Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
2. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
3. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
5. What is Newland's secret plan?
Explain all the rumors surrounding Ellen. What indiscretions was she connected with before arriving in New York? What indiscretions does she commit while in New York?
What is the van der Lydens' role in New York society? Where do they fit on the class pyramid? Why do they wield so much power?
Why does Newland think it is critical to announce his and May's engagement at the Beauforts' ball? What has happened to make the timing so critical? Does Ellen agree?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)