Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
(a) a contract for decorating a palace
(b) a large block of marble
(c) a scaffolding they do not use
(d) a studio for rent
2. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
(a) to leave Rome and never return
(b) to start over on Julius' tomb
(c) to create a monument to Julius
(d) to finish Julius' tomb
3. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
(a) Giovanni de Medici
(b) Jacopo Galli
(c) the Cardinal of San Dionigi
(d) Cardinal Riario
4. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) opening his own studio
(b) the sculpture garden
(c) making his name in the art world
(d) finding models
5. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) overly educated in the arts
(b) subservient and docile
(c) absent minded and useless
(d) corrupted by power and money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
2. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
3. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
4. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
5. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)