|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She thinks he should not marry May
(b) She knows he is sending her the flowers
(c) She is in love with him
(d) She is reconciling with her husband
2. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Hispanic people
(b) Wealthy people
(c) Writers and artists
(d) Black people
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Christmas Bazaar
(b) Annual Beaufort Ball
(c) The Easter Parade
(d) The Nutcracker Ballet
4. In what city does the story take place?
(b) New York City
(c) New Orleans
5. How did Newland plan to inform May of his plan?
(a) Talk to her over dinner
(b) Send her a long letter
(c) Talk to her before going to bed
(d) Leave her a note
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Mingott send Newland to get?
2. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
3. Ellen did not announce her intention to return to Europe until ________________________.
4. How are May's dinner conversation skills?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)