|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next day?
2. What does Newland tell May to get her to leave with him during the opera?
(a) He has an early morning tomorrow
(b) His stomach is upset
(c) He has a headache
(d) The music is too loud
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) May Welland
(b) The Duke of St. Austrey
(c) Regina Beaufort
(d) The maid
4. What does Ellen receive while in Washington?
(a) A divorce decree
(b) Yellow roses
(c) A telegram
(d) A birthday card
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She knows he is sending her the flowers
(b) She thinks he should not marry May
(c) She is reconciling with her husband
(d) She is in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
2. Why is Newland excluded from many family conversations?
3. Where have the Wellands gone at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. Ellen sends Newland a letter asking him _________________________________.
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)