|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Pale and older than her age
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Much younger than she looked before
(d) Tired and drawn
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is paralyzed
(b) She is a hermit
(c) She is blind
(d) She is too obese
3. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is a valuable fundraiser
(b) She is a welcome change of pace
(c) She is extremely beautiful
(d) She is an undesirable person
4. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Annual Beaufort Ball
(b) The Christmas Bazaar
(c) The Easter Parade
(d) The Nutcracker Ballet
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She drinks from the finger bowl
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. On what issue does Newland press May?
3. In what decade does this story begin?
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)