|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
(b) He helped Ellen find a house
(c) He helped Ellen with her finances
(d) He sends flowers to Ellen
2. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She storms out of the room
(b) She asks Newland to leave
(c) She abruptly agrees with him
(d) She says she will hire a different attorney
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will help her find a house
(b) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(c) If he will sit by her at dinner
(d) If his firm will handle her divorce
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Ellen's family
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Mrs. van der Luyden
5. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
(a) An art collection
(b) Her freedom
(c) Her jewels
(d) An estate
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
4. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
5. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)