|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is dull
(b) She is beautiful and innocent
(c) She is brilliant
(d) She is cunning and manipulative
2. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(b) Madame Butterfly
3. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(c) Henry van der Luyden
(d) Janey Archer
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Mrs. Welland
5. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) The perfect arrangement
(b) A match made in heaven
(c) A life of passion
(d) A marriage of convenience
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
2. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
3. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
4. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
5. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)