|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
(a) The perfect arrangement
(b) A match made in heaven
(c) A marriage of convenience
(d) A life of passion
2. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(b) Madame Butterfly
3. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) May Welland
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Janey Welland
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(b) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
5. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(d) Henry van der Luyden
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
2. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
3. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
5. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)