|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Newland's real plan?
(a) To buy a hostess gift for Mrs. Welland
(b) To arrange a surprise party for May
(c) To order a new wardrobe
(d) To find Ellen
2. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(b) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She used to work in burlesque
3. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is an undesirable person
(b) She is extremely beautiful
(c) She is a valuable fundraiser
(d) She is a welcome change of pace
4. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Moving to a smaller apartment
(b) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
(c) Living in Europe for a couple years
(d) Getting May to agree to elope
5. Who does Newland visit when he returns to New York?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Mrs. Mingott
(c) Mrs. Beaufort
(d) Mrs. van der Luyden
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland convince Ellen to do?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
5. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)