|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
(a) They both enjoy French cuisine
(b) They have been miserable without each other
(c) They both love horse racing
(d) They both hate vacationing in Newport
2. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Purchasing a home
(b) Getting a divorce
(c) Using her inheritance
(d) Buying a new wardrobe
3. What surprises Newland when he arrives at Ellen's the next evening?
(a) She already has guests
(b) She has gone to the theater
(c) She is in bed with a migraine
(d) The door is locked and the house is dark
4. What does Newland pressure May to do?
(a) Reduce the size of the wedding
(b) Elope as soon as possible
(c) Return to New York with him
(d) Convince her parents to let them marry soon
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Elaine van der Luyden
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) May Welland
(d) Janey Welland
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
2. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
3. How does Newland travel to his destination?
4. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
5. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)