|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(b) Countess and Count Olenska
(c) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is a hermit
(b) She is blind
(c) She is too obese
(d) She is paralyzed
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) His gentleman's club
(b) The Oak Room
(c) Ellen Olenska's house
(d) The opera
4. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She wants him to leave immediately
(b) She invites him to dinner
(c) She knew he would come
(d) She wants to proceed with the divorce
5. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) Public accusations will ensue
(b) She will not get what she deserves
(c) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(d) Her husband will never agree to it
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next day?
2. What frustrates Newland about May?
3. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
4. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
5. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)