|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Countess Ellen Olenska
2. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(b) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(c) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(d) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
3. To what have Newland and May been invited?
(a) The races
(b) The theater
(c) The opera
(d) A dinner party
4. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Getting a divorce
(b) Buying a new wardrobe
(c) Purchasing a home
(d) Using her inheritance
5. What do Newland and Ellen agree to do?
(a) Never see each other again
(b) Reveal their deception to May
(c) Meet the day after next for a romantic encounter
(d) Run away to France together
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
2. Newland tells May that he will soon have to travel to ______________ for business.
3. What does Newland not understand about Ellen's behavior?
4. Who does Mr. Jackson insinuate has been supporting Ellen?
5. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)