|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose home do Newland, May, Mrs. Archer, Janey and Mr. Jackson dine before going to the opera?
(a) The Beauforts' home
(b) The van der Luydens' home
(c) The Carnegies' home
(d) The MacMillans' home
2. What does Newland tell the Wellands he plans to do?
(a) Read a book
(b) Take tennis lessons
(c) Drive out to look at a horse for sale
(d) Play croquet
3. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
(a) She is having her wedding dress custom designed
(b) She is inviting Ellen to the wedding
(c) She is still in Florida
(d) That May thinks Newland is in love with someone else
4. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She used to work in burlesque
(b) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She ran off with her husband's secretary
5. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
(a) The Beauforts' estate
(b) The Reggies' estate
(d) The Welland vacation home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott want Ellen to stay in New York?
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
4. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
5. What does Mr. Riviere tell Newland?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)