|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland about their relationship?
(a) She wants to make her husband jealous
(b) She will not have an affair with him and hurt May
(c) She wants him no matter who gets hurt
(d) She is considering having an affair with him
2. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Elaine van der Luyden
(b) Janey Welland
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) May Welland
3. What does May ask Newland?
(a) If they can change their honeymoon destination
(b) If she can get a different engagement ring
(c) If there is another woman in the picture
(d) If she can get some new clothes
4. How does Ellen react when Newland kisses her palm?
(a) She blushes
(b) She kisses his cheek
(c) She tells him to stop
(d) She moves away
5. Who offers to pick Ellen up at the station?
(a) Mr. van der Luyden
(b) The butler
(d) Julius Beaufort
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland tell May after the party?
2. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
3. What does Newland send to Ellen?
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
5. What does Mr. Riviere tell Newland?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)