|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
(a) Mr. Welland
(b) Mr. Beaufort
(c) Mr. Astor
(d) Mr. MacKenzie
2. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He has a conflict of interest
(b) He is practically family
(c) His case load is too heavy
(d) He does not handle divorce cases
3. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
(a) Boca Raton
(b) The Keys
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Countess Olenska
5. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His club
(b) The opera
(c) The theater
(d) Ellen's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
2. What does Newland tell May?
3. What does Newland's frustration cause him to do?
4. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
5. What surprising news does May have for Newland?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)