|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird does Soledad spot through the window as she is giving birth to Ignacio?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An owl.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A robin.
2. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
(a) The Miners of Cuban Gold.
(b) The Committee for Insomnia.
(c) The Defense of the Revolution.
(d) The Cuban Militia.
3. What bird does Pepin bring into Reina's hospital room hoping it will sniff out the evil there?
(a) A goose.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A swan.
(d) A duck.
4. Which of the following words completes this sentence taken from Ignacio's deathbed note, "The quest for truth is far more glorious than the quest for ___________ ."
5. Which animals live in paddocks at Hialeah Park?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustained in her accident?
2. At what time of day do Ignacio and Blanca stop to rest in their search?
3. How does Herberto feel when he trains for the resistance in Cuba?
4. How are Ignacio and Blanca traveling through the swamp?
5. What is the name of Gonzalo's radical militia group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reina adjust to living with Constancia?
2. While working on an old car, what does Reina overhear about the exiles in Cuba?
3. Why is Renaldo Aguero well respected in his community?
4. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
5. How does Constancia treat Herberto's dead body?
6. What happens to Dulce when she is fired from her job and becomes homeless?
7. What injuries does Reina sustain when she is hit by lightning?
8. Why does the marriage between Dulce and Abelardo eventually fall apart?
9. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
10. Why doesn't Reina want to work in Constancia's new factory?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)