|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Take dancing lessons
(b) Go to the theater
(c) Plan their honeymoon
(d) Take a walk in the park
2. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Regina Beaufort
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Janey Archer
3. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is beautiful and innocent
(b) She is brilliant
(c) She is dull
(d) She is cunning and manipulative
4. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She wants him to represent her
(b) She is in love with him
(c) She has decided to stay
(d) She is very opinionated
5. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Easter Parade
(b) Annual Beaufort Ball
(c) The Nutcracker Ballet
(d) The Christmas Bazaar
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
2. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
4. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
5. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)