|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(b) Madame Butterfly
2. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is a welcome change of pace
(b) She is a valuable fundraiser
(c) She is an undesirable person
(d) She is extremely beautiful
3. Of what action of Ellen's does Newland approve?
(a) Getting a divorce
(b) Using her inheritance
(c) Buying a new wardrobe
(d) Purchasing a home
4. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
(a) Ellen van der Luyden
(b) May Mingott
(c) Countess Ellen Olenska
(d) Janey Welland
5. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She wants him to represent her
(b) She has decided to stay
(c) She is very opinionated
(d) She is in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
2. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
4. In what city does the story take place?
5. In what decade does this story begin?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)