|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state reminds Constancia of her life in Cuba?
2. What does Reina bring with her to the funeral home to place in her mother's coffin?
(a) A pressed flower.
(b) A snakeskin.
(c) A photograph of Reina as a child.
(d) A handful of golden leaves.
3. Which character believes her face is slowly transforming into her mother's, and feels that she no longer recognizes her reflection in the mirror?
(a) Reina Aguero.
(b) Constancia Aguero.
(c) Blanca Aguero.
(d) Dulce Aguero.
4. Who is Dulce fired for fraternizing with?
(a) A parent.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A student.
5. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
(a) The Committee for Insomnia.
(b) The Cuban Militia.
(c) The Miners of Cuban Gold.
(d) The Defense of the Revolution.
6. How are Ignacio and Blanca traveling through the swamp?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On bicycles.
(c) On a boat.
(d) On foot.
7. Whose arrival are the people of Cuba celebrating on the day Ignacio is born?
(a) A politician.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) An actor.
(d) A doctor.
8. How far along into her pregnancy is Blanca Aguero when she miraculously returns to her family after going missing?
(a) Three months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Nine months.
9. What animal does Blanca feel fly past her neck?
(a) A moth.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) A mosquito.
10. How long does the Cuban government state they will need to process Reina's visa application?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
11. As an adult, where does Reina deposit her father's shotgun?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In the sea.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) In her mother's grave.
12. Which of the following disorders does Reina suffer from?
(d) Muscular Dystrophy.
13. Where does Constancia visit Gonzalo when she asks about Herberto's whereabouts?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At a church.
(d) At his home.
14. What is the name of Reina's daughter?
15. What does Reina offer to La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre in prayer?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A hollyhock.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A purse of coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Constancia find Herberto's body after he goes missing?
2. Where is Ignacio's father, Reinaldo, born?
3. How many wives has Gonzalo Cruz had?
4. What reason do the doctors give for Reina's injuries?
5. What is the name of Gonzalo's radical militia group?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)