|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Constancia secure in Cuba?
(a) A black Packard.
(b) A red Ford.
(c) An orange Chevy.
(d) A yellow Oldsmobile.
2. How much notice does Silvestre give his mother before arriving at her doorstep?
(a) He gives her one week's warning.
(b) He gives his mother no warning.
(c) He gives her one month's warning.
(d) He gives her one day's warning.
3. What is the name of Ignacio's first published book?
(a) Cuba's Dangerous Birds.
(b) Cuba's Diving Birds.
(c) Cuba's Dancing Birds.
(d) Cuba's Dying Birds.
4. Which of the following best describes Gonzalo's body when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
5. What does Dulce say she would rather do than have a baby?
(a) Be struck by lightning.
(b) Be poisoned.
(c) Be starved to death.
(d) Be eaten by sharks.
6. How does Reina react to Constancia's realization that their mother did not drown in the Zapatos swamp?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She ignores her sister completely.
(d) She is furious.
7. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
(a) A key.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A bone.
(d) A gold coin.
8. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
(b) Watching television.
(d) Eating his dinner.
9. With what does Constancia hit Reina over the head with, knocking her overboard?
(a) A rock.
(b) A shovel.
(c) An oar.
(d) A book.
10. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
(b) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
(c) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
(d) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
11. Which part of Ignacio's family member's body is riddled with cancer?
(a) The bones.
(b) The liver.
(c) The brain.
(d) The throat.
12. How do the men at the yacht club respond to Reina's presence there?
(a) They are disgusted that such a woman would join their club.
(b) They are curious about her, but keep their distance.
(c) They completely ignore her.
(d) They are attracted to her and openly woo her.
13. How many animals does Blanca's father single-handedly kill after the stampede kills his wife?
14. How many of Gonazalo's wives show up to his funeral?
15. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
(a) Because she thinks their father was an evil man.
(b) Because she doesn't think it was physically possible.
(c) Because she knows their mother never would have abandoned them.
(d) Because her mother told her that she would never commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the only place Blanca wants to make love to her husband after their honeymoon?
2. Why does Reina love her new restoring job?
3. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
4. Which animal is Blanca's favorite animal to study in Cuba?
5. Whose photograph does Constancia decide to print on all her cosmetics bottles?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)