|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
(a) Convince the Wellands to let Newland and May marry soon
(b) Give him advice about Ellen
(c) Convince the family to allow Ellen to divorce her husband
(d) Host a party for the Wellands
2. How does May react to Newland's request?
(a) She is really happy
(b) She is depressed
(c) She is reluctant
(d) She is shocked
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(b) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(c) She chews with her mouth open
(d) She drinks from the finger bowl
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(b) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
5. What does Newland tell May?
(a) He found them a great apartment
(b) He is going out of town for a few days
(c) He has his wedding guest list finished
(d) He sent flowers to Ellen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
2. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
4. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)