|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Mrs. Beaufort
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Astor
2. Who is it rumored will soon lose all his money?
(a) Mr. van der Luyden
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) John D. Rockefeller
(d) Andrew Carnegie
3. What does Newland tell May after the party?
(a) He is madly in love with her
(b) He needs a break and needs to go far away
(c) He wants to start a family
(d) The party was a great success
4. What does Newland begin to tell May when they return home?
(a) That she looks lovely in her new dress
(b) That they need to host a dinner for the Beauforts
(c) That he needs to find a new doctor
(d) That he loves Ellen
5. What is Newland's secret plan?
(a) To have an affair with Ellen
(b) Find out where Ellen plans to travel and go with her
(c) To alter Mrs. Mingott's will to exclude Ellen
(d) To leave the law firm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland do after breakfast?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland?
3. What new game does May enjoy playing?
4. Where do Newland and May go on their honeymoon trip?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland about their relationship?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)