|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
2. To what have Newland and May been invited?
3. How many years have passed since the last chapter?
4. Where will Ellen's train arrive?
5. Where does Newland pick up Ellen?
Essay Topic 1
What is the van der Lydens' role in New York society? Where do they fit on the class pyramid? Why do they wield so much power?
Essay Topic 2
What does the class system provide for the people in the story? Why is it necessary?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Newland's perception of May evolves as he has more exposure to Ellen. How does Newland come to view May during their honeymoon trip? Why?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)