Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland think of his fiancee, May Welland?
(a) She is cunning and manipulative
(b) She is beautiful and innocent
(c) She is dull
(d) She is brilliant
2. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
(a) think things over
(b) get a tan
(c) read some books
(d) meditate and write
3. What is Mr. Riviere's belief about Ellen?
(a) She is too naive to be married to the Count
(b) She is better off without her husband
(c) She is a manipulative woman
(d) She should return to the Count right away
4. Who is Newland Archer's fiancee?
(a) May Welland
(b) Janey Welland
(c) Elaine van der Luyden
(d) Ellen Olenska
5. What does Newland do when he sees that Ellen already has a visitor?
(a) Invites them to dinner
(b) Joins them for tea
(c) Gives them a ride in his carriage
(d) Leaves them alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland?
2. What does Ellen's family now consider her?
3. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
4. What does Newland ask Ellen?
5. What does Newland pressure May to do?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)