|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
(a) Mr. Stillerton Jackson
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
2. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He helped Ellen with her finances
(b) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
(c) He helped Ellen find a house
(d) He sends flowers to Ellen
3. What does Newland tell the Wellands he plans to do?
(a) Play croquet
(b) Take tennis lessons
(c) Read a book
(d) Drive out to look at a horse for sale
4. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Henry van der Luyden
(d) Mrs. Manson Mingott
5. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
(a) The Bahamas
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
2. What does Ellen ask of Newland?
3. How does Newland travel to his destination?
4. Who does Newland discover is visiting Ellen?
5. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)