|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words completes this sentence taken from Ignacio's deathbed note, "The quest for truth is far more glorious than the quest for ___________ ."
2. What does the city of El Cobre mine?
3. What animal does Blanca feel fly past her neck?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) A moth.
4. Which of the following is NOT an injury that Reina sustained in her accident?
(a) Pores that leaked blood for days.
(b) Imprints of her tools on her skin.
(c) Chunks of hair missing from her head.
(d) Holes burned into her ears from her earrings.
5. Where does Dulce meet her boyfriend Abelardo on the day she is arrested?
(a) At his home.
(b) At the library.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a restaurant.
6. How does Constancia feel about Herberto joining a militia group?
(a) She is completely supportive of it.
(b) She is confused by his choices.
(c) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(d) She is apathetic to his life.
7. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
8. What does Constancia recently win as a commission for high sales in her company?
(a) New hardwood floors for her home.
(b) A diamond pendant.
(c) A pink Cadillac.
(d) A trip to Walt Disney World.
9. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
10. Which of the following disorders does Reina suffer from?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
11. How does Ignacio Aguero die?
(a) He was killed in a car accident.
(b) He jumped off a bridge.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He died of a broken heart.
12. How many days does thirteen-year-old Ignacio sit on the found nest, protecting the eggs from predators?
(a) Nearly three days.
(b) Nearly nine days.
(c) Nearly seven days.
(d) Nearly five days.
13. What is Ignacio's mother's name?
(c) Santa Anna.
14. How are Ignacio and Blanca traveling through the swamp?
(a) On bicycles.
(b) On a boat.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horseback.
15. What instrument does Ignacio's father, Renaldo, play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The harp.
(d) The piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of his favorite animal does Ignacio find particularly attractive?
2. What does Constancia sell for a living?
3. Which of the following objects does Herberto illegally sell to New York?
4. Whose funeral do Herberto and Constancia attend together?
5. How many volumes of books does Reina keep in her apartment?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)