|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) The perfect arrangement
(b) A marriage of convenience
(c) A life of passion
(d) A match made in heaven
2. What frustrates Newland about May?
(a) She has a grating laugh
(b) She always relies on the opinions of her parents or him
(c) She bites her nails
(d) She wants a bigger engagement ring
3. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She wants him to represent her
(b) She is in love with him
(c) She has decided to stay
(d) She is very opinionated
4. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is a hermit
(d) She is paralyzed
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she thinks he is very handsome
(b) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(c) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(d) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
2. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)