|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) At dinner with May
(b) The Mingott family opera box
(c) In his office
(d) At his desk at home
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(b) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(c) That she thinks he is very handsome
(d) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Nutcracker Ballet
(b) Annual Beaufort Ball
(c) The Christmas Bazaar
(d) The Easter Parade
4. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Elaine van der Luyden
(b) May Welland
(c) Janey Welland
(d) Ellen Olenska
5. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Take a walk in the park
(b) Take dancing lessons
(c) Go to the theater
(d) Plan their honeymoon
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
3. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
5. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)