|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) May Welland
(b) Regina Beaufort
(c) The Duke of St. Austrey
(d) The maid
2. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She has decided to stay
(b) She is very opinionated
(c) She is in love with him
(d) She wants him to represent her
3. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) May Welland
(d) Janey Welland
4. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(b) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Countess Olenska
5. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Elaine van der Luyden
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
2. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
5. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)