|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland do when he sees that Ellen already has a visitor?
(a) Joins them for tea
(b) Invites them to dinner
(c) Gives them a ride in his carriage
(d) Leaves them alone
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is paralyzed
(c) She is too obese
(d) She is a hermit
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband had an affair
(b) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(c) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(d) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
4. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
(b) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(c) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(d) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
5. Why does May not want to attend the event of #92?
(a) She cannot get used to the time change
(b) She does not know what to wear or what to say
(c) She is too tired
(d) She has a migraine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had sent the object in #79?
2. What does Newland convince Ellen to do?
3. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
4. What frustrates Newland about May?
5. What is Newland's decision about the horse?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)