|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Reina been in a relationship with Pepin Beltrán?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Two and half years.
2. What nickname does Reina receive from her co-workers?
(a) Compañera Amazona.
(b) Compañera Africana.
(c) Compañera Americanish.
(d) Compañera Atlantia.
3. What position does Ignacio apply for on Dr. Samuel Forrest's team?
4. What does Constancia sell for a living?
(c) Used cars.
5. How many volumes of books does Reina keep in her apartment?
(a) None. Reina is terrified of books.
(b) Three thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does thirteen-year-old Ignacio sit on the found nest, protecting the eggs from predators?
2. How does Constancia react to the birth of her new baby sister?
3. Where is Dulce hoping to visit as soon as her visa is approved?
4. Which book does Ignacio receive for his thirteenth birthday?
5. What ailment affects Constancia's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory haunts Reina in regards to her mother's death and visiting her at the funeral home?
2. How does Constancia react to Reina's theories about their father killing their mother?
3. What theory does Pepin Beltrán have about Reina's insomnia?
4. How does Ignacio react to the news that his wife, Blanca, has gone missing?
5. How does Reina work her way into the expensive yacht club?
6. What bad omen does Soledad Aguero see on the day she gives birth to her son Ignacio?
7. Why doesn't Reina want to work in Constancia's new factory?
8. Why does Pepin bring a rooster into Reina's hospital room?
9. How does Blanca's mother die?
10. What role does the hummingbird play in Blanca's death in the Zapatos Swamp?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)