|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(c) Henry van der Luyden
(d) Janey Archer
2. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mrs. Mingott
(d) Mrs. Welland
3. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
(a) Pink carnations
(b) Blue hydrangeas
(c) Yellow roses
(d) Purple hyacinths
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) The Duke of St. Austrey
(b) The maid
(c) Regina Beaufort
(d) May Welland
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) The request should be cancelled
(b) They will not make any money on it
(c) It is a presitigious case
(d) They have a conflict of interest
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces May that Newland wants to marry her?
2. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
3. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)