|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Constancia's new business?
(a) Cuban Cosmetics.
(b) Cuban Cerpata Cosmetics.
(c) Cueropo Cosmetico.
(d) Cuerpa de Cuba.
2. What animal tramples Blanca's mother to death?
3. When Reina sees herself naked, how large does she think she is?
(a) Four times her normal size.
(b) Three times her normal size.
(c) Half her normal size.
(d) Twice her normal size.
4. How far does Ignacio claim it was to the nearest town, to which he carried his wife's dead body?
(a) Seven hundred miles.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Seventeen miles.
(d) Seventy miles.
5. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
(a) Eating his dinner.
(b) Watching television.
6. Which of Ignacio's family members is diagnosed with cancer while Ignacio is in college?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
7. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
8. In what class does Ignacio meet Blanca for the first time?
(a) Physical Education.
9. Where does Dulce find a job once she reaches Miami?
(a) In a language school.
(b) In a movie theater.
(c) In a sandwich shop.
(d) At a tanning salon.
10. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
(a) She has it cremated.
(b) She refuses to deal with Herberto's corpse.
(c) She buries it in Cuba.
(d) She has it sent back to Miami.
11. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
(b) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
(c) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
(d) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
12. Which of the following do Constancia and Reina visit to pay homage to before making the journey back to Cuba?
(a) The trees.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The birds.
13. Before visiting him in the hospital, how many times has Silvestre seen his father?
(c) Three times.
14. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
(a) He gives the reader no answers.
(b) He believed Blanca was cheating on him.
(c) He wanted to inherit Blanca's money.
(d) He killed her because she was losing her mind.
15. After moving to Miami, what does Reina start a business restoring?
(b) Swimming pools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective does Ignacio use to describe the small animal flying around Blanca when he took aim at it?
2. How many miles does Constancia swim to reach the Cuban coast?
3. According to the news report Reina overhears, how many exiles are attacking Veradero Beach?
4. In what city of Florida does Reina live with her sister, Constancia?
5. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)