|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellen instructed to do?
(a) Obtain theater tickets
(b) Return to New York within 24 hours
(c) Buy some new evening gowns
(d) Meet with her minister
2. Where does Newland go after Ellen leaves?
(a) The library
(b) The matinee
(c) The train station
(d) The natural history museum
3. What does Newland ask Ellen?
(a) If she still wants to divorce her husband
(b) If she likes the roses he sends
(c) If he can see her the following night
(d) If she would like to go to dinner
4. Who does Mr. Jackson insinuate has been supporting Ellen?
(b) Mr. Welland
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She chews with her mouth open
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
2. Who does Newland visit when he returns to New York?
3. Who is Mr. Riviere?
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
5. How does Newland travel to his destination?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)