|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is too obese
(b) She is a hermit
(c) She is blind
(d) She is paralyzed
2. What is Newland's decision about the horse?
(a) It is not what he was looking for
(b) He buys it on the spot
(c) He wants to get a second opinion before buying it
(d) He chooses another horse in the stable
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) The Oak Room
(b) The opera
(c) Ellen Olenska's house
(d) His gentleman's club
4. About what do Newland and Ellen talk?
(a) Newland's new horse
(b) Newland and May's wedding
(c) What has happened since they last met
(d) Mrs. Mingott's fortune
5. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Beauforts
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) The Astors
(d) Newland and May
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
2. What does Newland do when he sees that Ellen already has a visitor?
3. What does Newland tell May?
4. What does Newland do after breakfast?
5. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)