|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(c) Countess Ellen Olenska
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
2. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Janey Welland
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) May Welland
(d) Elaine van der Luyden
3. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Using her inheritance
(b) Getting a divorce
(c) Buying a new wardrobe
(d) Purchasing a home
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Countess and Count Olenska
(d) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
5. For what does Newland push?
(a) A shorter betrothal
(b) An elopement
(c) A small wedding
(d) A month-long honeymoon
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
3. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
5. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)