|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Newland push?
(a) An elopement
(b) A month-long honeymoon
(c) A small wedding
(d) A shorter betrothal
2. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
3. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) Regina Beaufort
(d) Ellen Olenska
4. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
(a) She is ready to elope at any time
(b) She would also prefer a shorter engagement
(c) A long engagement is expected in their social class
(d) She is ready to call off the engagement
5. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She is in love with him
(b) She has decided to stay
(c) She wants him to represent her
(d) She is very opinionated
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
2. Where does Newland go the next evening?
3. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
4. What does Newland tell May?
5. On what issue does Newland press May?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)