|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Walking in the snow
(b) Sitting in front of a fire
(c) Reading a book
(d) Playing the piano
2. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The opera
(b) The theater
(c) Ellen's house
(d) His club
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) Ellen Olenska's house
(b) His gentleman's club
(c) The opera
(d) The Oak Room
4. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
(a) She would also prefer a shorter engagement
(b) She is ready to elope at any time
(c) A long engagement is expected in their social class
(d) She is ready to call off the engagement
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She drinks from the finger bowl
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(d) She chews with her mouth open
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
2. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
3. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
4. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
5. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)