|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what level of his education does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
(a) High school.
(b) Elementary school.
(c) Middle school.
2. As an adult, where does Reina deposit her father's shotgun?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In the sea.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) In her mother's grave.
3. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
(d) Teaching English.
4. In what country do Ignacio and Blanca live?
(b) The Dominican Republic.
(c) Costa Rica.
5. What does Reina Aguero do for a living?
(a) She is a blacksmith.
(b) She is an electrician.
(c) She is a miner.
(d) She is a sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Constancia feel about Herberto joining a militia group?
2. Which state reminds Constancia of her life in Cuba?
3. As a child, who accompanies Reina to the funeral home after her mother's death?
4. Whose funeral do Herberto and Constancia attend together?
5. What is Ignacio's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the marriage between Dulce and Abelardo eventually fall apart?
2. What theory does Pepin Beltrán have about Reina's insomnia?
3. What does Ignacio remember about the moments right after his wife was shot?
4. How does Reina feel about Dulce having children?
5. While working on an old car, what does Reina overhear about the exiles in Cuba?
6. What bad omen does Soledad Aguero see on the day she gives birth to her son Ignacio?
7. What is Gonzalo's theory about Herberto's attackers, and how does Constancia feel about Gonzalo's theory?
8. Why does the Committee for the Defense of the Revolution come to visit Reina while she is recovering?
9. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
10. How does Constancia treat Herberto's dead body?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)