|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She thinks he should not marry May
(b) She is reconciling with her husband
(c) She knows he is sending her the flowers
(d) She is in love with him
2. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(b) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(c) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(d) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
3. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
(a) New York
(c) Boca Raton
4. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
(a) An art collection
(b) Her freedom
(c) Her jewels
(d) An estate
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) May Welland
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Janey Welland
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the answer to #73 ask Newland?
2. Who is Mr. Riviere?
3. To what do people point to as the reason for Ellen's improper behavior?
4. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 23?
5. Where does Newland find Ellen?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)