|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Henry van der Luyden
(d) Newland Archer
2. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She asks Newland to leave
(b) She abruptly agrees with him
(c) She storms out of the room
(d) She says she will hire a different attorney
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She invites him to dinner
(b) She wants to proceed with the divorce
(c) She knew he would come
(d) She wants him to leave immediately
4. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has forgotten his calling cards
(b) He has mud on his shoes
(c) He sees Julius Beaufort
(d) He has come on the wrong day
5. Where does Newland go the next day?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland?
3. How does May react to Newland's request?
4. What is Skuytercliff?
5. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)