|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(b) She will be happy to help in any way she can
(c) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
(d) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
2. Which of the following is not a name of Newland and May's children?
3. Who is having dinner with Mrs. Archer, Janey, Newland and May?
(a) Countess Oleska
(b) Mr. Jackson
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
4. What secret thought does Newland keep during the dinner?
(a) Nothing can prevent him from following Ellen to Europe
(b) He is content in his new home
(c) He is desperately unhappy now that Ellen is leaving
(d) He must have been mad to consider leaving May
5. About what do Newland and Ellen talk?
(a) Newland and May's wedding
(b) What has happened since they last met
(c) Newland's new horse
(d) Mrs. Mingott's fortune
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Newland make?
2. What is Mr. Riviere's belief about Ellen?
3. Where has Ellen been living?
4. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
5. What does Ellen's family now consider her?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)