|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Easter Parade
(b) The Christmas Bazaar
(c) Annual Beaufort Ball
(d) The Nutcracker Ballet
2. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
(a) Blue hydrangeas
(b) Yellow roses
(c) Pink carnations
(d) Purple hyacinths
3. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
(a) Give him advice about Ellen
(b) Host a party for the Wellands
(c) Convince the Wellands to let Newland and May marry soon
(d) Convince the family to allow Ellen to divorce her husband
4. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She wants him to leave immediately
(b) She invites him to dinner
(c) She wants to proceed with the divorce
(d) She knew he would come
5. What does Newland ask Ellen?
(a) If she likes the roses he sends
(b) If he can see her the following night
(c) If she would like to go to dinner
(d) If she still wants to divorce her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
4. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
5. What does Newland tell May?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)