|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) Newland and May
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) The Astors
(d) The Beauforts
2. For what does Newland push?
(a) A shorter betrothal
(b) A month-long honeymoon
(c) A small wedding
(d) An elopement
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Christmas Bazaar
(b) The Easter Parade
(c) The Nutcracker Ballet
(d) Annual Beaufort Ball
4. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Ellen Olenska
5. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) A life of passion
(b) A match made in heaven
(c) The perfect arrangement
(d) A marriage of convenience
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
2. Where does Newland go the next evening?
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
5. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)