|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
(d) The Bahamas
2. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
(a) The Beauforts' estate
(c) The Welland vacation home
(d) The Reggies' estate
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has mud on his shoes
(b) He has forgotten his calling cards
(c) He has come on the wrong day
(d) He sees Julius Beaufort
4. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Go to the theater
(b) Plan their honeymoon
(c) Take dancing lessons
(d) Take a walk in the park
5. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) They have a vineyard there
(b) They keep horses there
(c) They have an estate there
(d) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
6. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
(a) Mr. MacKenzie
(b) Mr. Beaufort
(c) Mr. Astor
(d) Mr. Welland
7. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) The Oak Room
(b) Ellen Olenska's house
(c) The opera
(d) His gentleman's club
8. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mrs. Archer
(c) Mrs. Welland
(d) Countess Olenska
9. What surprises Newland when he arrives at Ellen's the next evening?
(a) She already has guests
(b) She is in bed with a migraine
(c) The door is locked and the house is dark
(d) She has gone to the theater
10. For what does Newland push?
(a) A small wedding
(b) A month-long honeymoon
(c) An elopement
(d) A shorter betrothal
11. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
(a) Give him advice about Ellen
(b) Convince the Wellands to let Newland and May marry soon
(c) Convince the family to allow Ellen to divorce her husband
(d) Host a party for the Wellands
12. Who had sent the object in #79?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Count Oleska
(c) Newland Archer
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
13. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is paralyzed
(d) She is a hermit
14. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) Janey Welland
(d) May Welland
15. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Mrs. Mingott
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
3. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
4. What does the answer to #73 ask Newland?
5. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)