Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. In what city does the story take place?
New York City
3. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
4. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
6. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
Countess Ellen Olenska
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
1. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
Annual Beaufort Ball
2. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
Julius and Regina Beaufort
3. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
5. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
She is too obese
6. For what does Newland push?
This section contains 2,285 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)