|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the answer to #73 ask Newland?
(a) Where he and May will live
(b) Where he proposed to May
(c) Why he did not marry Ellen
(d) What are his career goals
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She drinks from the finger bowl
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
3. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) The Welland family estate
(b) A resort area
(c) The van der Luyden's country estate
(d) Julius Beaufort's yacht
4. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(b) Count and Countess Olenska
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
5. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
(a) They both love horse racing
(b) They have been miserable without each other
(c) They both enjoy French cuisine
(d) They both hate vacationing in Newport
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
3. On what issue does Newland press May?
4. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
5. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)