
2. What gifts does Reina give to Isabel and her new son, Raku?
3. What bad omen does Soledad Aguero see on the day she gives birth to her son Ignacio?
4. How does Reina feel about Dulce having children?
5. How is Reina Aguero described by her fellow electricians?
6. What happens when Reina attempts to move the last water pump in La Cobre?
7. How does Ignacio react after his wife dies in the swamp?
8. How does the working relationship between Ignacio and Blanca change after she finds out she is pregnant?
9. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
10. Why does Constancia visit Oscar Pinago?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)