|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Coral Gables and Owls of Oriente.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Abelardo and Dulce on the day she is arrested?
(a) Abelardo and Dulce conceive their first child.
(b) Dulce breaks up with Abelardo.
(c) Abelardo proposes to Dulce.
(d) Dulce offers Abelardo a job.
2. What causes Silvestre's deafness?
(a) A genetic trait.
(b) A high fever.
(c) An amputated ear.
(d) A loud noise.
3. How many days does thirteen-year-old Ignacio sit on the found nest, protecting the eggs from predators?
(a) Nearly three days.
(b) Nearly seven days.
(c) Nearly nine days.
(d) Nearly five days.
4. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
(a) A bone.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A key.
(d) A lock of hair.
5. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
(a) Nearly an hour.
(b) She lets Reina drown, leaving her.
(c) She pulls Reina out of the water immediately.
(d) A few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interesting person does Reina see only once at her mother's grave?
2. How does Reina pass her evening hours while living with Constancia?
3. What does the bird drop on the crowds of people celebrating in the streets of Cuba?
4. Which of the following relatives of Herberto's does NOT fight in the Bay of Pigs?
5. How does Ignacio respond when Reina asks him if he is her true father?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)