|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dulce attempt to live after she becomes homeless?
(a) With a traveling carnival.
(b) In a movie theater.
(c) In a bowling alley.
(d) In a circus tent.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Constancia finds in the small copper box in her father's shed?
(a) A small plaid pouch.
(b) Her father's diaries.
(c) A box of matches.
(d) A photograph of her mother.
3. How many months pregnant in Isabel when she arrives in Miami?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Nine months.
4. What animal does Ignacio claim to have taken aim at when he shoots his wife?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) A mosquito.
5. What does Ignacio say he felt when he pulled the trigger of the gun, shooting his wife?
(a) He felt relief.
(b) He felt icy cold.
(c) He felt nothing.
(d) He felt terror.
6. When does Ignacio begin the trek to the nearest town after killing his wife?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At noon.
(d) At midnight.
7. In what class does Ignacio meet Blanca for the first time?
(b) Physical Education.
8. Where around Blanca's body is the animal that Ignacio aimed at flying?
(a) Near her stomach.
(b) Near her legs.
(c) Near her heart.
(d) Near her head.
9. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
10. How long does Ignacio plan for his wife's death?
(a) He says he had been planning it for months.
(b) He says he did not plan it.
(c) He says he had been planning it for days.
(d) He says he had been planning it for weeks.
11. How is Constancio's uncle, Damaso, paralyzed?
(a) In a diving accident.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a skiing accident.
(d) In a horseback riding accident.
12. Which of his parents' belongings does Ignacio sell to earn the funds to publish his first book?
(a) Their house.
(b) Their car.
(c) Their family heirlooms.
(d) Their insurance plans.
13. Which of the following best describes Gonzalo's body when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
14. What is the name of Constancia's new business?
(a) Cueropo Cosmetico.
(b) Cuerpa de Cuba.
(c) Cuban Cosmetics.
(d) Cuban Cerpata Cosmetics.
15. Who has written a letter to Dulce begging her to move to Miami?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the final chapter of the novel set?
2. How do the men at the yacht club respond to Reina's presence there?
3. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
4. What does Reina claim their father stole from their mother in order to better his own life?
5. Which of the following foods is NOT one that Dulce lives off of while she is homeless?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)