|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had an illegitimate child
(b) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(c) She used to work in burlesque
(d) She had a sexually transmitted disease
2. How are May's dinner conversation skills?
3. What does the answer to #73 ask Newland?
(a) Why he did not marry Ellen
(b) Where he and May will live
(c) Where he proposed to May
(d) What are his career goals
4. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is cunning and manipulative
(b) She is brilliant
(c) She is dull
(d) She is beautiful and innocent
5. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) The van der Luyden's country estate
(b) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(c) A resort area
(d) The Welland family estate
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
5. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)