|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Regina Beaufort
2. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is cunning and manipulative
(b) She is beautiful and innocent
(c) She is dull
(d) She is brilliant
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She chews with her mouth open
4. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) They keep horses there
(b) They have an estate there
(c) They have a vineyard there
(d) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
5. For what does Newland push?
(a) A month-long honeymoon
(b) An elopement
(c) A shorter betrothal
(d) A small wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland ask Mrs. Mingott to do?
2. How does May react to Newland's request?
3. Who does Newland visit when he returns to New York?
4. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
5. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)