|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the gaping wound on Reina's mother's body?
(a) The scalp.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The throat.
(d) The chest.
2. How does Constancia feel about Herberto joining a militia group?
(a) She is apathetic to his life.
(b) She is completely supportive of it.
(c) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(d) She is confused by his choices.
3. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustained in her accident?
(a) Imprints of her tools on her skin.
(b) Holes burned into her ears from her earrings.
(c) Chunks of hair missing from her head.
(d) Pores that leaked blood for days.
4. Which of Abelardo's family members does Dulce steal money and jewelry from?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His sister.
5. Which animals live in paddocks at Hialeah Park?
6. What is the name of Reina's daughter?
7. What bird does Pepin bring into Reina's hospital room hoping it will sniff out the evil there?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A swan.
(c) A duck.
(d) A goose.
8. Who does Gonzalo claim is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
(a) A disgruntled business partner.
(b) A radical exile group.
(c) A jaded ex-lover.
(d) A random attacker.
9. How far does Ignacio have to carry his wife's body to the nearest town?
(a) Seventeen miles.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Seventy miles.
(d) Seven hundred miles.
10. Where are Ignacio and Blanca hoping to send the animal they are searching for?
(a) To Boston.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To New Orleans.
(d) To San Francisco.
11. What nickname does Reina receive from her co-workers?
(a) Compañera Atlantia.
(b) Compañera Americanish.
(c) Compañera Amazona.
(d) Compañera Africana.
12. What does Reina bring with her to the funeral home to place in her mother's coffin?
(a) A handful of golden leaves.
(b) A photograph of Reina as a child.
(c) A pressed flower.
(d) A snakeskin.
13. As a child, who accompanies Reina to the funeral home after her mother's death?
(a) No one - Reina made the trip alone.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
14. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
15. Who is Dulce fired for fraternizing with?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A student.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gonzalo's radical militia group?
2. As an adult, where does Reina deposit her father's shotgun?
3. What does the bird drop on the crowds of people celebrating in the streets of Cuba?
4. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustains trying to move the last water pump in El Cobre?
5. Where does Constancia find Herberto's body after he goes missing?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)