|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(c) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
2. In what city does the story take place?
(a) New Orleans
(b) New York City
3. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Elaine van der Luyden
(c) Janey Welland
(d) May Welland
4. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is a hermit
(c) She is paralyzed
(d) She is too obese
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(b) She drinks from the finger bowl
(c) She chews with her mouth open
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
3. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
4. For what does Newland push?
5. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)