|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Henry van der Luyden
(c) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(d) Newland Archer
2. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is a welcome change of pace
(b) She is an undesirable person
(c) She is extremely beautiful
(d) She is a valuable fundraiser
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) May Welland
(c) The Duke of St. Austrey
(d) The maid
4. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(d) Madame Butterfly
5. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is beautiful and innocent
(b) She is brilliant
(c) She is dull
(d) She is cunning and manipulative
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
2. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
5. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)