|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Dulce have to work to earn the money for airfare to Miami?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Nine days.
2. How does Reina feel about Constancia's cosmetics business?
(a) She thinks it is a laughable business.
(b) She is confused by it.
(c) She is apathetic to it.
(d) She completely supports it.
3. What does Dulce go to Abelardo's home to steal?
4. In what city of Florida does Reina live with her sister, Constancia?
(c) Ft. Myers.
5. Which part of Ignacio's family member's body is riddled with cancer?
(a) The bones.
(b) The liver.
(c) The throat.
(d) The brain.
6. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
(a) She pulls Reina out of the water immediately.
(b) Nearly an hour.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) She lets Reina drown, leaving her.
7. What does Constancia think happens to Herberto during the Cuban revolution?
(a) She thinks he chickend out of battle.
(b) She thinks he was victorious.
(c) She thinks he was captured.
(d) She thinks he was killed.
8. How does Ignacio respond when Reina asks him if he is her true father?
(a) He agreed that he was probably not her father.
(b) He told her that he was her father.
(c) He ignored the question.
(d) He confessed that he had no idea who Reina's father was.
9. How many chairs does Blanca collect and store in her bedroom?
(c) Nine hundred.
10. What does Reina claim their father stole from their mother in order to better his own life?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her family name.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her youth.
11. What is the name of Ignacio's first published book?
(a) Cuba's Diving Birds.
(b) Cuba's Dying Birds.
(c) Cuba's Dancing Birds.
(d) Cuba's Dangerous Birds.
12. Before visiting him in the hospital, how many times has Silvestre seen his father?
(d) Three times.
13. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
(a) Because she knows their mother never would have abandoned them.
(b) Because she thinks their father was an evil man.
(c) Because her mother told her that she would never commit suicide.
(d) Because she doesn't think it was physically possible.
14. What is the name of Constancia's new business?
(a) Cuerpa de Cuba.
(b) Cueropo Cosmetico.
(c) Cuban Cosmetics.
(d) Cuban Cerpata Cosmetics.
15. In what class does Ignacio meet Blanca for the first time?
(b) Physical Education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose photograph does Constancia decide to print on all her cosmetics bottles?
2. When does Ignacio begin the trek to the nearest town after killing his wife?
3. How does Reina pass her evening hours while living with Constancia?
4. After moving to Miami, what does Reina start a business restoring?
5. What causes Silvestre's deafness?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)