|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the Cuban government state they will need to process Reina's visa application?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
2. What animal are Ignacio and Blanca searching for in the swamp?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A snake.
(d) A duck.
3. During what month is Ignacio Augero born?
4. What does Reina offer to La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre in prayer?
(a) A hollyhock.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A purse of coins.
(d) A wrench.
5. What happens between Abelardo and Dulce on the day she is arrested?
(a) Dulce breaks up with Abelardo.
(b) Abelardo and Dulce conceive their first child.
(c) Dulce offers Abelardo a job.
(d) Abelardo proposes to Dulce.
6. What does Constancia sell for a living?
(a) Used cars.
7. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
8. Who stops Herberto from fighting in the Bay of Pigs?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
9. What do Ignacio and Blanco do for a living?
(a) They are zoologists.
(b) They are naturalists.
(c) They are poachers.
(d) They are biologists.
10. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustains trying to move the last water pump in El Cobre?
(a) Her nose is broken.
(b) Her wrist is sprained.
(c) Her teeth are loosened.
(d) Her hair is pulled out.
11. In what level of his education does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
(a) Elementary school.
(c) Middle school.
(d) High school.
12. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
(c) Teaching English.
13. How long after moving in with Abelardo does Ducle run away?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two weeks.
14. What ailment affects Constancia's son?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is dyslexic.
(d) He is blind.
15. What type of bird does Soledad spot through the window as she is giving birth to Ignacio?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A robin.
(d) An owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Ignacio's mother play?
2. Which book does Ignacio receive for his thirteenth birthday?
3. How long does Dr. Forrest make Ignacio wait before offering him a job?
4. Which state reminds Constancia of her life in Cuba?
5. Which animals live in paddocks at Hialeah Park?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)