|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Constancia and Reina visit to pay homage to before making the journey back to Cuba?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The birds.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The trees.
2. How does Reina help Constancia with the factory she hopes to open?
(a) She completes the building's wiring.
(b) She digs the drainage ditches.
(c) She sews curtains for the windows.
(d) She lays brick with the men for nearly three weeks.
3. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
(a) She lets Reina drown, leaving her.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) She pulls Reina out of the water immediately.
(d) Nearly an hour.
4. How does Reina feel about Constancia's cosmetics business?
(a) She completely supports it.
(b) She is apathetic to it.
(c) She thinks it is a laughable business.
(d) She is confused by it.
5. What does Reina claim their father stole from their mother in order to better his own life?
(a) Her family name.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her youth.
6. When does Ignacio begin the trek to the nearest town after killing his wife?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At noon.
7. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
(b) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
(c) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
(d) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
8. How many of Gonazalo's wives show up to his funeral?
9. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
(a) She has it sent back to Miami.
(b) She refuses to deal with Herberto's corpse.
(c) She buries it in Cuba.
(d) She has it cremated.
10. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
11. What interesting person does Reina see only once at her mother's grave?
(a) A man who claimed to be Reina's brother.
(b) A man who claimed to be Blanca's killer.
(c) A man who claimed to be Reina's father.
(d) A man who claimed to be Blanca's lover.
12. In what class does Ignacio meet Blanca for the first time?
(a) Physical Education.
13. Where is the only place Blanca wants to make love to her husband after their honeymoon?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In water.
(c) In the treetops.
(d) In the bed.
14. When Reina sees herself naked, how large does she think she is?
(a) Twice her normal size.
(b) Three times her normal size.
(c) Four times her normal size.
(d) Half her normal size.
15. Where around Blanca's body is the animal that Ignacio aimed at flying?
(a) Near her heart.
(b) Near her head.
(c) Near her stomach.
(d) Near her legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ignacio claim to have taken aim at when he shoots his wife?
2. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
3. What does Blanca demand Ignacio give her after she finds out she is pregnant?
4. What does Ignacio say he felt when he pulled the trigger of the gun, shooting his wife?
5. How is Constancio's uncle, Damaso, paralyzed?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)