|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Newland push?
(a) A shorter betrothal
(b) A month-long honeymoon
(c) An elopement
(d) A small wedding
2. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will sit by her at dinner
(b) If he will help her find a house
(c) If his firm will handle her divorce
(d) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
3. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Writers and artists
(b) Black people
(c) Wealthy people
(d) Hispanic people
4. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Janey Welland
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) May Welland
(d) Ellen Olenska
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She chews with her mouth open
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(d) She drinks from the finger bowl
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
2. In what city does the story take place?
3. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
4. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)