|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May suspect about Newland?
(a) That he is having financial problems
(b) That he is gay
(c) That he is having second thoughts about marrying her
(d) That he is still in love with another woman
2. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Newland Archer
(c) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(d) Henry van der Luyden
3. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Take dancing lessons
(b) Go to the theater
(c) Plan their honeymoon
(d) Take a walk in the park
4. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Using her inheritance
(b) Purchasing a home
(c) Getting a divorce
(d) Buying a new wardrobe
5. In what city does the story take place?
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York City
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland find when he reaches the house where Ellen is staying?
2. What does Newland convince Ellen to do?
3. Where does Newland go the next day?
4. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
5. How are May's dinner conversation skills?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)