|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She chews with her mouth open
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is a hermit
(c) She is too obese
(d) She is paralyzed
3. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) A life of passion
(b) A match made in heaven
(c) The perfect arrangement
(d) A marriage of convenience
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Countess Olenska
5. For what does Newland push?
(a) A shorter betrothal
(b) A small wedding
(c) An elopement
(d) A month-long honeymoon
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
2. On what issue does Newland press May?
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
4. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)