|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Reina's family and friends donate to her in the hopes of a speedy recovery?
2. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
3. Where does Dulce meet her boyfriend Abelardo on the day she is arrested?
(a) At the library.
(b) At his home.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a hotel.
4. What instrument does Ignacio's father, Renaldo, play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The violin.
(c) The harp.
(d) The harmonica.
5. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
(d) Teaching English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
2. What do Constancia's relatives tell her about Gonzalo Cruz while at the family funeral?
3. What does Ignacio have a passion for even from an early age?
4. What characteristic of his favorite animal does Ignacio find particularly attractive?
5. What instrument does Ignacio's mother play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the minutes before Dulce is arrested at the Habana Libre Hotel?
2. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
3. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
4. How is Reina Aguero described by her fellow electricians?
5. Why does the marriage between Dulce and Abelardo eventually fall apart?
6. What is the time setting of the Prologue of the novel?
7. Why does Pepin bring a rooster into Reina's hospital room?
8. What answers does Ignacio finally give to the readers as to his motivations in killing Blanca and lying to his daughters?
9. What happens when Ignacio and Blanca stop searching the swamp and decide to take a rest?
10. How does Reina adjust to living with Constancia?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)