|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) The van der Luyden's country estate
(b) A resort area
(c) The Welland family estate
(d) Julius Beaufort's yacht
2. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) Ellen is the woman he would like to marry if it were possible
(b) May has broken the engagement
(c) May does not really like Ellen
(d) May wants to live in Florida
3. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) May Welland
(b) Janey Welland
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Ellen Olenska
4. With whom did Newland have an affair at one time?
(a) A married woman
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Christine Beaufort
5. Where does Newland find Ellen?
(a) Mrs. van der Luyden's house
(b) Mrs. Carnegie's house
(c) Mrs. Welland's house
(d) Mrs. Beaufort's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
3. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
4. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
5. Where does Newland go the next day?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)