|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animals live in paddocks at Hialeah Park?
2. At what time of day do Ignacio and Blanca stop to rest in their search?
3. What type of bird does Soledad spot through the window as she is giving birth to Ignacio?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A robin.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An owl.
4. Where does Constancia find Herberto's body after he goes missing?
(a) In his yacht.
(b) Floating in the water.
(c) On the boat dock.
(d) In the backseat of his car.
5. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustains trying to move the last water pump in El Cobre?
(a) Her wrist is sprained.
(b) Her teeth are loosened.
(c) Her nose is broken.
(d) Her hair is pulled out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the gaping wound on Reina's mother's body?
2. How old is the man Reina's daughter intends to marry?
3. Who does Constancia think is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
4. What do Reina's family and friends donate to her in the hopes of a speedy recovery?
5. What does Constancia recently win as a commission for high sales in her company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Constancia visit Oscar Pinago?
2. Why does the marriage between Dulce and Abelardo eventually fall apart?
3. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
4. What injuries does Reina sustain when she is hit by lightning?
5. What attracts Ignacio to Blanca when they first meet in school?
6. Why are Ignacio and Blana in the swamp at the opening of the novel?
7. What happens in the minutes before Dulce is arrested at the Habana Libre Hotel?
8. How does the working relationship between Ignacio and Blanca change after she finds out she is pregnant?
9. When does Constancia realize that her father, Ignacio, is lying to her about her mother's death?
10. How do Reinaldo and Soledad Vaerla meet?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)