Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
(a) They both hate vacationing in Newport
(b) They both love horse racing
(c) They both enjoy French cuisine
(d) They have been miserable without each other
2. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
(a) The Bahamas
(c) Boco Raton
3. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
(a) The stock market crash
(b) The Easter Parade
(c) The new theater season
(d) The Beaufort bankruptcy and Ellen
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
(a) She does not want to hurt May
(b) She does not want to leave her husband
(c) She is in love with someone else
(d) She is returning to Europe
5. What is Newland's secret plan?
(a) To alter Mrs. Mingott's will to exclude Ellen
(b) To leave the law firm
(c) Find out where Ellen plans to travel and go with her
(d) To have an affair with Ellen
6. Why does Mrs. Mingott know that Newland is on her side?
(a) His name is never mentioned in the family arguments
(b) He has always been extra attentive to her
(c) They are both conservative Republicans
(d) They are the only ones in the family with any business sense
7. Who is it rumored will soon lose all his money?
(a) John D. Rockefeller
(b) Andrew Carnegie
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
8. In what city is the event of #92?
9. Who does Newland run into when he returns to New York?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) John D. Rockefeller
(c) Mr. Riviere
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
10. What does Newland reason is the only way Ellen would return to her husband?
(a) If Newland and May were to separate
(b) If Ellen inherited Mrs. Mingot's fortune
(c) If she felt tempted in any way by Newland
(d) If her husband came to get her himself
11. Where do Newland and Ellen agree to meet the next day?
(a) The Botanical Gardens
(b) The Ritz
(c) The art museum in the park
(d) The train station
12. Who is Mr. Riviere?
(a) Newland's new law partner
(b) Newland's financial advisor
(c) May's tennis coach
(d) The messenger sent by the Count
13. How does Newland travel to his destination?
14. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
(a) Mrs. Mingott had a stroke
(b) The maid just quit
(c) She wants him to make dinner reservations
(d) She has broken her leg
15. What does Newland tell the Wellands he plans to do?
(a) Read a book
(b) Take tennis lessons
(c) Play croquet
(d) Drive out to look at a horse for sale
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do people point to as the reason for Ellen's improper behavior?
2. What does Newland tell Ellen?
3. What does Newland tell May to get her to leave with him during the opera?
4. Where does Newland go after Ellen leaves?
5. Why does Mrs. Mingott want Ellen to stay in New York?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)