|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mingott ask of Newland?
2. What does Newland tell May after the party?
3. What is Newland's secret plan?
4. What does Ellen tell Newland about their relationship?
5. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Newland never break his engagement to May in order to be with Ellen? Is his sense of decorum too strong or is he perhaps afraid of what being with Ellen might actually be like? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What does Newland consider his role to be as May's new husband? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mrs. Mingott's role in New York society? What are her eccentricities? Why does she wield so much power?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)