|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Mrs. Welland
(d) Ellen Olenska
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
3. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is an undesirable person
(b) She is a valuable fundraiser
(c) She is a welcome change of pace
(d) She is extremely beautiful
4. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(a) Lilies of the Valley
5. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
(a) She is ready to call off the engagement
(b) She is ready to elope at any time
(c) A long engagement is expected in their social class
(d) She would also prefer a shorter engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
2. What frustrates Newland about May?
3. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
4. Where does Newland go the next day?
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)