|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Blanca becomes pregnant, where does she want to move to?
2. Before visiting him in the hospital, how many times has Silvestre seen his father?
(c) Three times.
3. What type of car does Constancia secure in Cuba?
(a) A red Ford.
(b) An orange Chevy.
(c) A black Packard.
(d) A yellow Oldsmobile.
4. What does Dulce go to Abelardo's home to steal?
5. Which of his parents' belongings does Ignacio sell to earn the funds to publish his first book?
(a) Their family heirlooms.
(b) Their car.
(c) Their house.
(d) Their insurance plans.
6. How does Reina feel about Constancia's cosmetics business?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She thinks it is a laughable business.
(c) She is apathetic to it.
(d) She completely supports it.
7. When does Ignacio begin the trek to the nearest town after killing his wife?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dawn.
8. Which of the following do Constancia and Reina visit to pay homage to before making the journey back to Cuba?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The trees.
(c) The birds.
(d) The rivers.
9. Which of the following best describes Gonzalo's body when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
10. What does Evaristo Leal deliver to Constancia a few days after Gonzalo's funeral?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A letter.
(c) An envelope of money.
(d) A box of photographs.
11. How does Ignacio's mother feel about her son quitting university?
(a) She was shocked because she didn't know he had enrolled in classes in the first place.
(b) She begged him to return to his studies.
(c) She was glad he put his foolishness behind him.
(d) She never found out, as Ignacio never told her.
12. What does Isabel name her newborn son?
13. How many chairs does Blanca collect and store in her bedroom?
(a) Nine hundred.
14. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
(a) A key.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A bone.
(d) A gold coin.
15. Which part of Ignacio's family member's body is riddled with cancer?
(a) The throat.
(b) The liver.
(c) The bones.
(d) The brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reina react to Constancia's realization that their mother did not drown in the Zapatos swamp?
2. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
3. According to the news report Reina overhears, how many exiles are attacking Veradero Beach?
4. How is Constancio's uncle, Damaso, paralyzed?
5. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)