|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
(a) They both hate vacationing in Newport
(b) They both love horse racing
(c) They both enjoy French cuisine
(d) They have been miserable without each other
2. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
(a) The Bahamas
(c) Boco Raton
3. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
(a) The stock market crash
(b) The Easter Parade
(c) The new theater season
(d) The Beaufort bankruptcy and Ellen
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
(a) She does not want to hurt May
(b) She does not want to leave her husband
(c) She is in love with someone else
(d) She is returning to Europe
5. What is Newland's secret plan?
(a) To alter Mrs. Mingott's will to exclude Ellen
(b) To leave the law firm
(c) Find out where Ellen plans to travel and go with her
(d) To have an affair with Ellen
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott know that Newland is on her side?
2. Who is it rumored will soon lose all his money?
3. In what city is the event of #92?
4. Who does Newland run into when he returns to New York?
5. What does Newland reason is the only way Ellen would return to her husband?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)