Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
2. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
3. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
5. What is Newland's secret plan?
Why does Newland never break his engagement to May in order to be with Ellen? Is his sense of decorum too strong or is he perhaps afraid of what being with Ellen might actually be like? Explain.
Why is Ellen's arrival into the scene so controversial? Why does she make the others so uncomfortable?
Describe Julius and Regina Beaufort. Why are they considered to be common among those in high class society? Why are they allowed admittance to high class life in New York?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)