Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
2. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
3. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
5. What is Newland's secret plan?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Newland impulsively leave for Florida to join May's family? What has prompted him to make the decision? Is this decision typical of his nature?
Essay Topic 2
During the story, Newland sends flowers to both May and Ellen. What flowers does he send to May? What is their significance? What flowers does he send to Ellen? What is their significance?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Ellen's arrival into the scene so controversial? Why does she make the others so uncomfortable?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)