|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen receive while in Washington?
(a) A birthday card
(b) A telegram
(c) Yellow roses
(d) A divorce decree
2. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Take a walk in the park
(b) Take dancing lessons
(c) Go to the theater
(d) Plan their honeymoon
3. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(b) New York
4. What is the event of the season?
(a) The van der Luyden's ball
(b) The Beaufort's ball
(c) Newland and May's wedding
(d) Elaine Astor's wedding
5. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
(b) Living in Europe for a couple years
(c) Getting May to agree to elope
(d) Moving to a smaller apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Newland plan to inform May of his plan?
2. What decision does Newland make?
3. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
4. Who does Mrs. Mingott send Newland to get?
5. Why is Newland excluded from many family conversations?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)