|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Elaine van der Luyden
2. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Hispanic people
(b) Wealthy people
(c) Black people
(d) Writers and artists
3. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(c) Henry van der Luyden
(d) Janey Archer
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Archer
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(b) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(c) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(d) That she thinks he is very handsome
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. Where does Newland go the next evening?
3. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
4. What does Newland consider his marriage to May to be?
5. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)