|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen sends Newland a letter asking him _________________________________.
(a) to stop sending the flowers
(b) to give her some advice on investments
(c) to visit her the following night
(d) to start the divorce proceedings
2. In what city does the story take place?
(a) New York City
(d) New Orleans
3. What convinces May that Newland wants to marry her?
(a) He tells her he will do anything she wants
(b) He cries when she questions him
(c) He denies any allegations
(d) He gets down on one knee
4. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
(a) Red roses
(b) White roses
(c) Yellow roses
(d) Pink roses
5. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(c) Madame Butterfly
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen's aunt tells her that someone has sent her ______________________.
2. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
4. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
5. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)