|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tired and drawn
(b) Pale and older than her age
(c) Tan and energetic
(d) Much younger than she looked before
2. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He sees Julius Beaufort
(b) He has forgotten his calling cards
(c) He has mud on his shoes
(d) He has come on the wrong day
3. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
4. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Elaine van der Luyden
5. What frustrates Newland about May?
(a) She bites her nails
(b) She wants a bigger engagement ring
(c) She always relies on the opinions of her parents or him
(d) She has a grating laugh
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
3. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
4. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)