|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she thinks he is very handsome
(d) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
2. Newland tells May that he will soon have to travel to ______________ for business.
3. What does Newland tell May about his business trip?
(a) It has been postponed
(b) It has been cancelled
(c) He no longer wants to go
(d) He is no longer requried to attend
4. What frustrates Newland about May?
(a) She wants a bigger engagement ring
(b) She always relies on the opinions of her parents or him
(c) She has a grating laugh
(d) She bites her nails
5. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) May wants to live in Florida
(b) May has broken the engagement
(c) Ellen is the woman he would like to marry if it were possible
(d) May does not really like Ellen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
2. What is Skuytercliff?
3. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
4. What does Newland reason is the only way Ellen would return to her husband?
5. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)