|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces May that Newland wants to marry her?
(a) He gets down on one knee
(b) He tells her he will do anything she wants
(c) He denies any allegations
(d) He cries when she questions him
2. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She wants to proceed with the divorce
(b) She invites him to dinner
(c) She knew he would come
(d) She wants him to leave immediately
3. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
(a) Opening night of a new Broadway play
(b) How the rules of society have changed
(c) The stock market
(d) The opening of a new museum
4. Where has Ellen been living?
5. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
(a) Give him advice about Ellen
(b) Convince the family to allow Ellen to divorce her husband
(c) Convince the Wellands to let Newland and May marry soon
(d) Host a party for the Wellands
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
2. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
3. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
5. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 23?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)