|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ellen when Newland finds her at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Reading a book
(b) Walking in the snow
(c) Playing the piano
(d) Sitting in front of a fire
2. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He is practically family
(b) His case load is too heavy
(c) He does not handle divorce cases
(d) He has a conflict of interest
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tan and energetic
(b) Tired and drawn
(c) Pale and older than her age
(d) Much younger than she looked before
4. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He sends flowers to Ellen
(b) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
(c) He helped Ellen find a house
(d) He helped Ellen with her finances
5. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If his firm will handle her divorce
(b) If he will sit by her at dinner
(c) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(d) If he will help her find a house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland?
3. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
4. Who is a guest at Skuytercliff?
5. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)