|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
2. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
3. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
5. What is Newland's secret plan?
Essay Topic 1
What does the class system provide for the people in the story? Why is it necessary?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Julius and Regina Beaufort. Why are they considered to be common among those in high class society? Why are they allowed admittance to high class life in New York?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Newland become a champion for Ellen? What does it say about her personality? What does it say about his?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)