|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Ellen's family
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She chews with her mouth open
(b) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) The opera
(b) The Oak Room
(c) His gentleman's club
(d) Ellen Olenska's house
4. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(c) Madame Butterfly
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she thinks he is very handsome
(d) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
2. What frustrates Newland about May?
3. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
4. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
5. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)