|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Herberto from fighting in the Bay of Pigs?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. Whose arrival are the people of Cuba celebrating on the day Ignacio is born?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An actor.
(d) A politician.
3. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
(c) Teaching English.
4. Who does Gonzalo claim is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
(a) A random attacker.
(b) A disgruntled business partner.
(c) A jaded ex-lover.
(d) A radical exile group.
5. Which of the following disorders does Reina suffer from?
(d) Muscular Dystrophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Reina's daughter?
2. What happens between Abelardo and Dulce on the day she is arrested?
3. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
4. What nickname does Reina receive from her co-workers?
5. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dulce meets Bengt and returns to his hotel with him?
2. What happens when Herberto decides to go fishing in Biscayne Bay?
3. How does Ignacio's mother react to the news that Ignacio has dropped out of school?
4. What happens to Dulce when she is fired from her job and becomes homeless?
5. How do Reinaldo and Soledad Vaerla meet?
6. How does Reina feel about Dulce having children?
7. How does Reina adjust to living with Constancia?
8. What attracts Ignacio to Blanca when they first meet in school?
9. What is Gonzalo's theory about Herberto's attackers, and how does Constancia feel about Gonzalo's theory?
10. What does Dulce claim is the only thing the Cuban government cannot ration?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)