|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival are the people of Cuba celebrating on the day Ignacio is born?
(a) A politician.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An actor.
2. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
3. Which character believes her face is slowly transforming into her mother's, and feels that she no longer recognizes her reflection in the mirror?
(a) Constancia Aguero.
(b) Blanca Aguero.
(c) Dulce Aguero.
(d) Reina Aguero.
4. Who stops Herberto from fighting in the Bay of Pigs?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
5. Which animal's nest does a thirteen-year-old Ignacio discover while trekking through the Cuban coast?
(a) A ruddy duck.
(b) A swan.
(c) A salamander.
(d) A turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ignacio's father, Reinaldo, born?
2. How does Dulce feel after consuming all the exotic foods Bengt offers her?
3. Which of Abelardo's family members does Dulce steal money and jewelry from?
4. How far does Ignacio have to carry his wife's body to the nearest town?
5. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Constancia react to the birth of her sister, Reina?
2. How does Reina feel about her relationship with Russ after returning from the journey with her sister?
3. What bad omen does Soledad Aguero see on the day she gives birth to her son Ignacio?
4. What happens when Dulce meets Bengt and returns to his hotel with him?
5. What happens when Ignacio and Blanca stop searching the swamp and decide to take a rest?
6. While working on an old car, what does Reina overhear about the exiles in Cuba?
7. How does Ignacio react after his wife dies in the swamp?
8. What theory does Pepin Beltrán have about Reina's insomnia?
9. What happens when Herberto decides to go fishing in Biscayne Bay?
10. What is Gonzalo's theory about Herberto's attackers, and how does Constancia feel about Gonzalo's theory?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)