|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(c) Henry van der Luyden
(d) Newland Archer
2. Who is a guest at Skuytercliff?
(d) Mrs. Mingott
3. What does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) That he divorce May
(b) That he help her get a divorce
(c) That they keep their relationship proper
(d) That he loan her some money
4. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mrs. Astor
(d) Mrs. Beaufort
5. What is the occasion of the first big event hosted at Newland and May's home?
(a) A birthday party for Mrs. Archer
(b) A bon voyage party for the Beauforts
(c) An anniversary party for the Wellands
(d) A going away party for Countess Olenska
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next evening?
2. Where do Newland and Ellen agree to meet the next day?
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
4. What is Ellen instructed to do?
5. For what does Newland push?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)