|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Mrs. Welland
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(b) That she thinks he is very handsome
(c) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(d) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
3. What is Newland's real plan?
(a) To find Ellen
(b) To arrange a surprise party for May
(c) To order a new wardrobe
(d) To buy a hostess gift for Mrs. Welland
4. What does Newland pressure May to do?
(a) Return to New York with him
(b) Convince her parents to let them marry soon
(c) Reduce the size of the wedding
(d) Elope as soon as possible
5. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
(a) The van der Luydens
(b) Countess Oleska
(c) Count Oleska
(d) The Astors
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
2. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
3. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
4. Where do Newland and May go on their honeymoon trip?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)