|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The Mingott family opera box
(b) At his desk at home
(c) In his office
(d) At dinner with May
2. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(a) Lilies of the Valley
3. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) May Welland
(c) Janey Welland
(d) Elaine van der Luyden
4. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) His gentleman's club
(b) The opera
(c) The Oak Room
(d) Ellen Olenska's house
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She knows he is sending her the flowers
(b) She is in love with him
(c) She thinks he should not marry May
(d) She is reconciling with her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
3. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
4. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
5. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)