|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives has Gonzalo Cruz had?
2. Which of the following disorders does Reina suffer from?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
3. Who stops Herberto from fighting in the Bay of Pigs?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
4. Who does Gonzalo claim is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
(a) A jaded ex-lover.
(b) A random attacker.
(c) A radical exile group.
(d) A disgruntled business partner.
5. What is the relationship between Ignacio and Blanca Aguero?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are a father-daughter team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival are the people of Cuba celebrating on the day Ignacio is born?
2. Where does Dulce meet the foreigner, Bengt?
3. What instrument does Ignacio's mother play?
4. What does Reina offer to La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre in prayer?
5. As an adult, where does Reina deposit her father's shotgun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Herberto decides to go fishing in Biscayne Bay?
2. What gifts does Reina give to Isabel and her new son, Raku?
3. Why does the Committee for the Defense of the Revolution come to visit Reina while she is recovering?
4. What happens in the minutes before Dulce is arrested at the Habana Libre Hotel?
5. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
6. What role does the hummingbird play in Blanca's death in the Zapatos Swamp?
7. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
8. Why does Pepin bring a rooster into Reina's hospital room?
9. What theory does Pepin Beltrán have about Reina's insomnia?
10. What bad omen does Soledad Aguero see on the day she gives birth to her son Ignacio?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)