|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Constancia secure in Cuba?
(a) An orange Chevy.
(b) A yellow Oldsmobile.
(c) A black Packard.
(d) A red Ford.
2. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
(a) He killed her because she was losing her mind.
(b) He wanted to inherit Blanca's money.
(c) He believed Blanca was cheating on him.
(d) He gives the reader no answers.
3. How does Silvestre kill his father?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He suffocates him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He strangles him.
4. Where does Dulce attempt to live after she becomes homeless?
(a) In a circus tent.
(b) With a traveling carnival.
(c) In a movie theater.
(d) In a bowling alley.
5. Which animal is Blanca's favorite animal to study in Cuba?
6. Where around Blanca's body is the animal that Ignacio aimed at flying?
(a) Near her head.
(b) Near her legs.
(c) Near her stomach.
(d) Near her heart.
7. What is the name of Reina's new boyfriend, the self-made millionaire?
(a) Randy Huss.
(b) Russ Hicks.
(c) Ralph Dussick.
(d) Rick Dandy.
8. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
(b) Eating his dinner.
(c) Watching television.
9. How many of Gonazalo's wives show up to his funeral?
10. How does Ignacio's mother feel about her son quitting university?
(a) She never found out, as Ignacio never told her.
(b) She was glad he put his foolishness behind him.
(c) She was shocked because she didn't know he had enrolled in classes in the first place.
(d) She begged him to return to his studies.
11. How is Constancio's uncle, Damaso, paralyzed?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In a horseback riding accident.
(c) In a diving accident.
(d) In a skiing accident.
12. After Blanca becomes pregnant, where does she want to move to?
13. How old is the young boy who dies from eating spoiled meat after the stampede?
14. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
15. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
(b) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
(c) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
(d) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, how does Reina feel about her father, Ignacio?
2. How does Constancia travel from Miami to Cuba?
3. What does a satera do for a living?
4. How does Constancia respond to Reina's claim about their mother's graveside visitor?
5. To whom does Constancia decide to gift the small bone she finds in the copper box?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)