|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Christmas Bazaar
(b) Annual Beaufort Ball
(c) The Easter Parade
(d) The Nutcracker Ballet
2. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She says she will hire a different attorney
(b) She storms out of the room
(c) She asks Newland to leave
(d) She abruptly agrees with him
3. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(b) She had an illegitimate child
(c) She used to work in burlesque
(d) She ran off with her husband's secretary
4. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
(a) A long engagement is expected in their social class
(b) She would also prefer a shorter engagement
(c) She is ready to elope at any time
(d) She is ready to call off the engagement
5. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) She will not get what she deserves
(b) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(c) Public accusations will ensue
(d) Her husband will never agree to it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
2. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
3. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
4. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
5. Where does Newland go the next evening?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)