Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) absent minded and useless
(b) corrupted by power and money
(c) subservient and docile
(d) overly educated in the arts
2. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
(a) his father
(b) the church
(c) Piero de Medici
(d) the Contessina
3. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
(a) dismiss him from school
(b) put him to death
(c) put him in a monastery
(d) put him in prison
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) learn how to copy him
(c) see how little talent he has
(d) develop his own style in his own way
5. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(c) Il Magnifico
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
4. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)