|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May ask Newland?
(a) If there is another woman in the picture
(b) If she can get a different engagement ring
(c) If she can get some new clothes
(d) If they can change their honeymoon destination
2. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His club
(b) The opera
(c) Ellen's house
(d) The theater
3. In what city does the story take place?
(b) New Orleans
(d) New York City
4. Who is Mr. Riviere?
(a) The messenger sent by the Count
(b) Newland's financial advisor
(c) May's tennis coach
(d) Newland's new law partner
5. To what do people point to as the reason for Ellen's improper behavior?
(a) Not having her own personal fortune
(b) Having grown up an orphan
(c) Having lived in Europe for so long
(d) Not having gone to finishing school
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Newland and May go on their honeymoon trip?
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott want Ellen to stay in New York?
3. What does Newland discover during the honeymoon?
4. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
5. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)