|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Regina Beaufort
2. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Mr. Welland
(c) Newland Archer
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
3. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
(a) Mr. Welland
(b) Mr. Astor
(c) Mr. Beaufort
(d) Mr. MacKenzie
4. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
(a) Pink roses
(b) Yellow roses
(c) Red roses
(d) White roses
5. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is a welcome change of pace
(b) She is an undesirable person
(c) She is extremely beautiful
(d) She is a valuable fundraiser
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the story take place?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
3. What does Newland send to Ellen?
4. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)