|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
(a) New York
(d) Boca Raton
2. What does Newland discover during the honeymoon?
(a) He has to get used to being married
(b) He is disappointed in May
(c) He wants the marriage annulled
(d) He is madly in love with his new wife
3. What does Ellen promise Newland?
(a) She will not go back to her husband
(b) She will return to her husband
(c) She will not ask any more favors of Newland
(d) She will not say anything to May
4. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Moving to a smaller apartment
(b) Getting May to agree to elope
(c) Living in Europe for a couple years
(d) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
5. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
(a) Convince the Wellands to let Newland and May marry soon
(b) Host a party for the Wellands
(c) Convince the family to allow Ellen to divorce her husband
(d) Give him advice about Ellen
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the story take place?
2. Where does Newland go the next day?
3. What frustrates Newland about May?
4. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)