|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Newland tells May that he will soon have to travel to ______________ for business.
2. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) New York
3. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
(a) They both enjoy French cuisine
(b) They both love horse racing
(c) They have been miserable without each other
(d) They both hate vacationing in Newport
4. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) The Wellands
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Elaine Astor
5. To what do people point to as the reason for Ellen's improper behavior?
(a) Having grown up an orphan
(b) Not having gone to finishing school
(c) Not having her own personal fortune
(d) Having lived in Europe for so long
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
2. What does Ellen promise Newland?
3. Which of the following is not a name of Newland and May's children?
4. What does Newland tell May after the party?
5. What is the occasion of the first big event hosted at Newland and May's home?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)