|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) The Astors
(c) The Beauforts
(d) Newland and May
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(c) Countess and Count Olenska
(d) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
3. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Black people
(b) Writers and artists
(c) Hispanic people
(d) Wealthy people
4. In what city does the story take place?
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York City
5. What frustrates Newland about May?
(a) She has a grating laugh
(b) She wants a bigger engagement ring
(c) She bites her nails
(d) She always relies on the opinions of her parents or him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next day?
2. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
4. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
5. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)