|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Elaine Astor
(c) The Wellands
(d) Janey Archer
2. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Count and Countess Olenska
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
3. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) Her husband will never agree to it
(b) She will not get what she deserves
(c) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(d) Public accusations will ensue
4. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He sends flowers to Ellen
(b) He helped Ellen find a house
(c) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
(d) He helped Ellen with her finances
5. Where does Newland go the next day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
3. What frustrates Newland about May?
4. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
5. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)