|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
(a) Because her mother told her that she would never commit suicide.
(b) Because she thinks their father was an evil man.
(c) Because she knows their mother never would have abandoned them.
(d) Because she doesn't think it was physically possible.
2. In what city of Florida does Reina live with her sister, Constancia?
(b) Ft. Myers.
3. In what class does Ignacio meet Blanca for the first time?
(a) Physical Education.
4. What is the name of Constancia's new business?
(a) Cuban Cosmetics.
(b) Cueropo Cosmetico.
(c) Cuerpa de Cuba.
(d) Cuban Cerpata Cosmetics.
5. Who directs Constancia to make an offering to nature before starting out on her journey to Cuba?
(a) Evaristo Leal.
(b) The santero.
(c) Uncle Damaso.
(d) Reina Aguero.
6. Why does Reina love her new restoring job?
(a) Because she never wants to go back to prostitution.
(b) Because she can work at any time of the day.
(c) Because she knows Constancia is jealous of her.
(d) Because she loves the publicity she is receiving.
7. Whose photograph does Constancia decide to print on all her cosmetics bottles?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her daughter's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her own.
8. Which part of Ignacio's family member's body is riddled with cancer?
(a) The throat.
(b) The bones.
(c) The liver.
(d) The brain.
9. How is Constancio's uncle, Damaso, paralyzed?
(a) In a horseback riding accident.
(b) In a skiing accident.
(c) In a diving accident.
(d) In a car accident.
10. How many months pregnant in Isabel when she arrives in Miami?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Seven months.
11. Where does Dulce attempt to live after she becomes homeless?
(a) In a circus tent.
(b) With a traveling carnival.
(c) In a bowling alley.
(d) In a movie theater.
12. After Blanca becomes pregnant, where does she want to move to?
13. How many miles does Constancia swim to reach the Cuban coast?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Fifteen miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Twelve miles.
14. When Reina sees herself naked, how large does she think she is?
(a) Four times her normal size.
(b) Half her normal size.
(c) Twice her normal size.
(d) Three times her normal size.
15. With what does Constancia hit Reina over the head with, knocking her overboard?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A book.
(c) An oar.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
2. How does Reina pass her evening hours while living with Constancia?
3. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
4. What type of car does Constancia secure in Cuba?
5. How many of Gonazalo's wives show up to his funeral?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)