|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland send to Ellen?
(a) A note
(c) Theater tickets
(d) Pink roses
2. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(c) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(d) Ellen's husband had an affair
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will help her find a house
(b) If his firm will handle her divorce
(c) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(d) If he will sit by her at dinner
4. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tan and energetic
(b) Pale and older than her age
(c) Tired and drawn
(d) Much younger than she looked before
5. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) The Beauforts
(c) The Astors
(d) Newland and May
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Newland see on his way out of Mrs. Mingott's house?
2. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
3. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
4. Where does Newland go the next day?
5. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)