|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Beauforts
(b) The Astors
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Newland and May
2. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is beautiful and innocent
(b) She is dull
(c) She is cunning and manipulative
(d) She is brilliant
3. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
(a) Janey Welland
(b) Countess Ellen Olenska
(c) Ellen van der Luyden
(d) May Mingott
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(b) Countess and Count Olenska
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
5. In what city does the story take place?
(b) New York City
(c) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does this story begin?
2. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
4. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)