|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Purchasing a home
(b) Buying a new wardrobe
(c) Using her inheritance
(d) Getting a divorce
2. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is beautiful and innocent
(b) She is dull
(c) She is cunning and manipulative
(d) She is brilliant
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(b) If he will sit by her at dinner
(c) If his firm will handle her divorce
(d) If he will help her find a house
4. In what decade does this story begin?
5. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is paralyzed
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is a hermit
(d) She is blind
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Newland push?
2. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
3. In what city does the story take place?
4. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
5. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)