|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Mingott
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Mrs. Welland
2. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Mr. Welland
(b) Newland Archer
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
3. In what decade does this story begin?
4. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Hispanic people
(b) Black people
(c) Wealthy people
(d) Writers and artists
5. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is cunning and manipulative
(b) She is beautiful and innocent
(c) She is brilliant
(d) She is dull
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
4. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
5. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)