Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opera being produced as the story begins?
(d) Madame Butterfly
2. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Welland
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(c) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
4. In what decade does this story begin?
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She drinks from the finger bowl
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(d) She chews with her mouth open
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
4. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
5. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)