|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is a hermit
(d) She is paralyzed
2. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Using her inheritance
(b) Getting a divorce
(c) Buying a new wardrobe
(d) Purchasing a home
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(b) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(c) Countess and Count Olenska
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will sit by her at dinner
(b) If his firm will handle her divorce
(c) If he will help her find a house
(d) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she thinks he is very handsome
(d) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
2. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
3. In what decade does this story begin?
4. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
5. In what city does the story take place?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)