|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newland go after Ellen leaves?
(a) The matinee
(b) The natural history museum
(c) The library
(d) The train station
2. What does Newland reason is the only way Ellen would return to her husband?
(a) If she felt tempted in any way by Newland
(b) If Newland and May were to separate
(c) If Ellen inherited Mrs. Mingot's fortune
(d) If her husband came to get her himself
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has forgotten his calling cards
(b) He has mud on his shoes
(c) He has come on the wrong day
(d) He sees Julius Beaufort
4. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
(a) read some books
(b) think things over
(c) get a tan
(d) meditate and write
5. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What does Ellen's family now consider her?
3. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
4. What does Ellen tell Newland?
5. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)