|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Reina's new boyfriend, the self-made millionaire?
(a) Russ Hicks.
(b) Ralph Dussick.
(c) Randy Huss.
(d) Rick Dandy.
2. How many chairs does Blanca collect and store in her bedroom?
(d) Nine hundred.
3. Which part of Ignacio's family member's body is riddled with cancer?
(a) The throat.
(b) The brain.
(c) The bones.
(d) The liver.
4. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
(a) Because her mother told her that she would never commit suicide.
(b) Because she thinks their father was an evil man.
(c) Because she knows their mother never would have abandoned them.
(d) Because she doesn't think it was physically possible.
5. Which animal is Blanca's favorite animal to study in Cuba?
6. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
7. How do the men at the yacht club respond to Reina's presence there?
(a) They are curious about her, but keep their distance.
(b) They are attracted to her and openly woo her.
(c) They are disgusted that such a woman would join their club.
(d) They completely ignore her.
8. What causes Silvestre's deafness?
(a) A genetic trait.
(b) A high fever.
(c) An amputated ear.
(d) A loud noise.
9. What animal tramples Blanca's mother to death?
10. When does Ignacio begin the trek to the nearest town after killing his wife?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At noon.
11. How does Reina help Constancia with the factory she hopes to open?
(a) She sews curtains for the windows.
(b) She digs the drainage ditches.
(c) She completes the building's wiring.
(d) She lays brick with the men for nearly three weeks.
12. How long does Ignacio plan for his wife's death?
(a) He says he had been planning it for months.
(b) He says he had been planning it for weeks.
(c) He says he did not plan it.
(d) He says he had been planning it for days.
13. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
(a) She refuses to deal with Herberto's corpse.
(b) She has it cremated.
(c) She buries it in Cuba.
(d) She has it sent back to Miami.
14. How does Constancia respond to Reina's claim about their mother's graveside visitor?
(a) She is interested in Reina's revelations.
(b) She does not acknowledge Reina's statements.
(c) She is amused by Reina's imagination.
(d) She is infuriated at Reina's blasphemy.
15. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
(a) He believed Blanca was cheating on him.
(b) He gives the reader no answers.
(c) He killed her because she was losing her mind.
(d) He wanted to inherit Blanca's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ignacio claim to have taken aim at when he shoots his wife?
2. Who has raided Eugenia Mestro's grave by the time Constancia arrives to it?
3. Which of the following foods is NOT one that Dulce lives off of while she is homeless?
4. How many months pregnant in Isabel when she arrives in Miami?
5. What color does Ignacio think Blanca's hair shimmers like in the sun?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)