|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Constancia think is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
(a) A disgruntled business partner.
(b) A random attacker.
(c) A jaded ex-lover.
(d) A radical exile group.
2. During the Bay of Pigs fight, where is Gonzalo shot?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the back.
3. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
(c) Teaching English.
4. What is the name of Reina's daughter?
5. What does Reina Aguero do for a living?
(a) She is a sailor.
(b) She is an electrician.
(c) She is a miner.
(d) She is a blacksmith.
6. Where is the gaping wound on Reina's mother's body?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The chest.
(c) The scalp.
(d) The throat.
7. Who stops Herberto from fighting in the Bay of Pigs?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
8. Which state reminds Constancia of her life in Cuba?
9. Where does Dulce meet her boyfriend Abelardo on the day she is arrested?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the library.
(d) At his home.
10. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
11. What nickname does Reina receive from her co-workers?
(a) Compañera Americanish.
(b) Compañera Africana.
(c) Compañera Amazona.
(d) Compañera Atlantia.
12. What does Soledad attempt to throw at the bird she sees through the window?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A book.
(d) A rock.
13. How long does the Cuban government state they will need to process Reina's visa application?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
14. What reason do the doctors give for Reina's injuries?
(a) She was struck by lightning.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) She fell out of a tree.
(d) She nearly drowned in the river.
15. Which of the following objects does Herberto illegally sell to New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does Pepin bring into Reina's hospital room hoping it will sniff out the evil there?
2. What type of scientist is Dr. Samuel Forrest?
3. What characteristic of his favorite animal does Ignacio find particularly attractive?
4. As an adult, where does Reina deposit her father's shotgun?
5. What ailment affects Constancia's son?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)