|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Reina's face is/are described as being "large and flawless"?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her eyes.
2. What position does Ignacio apply for on Dr. Samuel Forrest's team?
3. What is the name of the swamp Ignacio and Blanca are working in?
(a) Wallaby Swamp.
(b) Verano Swamp.
(c) Zapatos Swamp.
(d) Xerxes Swamp.
4. What instrument does Ignacio's mother play?
(a) The flute.
(b) The clarinet.
(c) The trumpet.
(d) The oboe.
5. How many days does thirteen-year-old Ignacio sit on the found nest, protecting the eggs from predators?
(a) Nearly five days.
(b) Nearly three days.
(c) Nearly seven days.
(d) Nearly nine days.
6. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustained in her accident?
(a) Holes burned into her ears from her earrings.
(b) Imprints of her tools on her skin.
(c) Pores that leaked blood for days.
(d) Chunks of hair missing from her head.
7. What characteristic of his favorite animal does Ignacio find particularly attractive?
(a) Their ability to survive in any terrain.
(b) Their ability to exploit larger animals.
(c) Their simple construction.
(d) Their carefree existence.
8. How many volumes of books does Reina keep in her apartment?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Three thousand.
(d) None. Reina is terrified of books.
9. How many wives has Gonzalo Cruz had?
10. Which character believes her face is slowly transforming into her mother's, and feels that she no longer recognizes her reflection in the mirror?
(a) Dulce Aguero.
(b) Blanca Aguero.
(c) Reina Aguero.
(d) Constancia Aguero.
11. Where is the gaping wound on Reina's mother's body?
(a) The chest.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The scalp.
(d) The throat.
12. What animal does Blanca feel fly past her neck?
(a) A moth.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A hummingbird.
13. Which book does Ignacio receive for his thirteenth birthday?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) The Bible.
(c) An Atlas.
(d) A dictionary.
14. As an adult, where does Reina deposit her father's shotgun?
(a) In the sea.
(b) In her mother's grave.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) In a safe.
15. What happens between Abelardo and Dulce on the day she is arrested?
(a) Dulce offers Abelardo a job.
(b) Abelardo and Dulce conceive their first child.
(c) Dulce breaks up with Abelardo.
(d) Abelardo proposes to Dulce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dulce hoping to visit as soon as her visa is approved?
2. What does the bird drop on the crowds of people celebrating in the streets of Cuba?
3. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustains trying to move the last water pump in El Cobre?
4. During what decade does the Prologue take place?
5. How long does Dr. Forrest make Ignacio wait before offering him a job?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)