|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland pressure May to do?
(a) Convince her parents to let them marry soon
(b) Reduce the size of the wedding
(c) Elope as soon as possible
(d) Return to New York with him
2. Where does Newland go after Ellen leaves?
(a) The natural history museum
(b) The library
(c) The train station
(d) The matinee
3. Who does Newland see on his way out of Mrs. Mingott's house?
(a) Mrs. van der Luyden
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Regina Beaufort
4. Who is Mr. Riviere?
(a) May's tennis coach
(b) The messenger sent by the Count
(c) Newland's financial advisor
(d) Newland's new law partner
5. At whose home do Newland, May, Mrs. Archer, Janey and Mr. Jackson dine before going to the opera?
(a) The MacMillans' home
(b) The Carnegies' home
(c) The Beauforts' home
(d) The van der Luydens' home
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. How does Ellen react when Newland kisses her palm?
3. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. For what does Newland push?
5. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)