|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dulce meet the foreigner, Bengt?
(a) At a bowling alley.
(b) At a museum.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At a dance hall.
2. What does Reina Aguero do for a living?
(a) She is an electrician.
(b) She is a blacksmith.
(c) She is a miner.
(d) She is a sailor.
3. What illness strikes Reinaldo Aguero in the winter of 1914?
(a) Yellow fever.
(d) Small pox.
4. During what month is Ignacio Augero born?
5. After Herberto goes missing, what does Constancia begin selling door-to-door?
(b) Candy bars.
6. Which of the following relatives of Herberto's does NOT fight in the Bay of Pigs?
(a) His older brother.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
7. Where are Ignacio and Blanca hoping to send the animal they are searching for?
(a) To San Francisco.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To New Orleans.
(d) To Boston.
8. How many days does thirteen-year-old Ignacio sit on the found nest, protecting the eggs from predators?
(a) Nearly nine days.
(b) Nearly five days.
(c) Nearly three days.
(d) Nearly seven days.
9. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
(a) The Defense of the Revolution.
(b) The Committee for Insomnia.
(c) The Cuban Militia.
(d) The Miners of Cuban Gold.
10. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
11. How long does the Cuban government state they will need to process Reina's visa application?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
12. Who does Gonzalo claim is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
(a) A disgruntled business partner.
(b) A random attacker.
(c) A jaded ex-lover.
(d) A radical exile group.
13. What do Reina's family and friends donate to her in the hopes of a speedy recovery?
14. Which of the following disorders does Reina suffer from?
(b) Muscular Dystrophy.
15. How are Ignacio and Blanca traveling through the swamp?
(a) On foot.
(b) On bicycles.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Constancia find Herberto's body after he goes missing?
2. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustained in her accident?
3. How does Herberto feel when he trains for the resistance in Cuba?
4. What instrument does Ignacio's mother play?
5. Whose funeral do Herberto and Constancia attend together?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)