|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) The Duke of St. Austrey
(c) May Welland
(d) The maid
2. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) A life of passion
(b) A marriage of convenience
(c) The perfect arrangement
(d) A match made in heaven
3. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She has decided to stay
(b) She is very opinionated
(c) She is in love with him
(d) She wants him to represent her
4. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is an undesirable person
(b) She is a welcome change of pace
(c) She is extremely beautiful
(d) She is a valuable fundraiser
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) May Welland
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Janey Welland
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
2. Where does Newland go the next evening?
3. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
5. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)