|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tired and drawn
(b) Pale and older than her age
(c) Much younger than she looked before
(d) Tan and energetic
2. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Ellen's family
(d) Janey Archer
3. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Take dancing lessons
(b) Plan their honeymoon
(c) Take a walk in the park
(d) Go to the theater
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she thinks he is very handsome
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(d) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
5. What frustrates Newland about May?
(a) She wants a bigger engagement ring
(b) She has a grating laugh
(c) She always relies on the opinions of her parents or him
(d) She bites her nails
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
2. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
3. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
4. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
5. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)