|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she thinks he is very handsome
(d) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
2. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She went to the theater
(b) She is ill
(c) She is out and will return soon
(d) She has another visitor
3. What does Newland tell May?
(a) He sent flowers to Ellen
(b) He is going out of town for a few days
(c) He has his wedding guest list finished
(d) He found them a great apartment
4. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tan and energetic
(b) Tired and drawn
(c) Pale and older than her age
(d) Much younger than she looked before
5. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Take dancing lessons
(b) Go to the theater
(c) Plan their honeymoon
(d) Take a walk in the park
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland?
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
4. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
5. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)