|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland ask Ellen?
(a) If she would like to go to dinner
(b) If she still wants to divorce her husband
(c) If he can see her the following night
(d) If she likes the roses he sends
2. What does May ask Newland?
(a) If they can change their honeymoon destination
(b) If she can get a different engagement ring
(c) If there is another woman in the picture
(d) If she can get some new clothes
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will help her find a house
(b) If he will sit by her at dinner
(c) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(d) If his firm will handle her divorce
4. With whom did Newland have an affair at one time?
(a) Christine Beaufort
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) A married woman
(d) Ellen Olenska
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) May Welland
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) Janey Welland
(d) Elaine van der Luyden
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skuytercliff?
2. Who does Newland see on his way out of Mrs. Mingott's house?
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
4. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
5. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)