|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Buying a new wardrobe
(b) Purchasing a home
(c) Using her inheritance
(d) Getting a divorce
2. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
(b) Moving to a smaller apartment
(c) Living in Europe for a couple years
(d) Getting May to agree to elope
3. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is brilliant
(b) She is cunning and manipulative
(c) She is dull
(d) She is beautiful and innocent
4. In what city does the story take place?
(c) New York City
(d) New Orleans
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
2. What does Newland discover during the honeymoon?
3. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
4. What new game does May enjoy playing?
5. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)