|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment affects Constancia's son?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is dyslexic.
(d) He is mute.
2. At what time of day do Ignacio and Blanca stop to rest in their search?
3. Which of the following characters works as a prostitute to make a living?
(a) Constancia Aguero.
(b) Reina Aguero.
(c) Blanca Aguero.
(d) Dulce Aguero.
4. What is Ignacio's mother's name?
(b) Santa Anna.
5. How does Constancia feel about Herberto joining a militia group?
(a) She is apathetic to his life.
(b) She is completely supportive of it.
(c) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(d) She is confused by his choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country do Ignacio and Blanca live?
2. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustains trying to move the last water pump in El Cobre?
3. Where is Ignacio's father, Reinaldo, born?
4. What does Ignacio have a passion for even from an early age?
5. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Ignacio and Blana in the swamp at the opening of the novel?
2. What happens to Dulce when she is fired from her job and becomes homeless?
3. Why does the marriage between Dulce and Abelardo eventually fall apart?
4. What theory does Pepin Beltrán have about Reina's insomnia?
5. How does Blanca's mother die?
6. Why is Renaldo Aguero well respected in his community?
7. How does Reina work her way into the expensive yacht club?
8. How does Constancia react to Reina's theories about their father killing their mother?
9. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
10. How does Reina skirt the Cuban government's system for processing travel visas?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)