|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Newland push?
(a) A small wedding
(b) An elopement
(c) A month-long honeymoon
(d) A shorter betrothal
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Countess and Count Olenska
(c) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(d) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
3. On what issue does Newland press May?
(a) Moving to a smaller apartment
(b) Getting May to agree to elope
(c) Living in Europe for a couple years
(d) Getting her parents to agree to a shorter engagement
4. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
(a) Janey Welland
(b) Countess Ellen Olenska
(c) Ellen van der Luyden
(d) May Mingott
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(d) Ellen's husband had an affair
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
3. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
4. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)