|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrates Newland about May?
(a) She always relies on the opinions of her parents or him
(b) She bites her nails
(c) She has a grating laugh
(d) She wants a bigger engagement ring
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(b) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(c) She chews with her mouth open
(d) She drinks from the finger bowl
3. For what does Newland push?
(a) A small wedding
(b) An elopement
(c) A month-long honeymoon
(d) A shorter betrothal
4. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
(c) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she thinks he is very handsome
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(d) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
4. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
5. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)