|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Janey Welland
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) May Welland
2. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
(d) The Bahamas
3. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Plan their honeymoon
(b) Take dancing lessons
(c) Take a walk in the park
(d) Go to the theater
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(b) Countess and Count Olenska
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
5. In what decade does this story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
3. Ellen sends Newland a letter asking him _________________________________.
4. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
5. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)