|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(b) Henry van der Luyden
(c) Newland Archer
(d) Janey Archer
2. Who does Newland visit when he returns to New York?
(a) Mrs. Mingott
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Mrs. van der Luyden
(d) Mrs. Beaufort
3. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She says she will hire a different attorney
(b) She abruptly agrees with him
(c) She storms out of the room
(d) She asks Newland to leave
4. What does Newland ask Ellen?
(a) If she still wants to divorce her husband
(b) If she likes the roses he sends
(c) If she would like to go to dinner
(d) If he can see her the following night
5. What does May suspect about Newland?
(a) That he is gay
(b) That he is still in love with another woman
(c) That he is having financial problems
(d) That he is having second thoughts about marrying her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
2. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
4. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
5. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)