|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland reason is the only way Ellen would return to her husband?
(a) If she felt tempted in any way by Newland
(b) If Newland and May were to separate
(c) If her husband came to get her himself
(d) If Ellen inherited Mrs. Mingot's fortune
2. What does Newland begin to tell May when they return home?
(a) That he needs to find a new doctor
(b) That they need to host a dinner for the Beauforts
(c) That she looks lovely in her new dress
(d) That he loves Ellen
3. What does Newland discover during the honeymoon?
(a) He is madly in love with his new wife
(b) He is disappointed in May
(c) He wants the marriage annulled
(d) He has to get used to being married
4. What is Ellen instructed to do?
(a) Meet with her minister
(b) Buy some new evening gowns
(c) Obtain theater tickets
(d) Return to New York within 24 hours
5. Where does Newland find Ellen?
(a) Mrs. Welland's house
(b) Mrs. van der Luyden's house
(c) Mrs. Beaufort's house
(d) Mrs. Carnegie's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
2. What does Newland tell May after the party?
3. Why is Newland excluded from many family conversations?
4. What does Mrs. Mingott ask of Newland?
5. What does Ellen ask of Newland?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)