|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She used to work in burlesque
(b) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She ran off with her husband's secretary
2. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Regina Beaufort
(d) Ellen Olenska
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) Ellen Olenska's house
(b) The Oak Room
(c) His gentleman's club
(d) The opera
4. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
(a) An estate
(b) Her freedom
(c) An art collection
(d) Her jewels
5. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Living in Europe for a couple years
(b) Moving to a smaller apartment
(c) Getting May to agree to elope
(d) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
2. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
3. Who is a guest at Skuytercliff?
4. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
5. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)