|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a guest at Skuytercliff?
(a) Mrs. Mingott
2. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has forgotten his calling cards
(b) He sees Julius Beaufort
(c) He has come on the wrong day
(d) He has mud on his shoes
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Beauforts
(b) The Astors
(c) Newland and May
(d) Countess Olenska
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will help her find a house
(b) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(c) If his firm will handle her divorce
(d) If he will sit by her at dinner
5. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Using her inheritance
(b) Getting a divorce
(c) Buying a new wardrobe
(d) Purchasing a home
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
3. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
4. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)