|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabel name her newborn son?
2. How far does Ignacio claim it was to the nearest town, to which he carried his wife's dead body?
(a) Seven miles.
(b) Seventy miles.
(c) Seventeen miles.
(d) Seven hundred miles.
3. What animal does Ignacio claim to have taken aim at when he shoots his wife?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A butterfly.
4. Where does Dulce find a job once she reaches Miami?
(a) In a movie theater.
(b) In a sandwich shop.
(c) At a tanning salon.
(d) In a language school.
5. To whom does Constancia decide to gift the small bone she finds in the copper box?
(a) She decides to keep it for herself.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
6. How does Reina react to Constancia's realization that their mother did not drown in the Zapatos swamp?
(a) She is furious.
(b) She ignores her sister completely.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is amused.
7. How old is the young boy who dies from eating spoiled meat after the stampede?
8. In what class does Ignacio meet Blanca for the first time?
(a) Physical Education.
9. Who has written a letter to Dulce begging her to move to Miami?
10. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
(c) Eating his dinner.
(d) Watching television.
11. What does Blanca demand Ignacio give her after she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) A salary.
(b) A bible.
(c) A running automobile.
(d) A camera.
12. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
(a) Because her mother told her that she would never commit suicide.
(b) Because she doesn't think it was physically possible.
(c) Because she thinks their father was an evil man.
(d) Because she knows their mother never would have abandoned them.
13. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
14. What does Dulce go to Abelardo's home to steal?
15. Which of the following is NOT something Constancia finds in the small copper box in her father's shed?
(a) A box of matches.
(b) A small plaid pouch.
(c) Her father's diaries.
(d) A photograph of her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
2. How does Reina help Constancia with the factory she hopes to open?
3. Where does Dulce attempt to live after she becomes homeless?
4. What does Ignacio say he felt when he pulled the trigger of the gun, shooting his wife?
5. What does the man in the yacht who awakens Reina on the river throw to her?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)