|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which controversial Mingott family member arrives at the opera?
(a) Janey Welland
(b) Countess Ellen Olenska
(c) Ellen van der Luyden
(d) May Mingott
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She chews with her mouth open
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
3. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(b) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She used to work in burlesque
4. In what city does the story take place?
(b) New York City
(d) New Orleans
5. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If his firm will handle her divorce
(b) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(c) If he will help her find a house
(d) If he will sit by her at dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
3. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
4. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)