|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) The maid
(c) May Welland
(d) The Duke of St. Austrey
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Countess and Count Olenska
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(d) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
3. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She is out and will return soon
(b) She has another visitor
(c) She went to the theater
(d) She is ill
4. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
(b) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Countess Olenska
5. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Hispanic people
(b) Black people
(c) Writers and artists
(d) Wealthy people
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
3. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
4. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
5. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)