|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Getting May to agree to elope
(b) Living in Europe for a couple years
(c) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
(d) Moving to a smaller apartment
2. For what does Newland push?
(a) A small wedding
(b) An elopement
(c) A month-long honeymoon
(d) A shorter betrothal
3. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is a welcome change of pace
(b) She is an undesirable person
(c) She is a valuable fundraiser
(d) She is extremely beautiful
4. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Take a walk in the park
(b) Go to the theater
(c) Plan their honeymoon
(d) Take dancing lessons
5. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will sit by her at dinner
(b) If his firm will handle her divorce
(c) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(d) If he will help her find a house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
2. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
3. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)