|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is a hermit
(b) She is blind
(c) She is too obese
(d) She is paralyzed
2. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She is out and will return soon
(b) She went to the theater
(c) She has another visitor
(d) She is ill
3. With whom did Newland have an affair at one time?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) A married woman
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Christine Beaufort
4. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Purchasing a home
(b) Getting a divorce
(c) Using her inheritance
(d) Buying a new wardrobe
5. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(b) Lilies of the Valley
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
2. For what does Newland push?
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
4. What surprises Newland when he arrives at Ellen's the next evening?
5. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)