|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) Ellen's family
(d) Mrs. van der Luyden
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
4. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Easter Parade
(b) The Nutcracker Ballet
(c) The Christmas Bazaar
(d) Annual Beaufort Ball
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) The request should be cancelled
(b) It is a presitigious case
(c) They have a conflict of interest
(d) They will not make any money on it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
2. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
3. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
4. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
5. What does Newland tell May?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)