|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Go to a museum
(b) Walk in the park
(c) Have lunch
(d) Go to a matinee
2. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
(a) Count Oleska
(b) The Astors
(c) Countess Oleska
(d) The van der Luydens
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) Her husband has offered her money to return
(b) She is in love with someone new
(c) Her husband wants a divorce immediately
(d) She is pregnant
4. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Reading a book
(b) Sitting in front of a fire
(c) Playing the piano
(d) Walking in the snow
5. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) The Wellands
(b) Elaine Astor
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Janey Archer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland tell May after the party?
2. Ellen's aunt tells her that someone has sent her ______________________.
3. What does Newland pressure May to do?
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
5. Where does Newland go the next evening?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)