|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
(b) They have an estate there
(c) They have a vineyard there
(d) They keep horses there
2. Where does Newland go the next day?
3. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is too obese
(b) She is blind
(c) She is a hermit
(d) She is paralyzed
4. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tan and energetic
(b) Pale and older than her age
(c) Tired and drawn
(d) Much younger than she looked before
5. What surprises Newland when he arrives at Ellen's the next evening?
(a) She is in bed with a migraine
(b) The door is locked and the house is dark
(c) She already has guests
(d) She has gone to the theater
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
3. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
4. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
5. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)