Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character who arrives late at the opera?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(c) Newland Archer
(d) Henry van der Luyden
2. What is the general consensus about Countess Olenska?
(a) She is extremely beautiful
(b) She is a valuable fundraiser
(c) She is an undesirable person
(d) She is a welcome change of pace
3. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She is very opinionated
(b) She wants him to represent her
(c) She is in love with him
(d) She has decided to stay
4. In what decade does this story begin?
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband had an affair
(b) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(c) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(d) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dines at the Archer household the night after the ball?
2. What is May's position on the length of their engagement?
3. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
4. Who occupies Newland's thoughts these days?
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)