|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) Mr. Welland
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
2. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
3. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Ellen Olenska
4. About what do Newland and Ellen talk?
(a) Newland and May's wedding
(b) Newland's new horse
(c) Mrs. Mingott's fortune
(d) What has happened since they last met
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She invites him to dinner
(b) She knew he would come
(c) She wants to proceed with the divorce
(d) She wants him to leave immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
3. What is Newland's real plan?
4. What surprises Newland when he arrives at Ellen's the next evening?
5. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)