|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
(a) She is ready to elope at any time
(b) A long engagement is expected in their social class
(c) She is ready to call off the engagement
(d) She would also prefer a shorter engagement
2. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
(d) The Bahamas
3. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Go to a museum
(b) Go to a matinee
(c) Walk in the park
(d) Have lunch
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Mrs. van der Luyden
(b) Ellen's family
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Janey Archer
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(c) Ellen's husband had an affair
(d) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next day?
2. Where does Newland go the next evening?
3. What does the telegram say?
4. How does Newland travel to his destination?
5. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)