|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(b) Her husband will never agree to it
(c) Public accusations will ensue
(d) She will not get what she deserves
2. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
(a) Convince the family to allow Ellen to divorce her husband
(b) Convince the Wellands to let Newland and May marry soon
(c) Give him advice about Ellen
(d) Host a party for the Wellands
3. With whom did Newland have an affair at one time?
(a) Christine Beaufort
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) A married woman
(d) Ellen Olenska
4. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had an illegitimate child
(b) She used to work in burlesque
(c) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(d) She ran off with her husband's secretary
5. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has come on the wrong day
(b) He has forgotten his calling cards
(c) He has mud on his shoes
(d) He sees Julius Beaufort
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May react to Newland's request?
2. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
3. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
4. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)