|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the answer to #73 ask Newland?
(a) What are his career goals
(b) Why he did not marry Ellen
(c) Where he and May will live
(d) Where he proposed to May
2. In what decade does this story begin?
3. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(b) Newland Archer
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Henry van der Luyden
4. Where does Newland go the next day?
5. What does Newland tell May?
(a) He sent flowers to Ellen
(b) He has his wedding guest list finished
(c) He found them a great apartment
(d) He is going out of town for a few days
Short Answer Questions
1. On what issue does Newland press May?
2. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
3. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
4. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
5. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)