|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(c) Lilies of the Valley
2. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
(b) Moving to a smaller apartment
(c) Living in Europe for a couple years
(d) Getting May to agree to elope
3. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(c) Madame Butterfly
4. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Wealthy people
(b) Black people
(c) Writers and artists
(d) Hispanic people
5. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Astors
(b) Newland and May
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) The Beauforts
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
2. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
4. What does Newland tell May?
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)