|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
2. In what country do Ignacio and Blanca live?
(c) The Dominican Republic.
(d) Costa Rica.
3. Where are Ignacio and Blanca hoping to send the animal they are searching for?
(a) To Boston.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To New Orleans.
4. How does Herberto feel when he trains for the resistance in Cuba?
(a) He feels obligated to his brother to fight.
(b) He feels confused and doesn't understand why the resistance is necessary.
(c) He feels afraid and regrets his decision.
(d) He feels young and alive.
5. In what city does Constancia Aguerro live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) In Seattle.
(c) In New York City.
(d) In Chicago.
6. Where is Dulce hoping to visit as soon as her visa is approved?
(b) The United States.
7. What is the name of Reina's daughter?
8. What do Ignacio and Blanco do for a living?
(a) They are zoologists.
(b) They are poachers.
(c) They are naturalists.
(d) They are biologists.
9. What instrument does Ignacio's father, Renaldo, play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The harp.
(c) The piano.
(d) The harmonica.
10. What part of Reina's face is/are described as being "large and flawless"?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her eyes.
11. What happens between Abelardo and Dulce on the day she is arrested?
(a) Dulce breaks up with Abelardo.
(b) Abelardo and Dulce conceive their first child.
(c) Dulce offers Abelardo a job.
(d) Abelardo proposes to Dulce.
12. What do Constancia's relatives tell her about Gonzalo Cruz while at the family funeral?
(a) That Gonzalo is getting divorced.
(b) That Gonzalo is dying.
(c) That Gonzalo has gone bankrupt.
(d) That Gonzalo has just won the lottery.
13. How many volumes of books does Reina keep in her apartment?
(a) None. Reina is terrified of books.
(b) Three hundred.
(d) Three thousand.
14. What reason do the doctors give for Reina's injuries?
(a) She fell out of a tree.
(b) She nearly drowned in the river.
(c) She was hit by a car.
(d) She was struck by lightning.
15. Who is Dulce fired for fraternizing with?
(a) A parent.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A student.
(d) A foreigner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the man Reina's daughter intends to marry?
2. During what month is Ignacio Augero born?
3. How long has Reina been in a relationship with Pepin Beltrán?
4. Which of the following characters works as a prostitute to make a living?
5. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)