|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) enthralled by what they see
(b) disgusted because it is nude
(c) angry over the misuse of the marble
(d) indifferent, holding back payment
2. When the project for Leo X is canceled, how does Michelangelo feel?
(a) that his life and reputation are ruined
(b) that his life is over
(c) that the Church is a criminal organization
(d) that the de Medici family is still angry with him
3. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) his recordkeeping is poor
(b) he never kept any receipts
(c) his receipts were lost in a fire
(d) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
4. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) the Doge of Milan
(b) Pope Julius II
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Domenico Ghirlandaio
5. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) escort his wife
(b) design jewelry for his wife
(c) paint a portrait of his wife
(d) carve a bust of his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
2. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
3. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
4. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
5. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)