|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) Ellen Olenska's house
(b) His gentleman's club
(c) The Oak Room
(d) The opera
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is a hermit
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is paralyzed
(d) She is blind
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Nutcracker Ballet
(b) Annual Beaufort Ball
(c) The Easter Parade
(d) The Christmas Bazaar
4. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(d) Lilies of the Valley
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Mr. van der Luyden
(c) Mr. Welland
(d) Newland Archer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
2. What does Newland consider his job to be regarding May?
3. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
5. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)