|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She has another visitor
(b) She is ill
(c) She is out and will return soon
(d) She went to the theater
2. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His club
(b) The theater
(c) The opera
(d) Ellen's house
3. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
(a) Mr. MacKenzie
(b) Mr. Beaufort
(c) Mr. Welland
(d) Mr. Astor
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) The maid
(b) Regina Beaufort
(c) May Welland
(d) The Duke of St. Austrey
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(c) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen sends Newland a letter asking him _________________________________.
2. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
3. What does May ask Newland?
4. What does Newland send to Ellen?
5. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)