|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland understand after his conversation with Mrs. Mingott?
(a) He does not want to get that old
(b) He thinks she is losing her sanity
(c) He will be the main benefactor in her will
(d) He is purposely excluded from conversations about Ellen
2. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) In his office
(b) The Mingott family opera box
(c) At his desk at home
(d) At dinner with May
3. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He revises them to include May
(b) He decides to keep them
(c) He changes them to a new date
(d) He cancels them
4. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
(b) They have a vineyard there
(c) They have an estate there
(d) They keep horses there
5. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
(a) To provide the biggest house he can
(b) Make sure she cultivates her own opinions and expresses them
(c) To buy her a new wardrobe each season
(d) To expose her to more of the arts
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland ask Ellen?
2. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
4. What does Newland begin to tell May when they return home?
5. What does Newland tell May?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)