|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She is ill
(b) She has another visitor
(c) She is out and will return soon
(d) She went to the theater
2. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Mr. Welland
(c) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Julius Beaufort
3. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) She will not get what she deserves
(b) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(c) Public accusations will ensue
(d) Her husband will never agree to it
4. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He has a conflict of interest
(b) He does not handle divorce cases
(c) His case load is too heavy
(d) He is practically family
5. Where do Newland and Ellen agree to meet the next day?
(a) The art museum in the park
(b) The train station
(c) The Ritz
(d) The Botanical Gardens
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland pressure May to do?
2. What does May suspect about Newland?
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
4. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
5. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)