|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Elaine van der Luyden
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Regina Beaufort
2. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
(a) May Mingott
(b) Countess Ellen Olenska
(c) Ellen van der Luyden
(d) Janey Welland
3. What does Newland tell May?
(a) He found them a great apartment
(b) He has his wedding guest list finished
(c) He sent flowers to Ellen
(d) He is going out of town for a few days
4. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Annual Beaufort Ball
(b) The Christmas Bazaar
(c) The Easter Parade
(d) The Nutcracker Ballet
5. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
(a) To buy her a new wardrobe each season
(b) To expose her to more of the arts
(c) Make sure she cultivates her own opinions and expresses them
(d) To provide the biggest house he can
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
2. In what decade does this story begin?
3. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
4. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)