|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) sponsor him as a sculptor
(b) find him another patron
(c) accept him back as an apprentice
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
2. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
(a) expenses back to florence
(b) the marble
(c) a little money
(d) a scholarship
3. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
(a) helps him when his stepmother dies
(b) shows him where to buy marble
(c) introduces him to a diplomat
(d) teaches him more about architecture
4. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he does not like doing them
(b) he is thrilled to be doing them
(c) he feels he is learning a lot
(d) he thinks they are difficult to do
5. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Granacci is present
(d) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
Short Answer Questions
1. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
2. Who is Il Magnifico?
3. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
4. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
5. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)