|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He does not handle divorce cases
(b) His case load is too heavy
(c) He is practically family
(d) He has a conflict of interest
2. For what does Newland push?
(a) An elopement
(b) A month-long honeymoon
(c) A shorter betrothal
(d) A small wedding
3. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is dull
(b) She is cunning and manipulative
(c) She is beautiful and innocent
(d) She is brilliant
4. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) Ellen Olenska's house
(b) The opera
(c) The Oak Room
(d) His gentleman's club
5. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
(a) A long engagement is expected in their social class
(b) She is ready to call off the engagement
(c) She is ready to elope at any time
(d) She would also prefer a shorter engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
2. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
4. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
5. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)