|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Coral Gables and Owls of Oriente.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
(a) A bone.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A key.
2. According to the news report Reina overhears, how many exiles are attacking Veradero Beach?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) One hundred.
(d) One thousand.
3. Where is Ignacio's father, Reinaldo, born?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In Portugal.
(c) In Cuba.
(d) In Spain.
4. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
(a) She lets Reina drown, leaving her.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) She pulls Reina out of the water immediately.
(d) Nearly an hour.
5. Which of the following do Constancia and Reina visit to pay homage to before making the journey back to Cuba?
(a) The birds.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The trees.
(d) The rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Constancia think is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
2. During the Bay of Pigs fight, where is Gonzalo shot?
3. How many days does thirteen-year-old Ignacio sit on the found nest, protecting the eggs from predators?
4. Who stops Herberto from fighting in the Bay of Pigs?
5. How does Herberto feel when he trains for the resistance in Cuba?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)