|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
(a) Mr. MacKenzie
(b) Mr. Welland
(c) Mr. Astor
(d) Mr. Beaufort
2. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is an undesirable person
(b) She is a valuable fundraiser
(c) She is extremely beautiful
(d) She is a welcome change of pace
3. With whom did Newland have an affair at one time?
(a) Elaine van der Luyden
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) A married woman
(d) Christine Beaufort
4. Who does Newland run into when he returns to New York?
(a) Mr. van der Luyden
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) John D. Rockefeller
(d) Mr. Riviere
5. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will sit by her at dinner
(b) If his firm will handle her divorce
(c) If he will help her find a house
(d) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have the Wellands gone at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
3. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
4. For what does Newland push?
5. Where does Newland pick up Ellen?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)