|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ignacio and Blanca Aguero?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are a father-daughter team.
2. Which of the following disorders does Reina suffer from?
(d) Muscular Dystrophy.
3. During what month is Ignacio Augero born?
4. Where does Herberto want to move when he retires?
(a) To Louisiana.
(b) To Florida.
(c) To California.
(d) To South Carolina.
5. What does Soledad attempt to throw at the bird she sees through the window?
(a) A rock.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A book.
(d) A lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Reina sit in the Cuban government's office before she receives the answer about her visa to travel to America?
2. What does Reina Aguero do for a living?
3. What does Reina bring with her to the funeral home to place in her mother's coffin?
4. Whose arrival are the people of Cuba celebrating on the day Ignacio is born?
5. What ailment affects Constancia's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pepin bring a rooster into Reina's hospital room?
2. How does Reina feel about her relationship with Russ after returning from the journey with her sister?
3. How does Ignacio react to the news that his wife, Blanca, has gone missing?
4. Why does Constancia travel door-to-door after Herberto goes missing?
5. Why is Renaldo Aguero well respected in his community?
6. What happens when Ignacio and Blanca stop searching the swamp and decide to take a rest?
7. How does Constancia Cruz feel about miracles?
8. What answers does Ignacio finally give to the readers as to his motivations in killing Blanca and lying to his daughters?
9. What happens when Herberto decides to go fishing in Biscayne Bay?
10. How does Constancia treat Herberto's dead body?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)