|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) Newland and May
(b) The Beauforts
(c) The Astors
(d) Countess Olenska
2. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(d) Lilies of the Valley
3. How does May react to Newland's request?
(a) She is depressed
(b) She is shocked
(c) She is really happy
(d) She is reluctant
4. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Plan their honeymoon
(b) Take a walk in the park
(c) Go to the theater
(d) Take dancing lessons
5. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He has a conflict of interest
(b) He is practically family
(c) His case load is too heavy
(d) He does not handle divorce cases
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
2. Who does Newland visit when he returns to New York?
3. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
4. What does May ask Newland?
5. What surprises Newland when he arrives at Ellen's the next evening?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)