|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
(a) She has broken her leg
(b) She wants him to make dinner reservations
(c) Mrs. Mingott had a stroke
(d) The maid just quit
2. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(d) Henry van der Luyden
3. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) May does not really like Ellen
(b) May has broken the engagement
(c) Ellen is the woman he would like to marry if it were possible
(d) May wants to live in Florida
4. Who is Mr. Riviere?
(a) May's tennis coach
(b) Newland's new law partner
(c) The messenger sent by the Count
(d) Newland's financial advisor
5. What does Ellen promise Newland?
(a) She will not ask any more favors of Newland
(b) She will return to her husband
(c) She will not say anything to May
(d) She will not go back to her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next day?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. What does the answer to #73 ask Newland?
4. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What does Ellen ask of Newland?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)