|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) The perfect arrangement
(b) A marriage of convenience
(c) A life of passion
(d) A match made in heaven
2. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Countess Olenska
3. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) They have a conflict of interest
(b) They will not make any money on it
(c) The request should be cancelled
(d) It is a presitigious case
4. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Countess Ellen Olenska
(c) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(d) Mrs. Archer
5. What frustrates Newland about May?
(a) She has a grating laugh
(b) She wants a bigger engagement ring
(c) She bites her nails
(d) She always relies on the opinions of her parents or him
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
3. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
4. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)