|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Purchasing a home
(b) Getting a divorce
(c) Using her inheritance
(d) Buying a new wardrobe
2. How does Ellen react when Newland kisses her palm?
(a) She kisses his cheek
(b) She blushes
(c) She moves away
(d) She tells him to stop
3. What does Newland reason is the only way Ellen would return to her husband?
(a) If her husband came to get her himself
(b) If Newland and May were to separate
(c) If she felt tempted in any way by Newland
(d) If Ellen inherited Mrs. Mingot's fortune
4. Where does Newland go the next day?
5. What is the event of the season?
(a) The van der Luyden's ball
(b) Newland and May's wedding
(c) The Beaufort's ball
(d) Elaine Astor's wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Newland and Ellen talk?
2. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
3. What decision does Newland make?
4. What does Newland do when he sees that Ellen already has a visitor?
5. What does Newland tell May to get her to leave with him during the opera?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)