|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Coral Gables and Owls of Oriente.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Abelardo's family members does Dulce steal money and jewelry from?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His aunt.
2. How many days does thirteen-year-old Ignacio sit on the found nest, protecting the eggs from predators?
(a) Nearly nine days.
(b) Nearly three days.
(c) Nearly five days.
(d) Nearly seven days.
3. How does Reina help Constancia with the factory she hopes to open?
(a) She completes the building's wiring.
(b) She sews curtains for the windows.
(c) She digs the drainage ditches.
(d) She lays brick with the men for nearly three weeks.
4. What reason do the doctors give for Reina's injuries?
(a) She fell out of a tree.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) She nearly drowned in the river.
(d) She was struck by lightning.
5. How much notice does Silvestre give his mother before arriving at her doorstep?
(a) He gives her one week's warning.
(b) He gives her one day's warning.
(c) He gives his mother no warning.
(d) He gives her one month's warning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Reina's face is/are described as being "large and flawless"?
2. What type of bird does Soledad spot through the window as she is giving birth to Ignacio?
3. After leaving Abelardo, what does Dulce find a job doing?
4. What do Reina's family and friends donate to her in the hopes of a speedy recovery?
5. What does Isabel name her newborn son?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)