|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles does Constancia swim to reach the Cuban coast?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Twelve miles.
(c) Fifteen miles.
(d) Three miles.
2. Why does Reina love her new restoring job?
(a) Because she knows Constancia is jealous of her.
(b) Because she can work at any time of the day.
(c) Because she loves the publicity she is receiving.
(d) Because she never wants to go back to prostitution.
3. What does Isabel name her newborn son?
4. What does Ignacio say he felt when he pulled the trigger of the gun, shooting his wife?
(a) He felt nothing.
(b) He felt icy cold.
(c) He felt terror.
(d) He felt relief.
5. How many chairs does Blanca collect and store in her bedroom?
(a) Nine hundred.
6. Why is Evaristo so late in making his delivery to Constancia?
(a) Because he had been mugged while traveling.
(b) Because he moved to another country.
(c) Becauase he forgot about the delivery altogether.
(d) Because he didn't have Constancia's address.
7. With what does Constancia hit Reina over the head with, knocking her overboard?
(a) A shovel.
(b) An oar.
(c) A rock.
(d) A book.
8. What does Reina claim their father stole from their mother in order to better his own life?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her family name.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her intelligence.
9. How does Ignacio respond when Reina asks him if he is her true father?
(a) He told her that he was her father.
(b) He confessed that he had no idea who Reina's father was.
(c) He ignored the question.
(d) He agreed that he was probably not her father.
10. Which of Ignacio's family members is diagnosed with cancer while Ignacio is in college?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His grandmother.
11. How does Constancia travel from Miami to Cuba?
(a) By swimming.
(b) On Herberto's fishing boat.
(c) By airplane.
(d) On a cruise ship.
12. As a child, how does Reina feel about her father, Ignacio?
(a) She despised him.
(b) She was terrified of him.
(c) She didn't know Ignacio when she was a child.
(d) She adored him.
13. What animal tramples Blanca's mother to death?
14. After Blanca becomes pregnant, where does she want to move to?
15. According to the news report Reina overhears, how many exiles are attacking Veradero Beach?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dulce find a job once she reaches Miami?
2. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Constancia finds in the small copper box in her father's shed?
4. Where is the final chapter of the novel set?
5. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)