|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland pressure May to do?
(a) Return to New York with him
(b) Convince her parents to let them marry soon
(c) Elope as soon as possible
(d) Reduce the size of the wedding
2. In what decade does this story begin?
3. What does Newland send to Ellen?
(b) A note
(c) Pink roses
(d) Theater tickets
4. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Regina Beaufort
5. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had an illegitimate child
(b) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(c) She used to work in burlesque
(d) She had a sexually transmitted disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
2. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
3. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
4. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. For what does Newland push?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)