Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) release his student
(b) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(c) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(d) cater to the Medici family
2. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a well-built, handsome young man
(b) a short, fat hanger on
(c) a deformed genius
(d) a plain and untalented boy
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) his son's becoming famous
(b) a new position in Milan
(c) connections to de Medici
(d) Michelangelo will change his mind
4. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his anti-social behavior
(b) with his long hours of study
(c) with his talents and beliefs
(d) with the poorness of his clothes
5. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a face
(b) a lion
(c) a faun
(d) a cat
Short Answer Questions
1. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
2. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
3. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
4. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
5. Who operates the sculpture garden?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)