|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
(d) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
2. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Christmas Bazaar
(b) The Easter Parade
(c) The Nutcracker Ballet
(d) Annual Beaufort Ball
3. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Getting a divorce
(b) Using her inheritance
(c) Buying a new wardrobe
(d) Purchasing a home
4. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) A marriage of convenience
(b) The perfect arrangement
(c) A match made in heaven
(d) A life of passion
5. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Pale and older than her age
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Much younger than she looked before
(d) Tired and drawn
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
4. Where does Newland go the next evening?
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)