|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reina spend most of her time while recovering from her injuries?
(a) In her sister's home.
(b) In a physical rehabilitation center.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the hospital.
2. What does Constancia sell for a living?
(d) Used cars.
3. What do Constancia's relatives tell her about Gonzalo Cruz while at the family funeral?
(a) That Gonzalo has just won the lottery.
(b) That Gonzalo is dying.
(c) That Gonzalo has gone bankrupt.
(d) That Gonzalo is getting divorced.
4. How far along into her pregnancy is Blanca Aguero when she miraculously returns to her family after going missing?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eight months.
5. What is the name of Gonzalo's radical militia group?
(a) La Brigada Caimán.
(b) La Briganda Cuerto.
(c) La Brigada Concubine.
(d) La Brigada Cubana.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ignacio Aguero die?
2. What reason do the doctors give for Reina's injuries?
3. What do Reina's family and friends donate to her in the hopes of a speedy recovery?
4. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
5. Which character believes her face is slowly transforming into her mother's, and feels that she no longer recognizes her reflection in the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. While working on an old car, what does Reina overhear about the exiles in Cuba?
2. How does the working relationship between Ignacio and Blanca change after she finds out she is pregnant?
3. How do Reina and Russ Hicks meet?
4. How does Reina feel about her relationship with Russ after returning from the journey with her sister?
5. How does Reina feel about Dulce having children?
6. How does Ignacio's father die?
7. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
8. When does Constancia realize that her father, Ignacio, is lying to her about her mother's death?
9. How does Blanca's mental health deteriorate while she is pregnant with Constancia?
10. How does Ignacio's mother react to the news that Ignacio has dropped out of school?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)