|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Mingott send Newland to get?
2. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He cancels them
(b) He changes them to a new date
(c) He revises them to include May
(d) He decides to keep them
3. What does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) He is leaving May
(b) He has started her divorce proceedings
(c) He had made plans to travel to Washington to see her
(d) He has bought another horse
4. In what city is the event of #92?
5. Where does Newland go after Ellen leaves?
(a) The natural history museum
(b) The train station
(c) The matinee
(d) The library
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
2. What does Ellen promise Newland?
3. What does Ellen receive while in Washington?
4. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
5. How does Newland travel to his destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the news that finally thwarts Newland and Ellen's ever being together?
2. How does Newland respond while traveling in Europe and receiving an invitation to visit Ellen at her home?
3. What is Mr. Riviere's opinion about Ellen returning to her husband?
4. What happens when Newland picks up Ellen at the train station?
5. Why is May hesitant about attending a dinner party while on the honeymoon trip in Europe?
6. What topic of conversation do Newland and Ellen inevitably discuss?
7. What deceitful behavior does Newland exhibit in Chapter 22?
8. How does Newland determine that he is kept out of many family discussions?
9. How does Newland continue behavior that shows he is still obsessed with Ellen?
10. Explain the nature of Newland's growing disappointment with his new wife.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)