|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the grievous cancer diagnosis does Ignacio's family member die?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
2. Which of the following foods is NOT one that Dulce lives off of while she is homeless?
3. How many chairs does Blanca collect and store in her bedroom?
(d) Nine hundred.
4. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
(b) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
(c) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
(d) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
5. How does Reina feel about Constancia's cosmetics business?
(a) She completely supports it.
(b) She is apathetic to it.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She thinks it is a laughable business.
6. How many days does Dulce have to work to earn the money for airfare to Miami?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Seven days.
7. How do the men at the yacht club respond to Reina's presence there?
(a) They are attracted to her and openly woo her.
(b) They completely ignore her.
(c) They are disgusted that such a woman would join their club.
(d) They are curious about her, but keep their distance.
8. Who directs Constancia to make an offering to nature before starting out on her journey to Cuba?
(a) The santero.
(b) Reina Aguero.
(c) Uncle Damaso.
(d) Evaristo Leal.
9. Why does Reina love her new restoring job?
(a) Because she knows Constancia is jealous of her.
(b) Because she never wants to go back to prostitution.
(c) Because she can work at any time of the day.
(d) Because she loves the publicity she is receiving.
10. What is the name of Reina's new boyfriend, the self-made millionaire?
(a) Ralph Dussick.
(b) Rick Dandy.
(c) Randy Huss.
(d) Russ Hicks.
11. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
(a) Watching television.
(d) Eating his dinner.
12. Which of the following best describes Gonzalo's body when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
13. Where does Ignacio take Blanca for their honeymoon?
(a) The Isle of Pines.
(b) The Isle of Coral.
(c) The Isle of Dolphins.
(d) The Isle of Roses.
14. When does Ignacio begin the trek to the nearest town after killing his wife?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At noon.
15. Which of his parents' belongings does Ignacio sell to earn the funds to publish his first book?
(a) Their family heirlooms.
(b) Their insurance plans.
(c) Their house.
(d) Their car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do Constancia and Reina visit to pay homage to before making the journey back to Cuba?
2. Why is Evaristo so late in making his delivery to Constancia?
3. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
4. How long does Ignacio plan for his wife's death?
5. Where does Dulce attempt to live after she becomes homeless?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)