|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Nutcracker Ballet
(b) The Easter Parade
(c) Annual Beaufort Ball
(d) The Christmas Bazaar
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is paralyzed
(d) She is a hermit
3. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Living in Europe for a couple years
(b) Moving to a smaller apartment
(c) Getting May to agree to elope
(d) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
4. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is dull
(b) She is brilliant
(c) She is cunning and manipulative
(d) She is beautiful and innocent
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband had an affair
(d) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
2. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
4. In what decade does this story begin?
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)