|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(d) Ellen's husband had an affair
2. Who does Newland visit when he returns to New York?
(a) Mrs. van der Luyden
(b) Mrs. Beaufort
(c) Mrs. Mingott
(d) Mrs. Welland
3. What new game does May enjoy playing?
4. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Mrs. Archer
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Mingott
5. Ellen sends Newland a letter asking him _________________________________.
(a) to start the divorce proceedings
(b) to stop sending the flowers
(c) to visit her the following night
(d) to give her some advice on investments
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. What is Newland's decision about the horse?
4. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
5. Who does Newland see on his way out of Mrs. Mingott's house?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)