|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Miami.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness strikes Reinaldo Aguero in the winter of 1914?
(c) Small pox.
(d) Yellow fever.
2. What does the bird drop on the crowds of people celebrating in the streets of Cuba?
3. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
(a) The Committee for Insomnia.
(b) The Miners of Cuban Gold.
(c) The Defense of the Revolution.
(d) The Cuban Militia.
4. Where does Dulce meet her boyfriend Abelardo on the day she is arrested?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At the library.
(d) At his home.
5. Where does Reina spend most of her time while recovering from her injuries?
(a) In a physical rehabilitation center.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In her home.
(d) In her sister's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year do Ignacio and Blanca head to the swamps in search of the elusive animal?
2. Which animals live in paddocks at Hialeah Park?
3. Who does Constancia think is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
4. Which of the following words completes this sentence taken from Ignacio's deathbed note, "The quest for truth is far more glorious than the quest for ___________ ."
5. What type of bird does Soledad spot through the window as she is giving birth to Ignacio?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)