|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ignacio's mother feel about her son quitting university?
(a) She was shocked because she didn't know he had enrolled in classes in the first place.
(b) She never found out, as Ignacio never told her.
(c) She begged him to return to his studies.
(d) She was glad he put his foolishness behind him.
2. With what does Constancia hit Reina over the head with, knocking her overboard?
(a) A book.
(b) An oar.
(c) A rock.
(d) A shovel.
3. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
(a) He believed Blanca was cheating on him.
(b) He wanted to inherit Blanca's money.
(c) He killed her because she was losing her mind.
(d) He gives the reader no answers.
4. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
5. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
6. How do the men at the yacht club respond to Reina's presence there?
(a) They are disgusted that such a woman would join their club.
(b) They are curious about her, but keep their distance.
(c) They completely ignore her.
(d) They are attracted to her and openly woo her.
7. Why is Evaristo so late in making his delivery to Constancia?
(a) Becauase he forgot about the delivery altogether.
(b) Because he didn't have Constancia's address.
(c) Because he moved to another country.
(d) Because he had been mugged while traveling.
8. As a child, how does Reina feel about her father, Ignacio?
(a) She adored him.
(b) She didn't know Ignacio when she was a child.
(c) She despised him.
(d) She was terrified of him.
9. Who has raided Eugenia Mestro's grave by the time Constancia arrives to it?
(a) Scavenging animals.
(b) Small children.
(c) Grave robbers.
10. When Reina realizes that she is pregnant, what animal does she compare the fetus to?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A small frog.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A leech.
11. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A bone.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) A key.
12. Which adjective does Ignacio use to describe the small animal flying around Blanca when he took aim at it?
13. Where does Dulce find a job once she reaches Miami?
(a) At a tanning salon.
(b) In a sandwich shop.
(c) In a movie theater.
(d) In a language school.
14. Where around Blanca's body is the animal that Ignacio aimed at flying?
(a) Near her heart.
(b) Near her legs.
(c) Near her head.
(d) Near her stomach.
15. How many chairs does Blanca collect and store in her bedroom?
(c) Nine hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has written a letter to Dulce begging her to move to Miami?
2. What does Reina claim their father stole from their mother in order to better his own life?
3. What animal does Ignacio claim to have taken aim at when he shoots his wife?
4. How many days does Dulce have to work to earn the money for airfare to Miami?
5. Which part of Ignacio's family member's body is riddled with cancer?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)