|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She wants to proceed with the divorce
(b) She wants him to leave immediately
(c) She knew he would come
(d) She invites him to dinner
2. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Playing the piano
(b) Sitting in front of a fire
(c) Walking in the snow
(d) Reading a book
3. In what decade does this story begin?
4. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Beauforts
(b) Newland and May
(c) The Astors
(d) Countess Olenska
5. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
(a) Make sure she cultivates her own opinions and expresses them
(b) To expose her to more of the arts
(c) To provide the biggest house he can
(d) To buy her a new wardrobe each season
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
3. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
4. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
5. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)