|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Ignacio claim it was to the nearest town, to which he carried his wife's dead body?
(a) Seventy miles.
(b) Seventeen miles.
(c) Seven hundred miles.
(d) Seven miles.
2. What does Constancia think happens to Herberto during the Cuban revolution?
(a) She thinks he was killed.
(b) She thinks he was victorious.
(c) She thinks he was captured.
(d) She thinks he chickend out of battle.
3. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
4. What does Evaristo Leal deliver to Constancia a few days after Gonzalo's funeral?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A box of photographs.
(c) An envelope of money.
(d) A letter.
5. What does Isabel name her newborn son?
6. Why does Reina love her new restoring job?
(a) Because she can work at any time of the day.
(b) Because she loves the publicity she is receiving.
(c) Because she knows Constancia is jealous of her.
(d) Because she never wants to go back to prostitution.
7. How does Constancia travel from Miami to Cuba?
(a) By airplane.
(b) On Herberto's fishing boat.
(c) By swimming.
(d) On a cruise ship.
8. After moving to Miami, what does Reina start a business restoring?
(d) Swimming pools.
9. What does Ignacio remember doing with Blanca's body after he killed her?
(a) Burying it.
(b) Dragging it.
(c) Holding it.
(d) Drowning it.
10. How many miles does Constancia swim to reach the Cuban coast?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Twelve miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
11. According to the news report Reina overhears, how many exiles are attacking Veradero Beach?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) One hundred.
(d) One thousand.
12. How long does Ignacio plan for his wife's death?
(a) He says he did not plan it.
(b) He says he had been planning it for weeks.
(c) He says he had been planning it for days.
(d) He says he had been planning it for months.
13. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
(a) He gives the reader no answers.
(b) He believed Blanca was cheating on him.
(c) He killed her because she was losing her mind.
(d) He wanted to inherit Blanca's money.
14. Which of Ignacio's family members is diagnosed with cancer while Ignacio is in college?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. What does the man in the yacht who awakens Reina on the river throw to her?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A sack of coins.
(c) A bouquet of roses.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months pregnant in Isabel when she arrives in Miami?
2. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
3. How many days does Dulce have to work to earn the money for airfare to Miami?
4. What is the name of Ignacio's first published book?
5. As a child, how does Reina feel about her father, Ignacio?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)