|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Ellen's family
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Mrs. van der Luyden
2. Where does Newland go the next day?
3. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
(b) Moving to a smaller apartment
(c) Getting May to agree to elope
(d) Living in Europe for a couple years
4. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Pale and older than her age
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Much younger than she looked before
(d) Tired and drawn
5. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) The perfect arrangement
(b) A marriage of convenience
(c) A match made in heaven
(d) A life of passion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
2. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
4. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)