|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Newland have an affair at one time?
(a) Christine Beaufort
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) A married woman
2. What does Newland pressure May to do?
(a) Return to New York with him
(b) Elope as soon as possible
(c) Reduce the size of the wedding
(d) Convince her parents to let them marry soon
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She chews with her mouth open
(b) She drinks from the finger bowl
(c) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
4. Ellen sends Newland a letter asking him _________________________________.
(a) to visit her the following night
(b) to give her some advice on investments
(c) to stop sending the flowers
(d) to start the divorce proceedings
5. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He helped Ellen with her finances
(b) He helped Ellen find a house
(c) He sends flowers to Ellen
(d) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland send to Ellen?
2. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
3. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
4. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
5. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)