|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Newland and May
(c) The Astors
(d) The Beauforts
2. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has forgotten his calling cards
(b) He has mud on his shoes
(c) He sees Julius Beaufort
(d) He has come on the wrong day
3. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she thinks he is very handsome
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(d) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
4. Where does Newland go the next day?
5. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Mingott
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Archer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland?
2. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
3. Ellen sends Newland a letter asking him _________________________________.
4. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
5. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)