|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival are the people of Cuba celebrating on the day Ignacio is born?
(a) A politician.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An actor.
(d) A philanthropist.
2. Which of the following characters works as a prostitute to make a living?
(a) Dulce Aguero.
(b) Blanca Aguero.
(c) Reina Aguero.
(d) Constancia Aguero.
3. In what country do Ignacio and Blanca live?
(a) The Dominican Republic.
(c) Costa Rica.
4. How does Ignacio Aguero die?
(a) He was killed in a car accident.
(b) He died of a broken heart.
(c) He jumped off a bridge.
(d) He shot himself.
5. Where are Ignacio and Blanca hoping to send the animal they are searching for?
(a) To Boston.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Ignacio receive for his thirteenth birthday?
2. Which animal's nest does a thirteen-year-old Ignacio discover while trekking through the Cuban coast?
3. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
4. How long after Blanca's death does Ignacio die?
5. Where does Dulce meet her boyfriend Abelardo on the day she is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory haunts Reina in regards to her mother's death and visiting her at the funeral home?
2. Why doesn't Reina want to work in Constancia's new factory?
3. How does Constancia Cruz feel about miracles?
4. How does Ignacio's father die?
5. What attracts Ignacio to Blanca when they first meet in school?
6. Why does Constancia visit Oscar Pinago?
7. What happens in the minutes before Dulce is arrested at the Habana Libre Hotel?
8. How do Reina and Russ Hicks meet?
9. What injuries does Reina sustain when she is hit by lightning?
10. Why are Ignacio and Blana in the swamp at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)