|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) The van der Luyden's country estate
(b) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(c) A resort area
(d) The Welland family estate
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She chews with her mouth open
(b) She drinks from the finger bowl
(c) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
3. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
(a) Pink roses
(b) Yellow roses
(c) Red roses
(d) White roses
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Countess Olenska
5. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) His gentleman's club
(b) The Oak Room
(c) Ellen Olenska's house
(d) The opera
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
2. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
3. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
4. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
5. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)