|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland about their relationship?
(a) She is considering having an affair with him
(b) She will not have an affair with him and hurt May
(c) She wants him no matter who gets hurt
(d) She wants to make her husband jealous
2. Where does Newland pick up Ellen?
(a) The Botanical Gardens
(b) The Ritz
(c) The bus terminal
(d) The train station
3. What does Newland reason is the only way Ellen would return to her husband?
(a) If Ellen inherited Mrs. Mingot's fortune
(b) If her husband came to get her himself
(c) If she felt tempted in any way by Newland
(d) If Newland and May were to separate
4. What does Newland not understand about Ellen's behavior?
(a) She is staying in New York despite the fact that Mrs. Mingott is better
(b) She is starting divorce proceedings again
(c) She is learning to speak Spanish
(d) She is wearing extremely provocative clothing
5. What decision does Newland make?
(a) To go to Boston the next day
(b) To divorce May
(c) To stop seeing Ellen
(d) To buy two horses
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Newland sitting?
2. Who requests Newland to visit a few days later?
3. What does Ellen's family now consider her?
4. How are May's dinner conversation skills?
5. To what do people point to as the reason for Ellen's improper behavior?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)