Short Answer Questions Key
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. In what city does the story take place?
New York City
3. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
4. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
6. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
Countess Ellen Olenska
7. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
Annual Beaufort Ball
8. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
Julius and Regina Beaufort
9. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
This section contains 4,650 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)