|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Jackson insinuate has been supporting Ellen?
(a) Mr. Welland
(c) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Julius Beaufort
2. What does Newland do when he sees that Ellen already has a visitor?
(a) Invites them to dinner
(b) Joins them for tea
(c) Leaves them alone
(d) Gives them a ride in his carriage
3. What does Newland tell May about his business trip?
(a) It has been postponed
(b) He no longer wants to go
(c) He is no longer requried to attend
(d) It has been cancelled
4. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Janey Archer
(c) The Wellands
(d) Elaine Astor
5. What is Mr. Riviere's belief about Ellen?
(a) She is a manipulative woman
(b) She is better off without her husband
(c) She is too naive to be married to the Count
(d) She should return to the Count right away
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland pressure May to do?
2. Who does Newland run into when he returns to New York?
3. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
4. What does Newland find when he reaches the house where Ellen is staying?
5. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)