|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen promise Newland?
(a) She will not say anything to May
(b) She will not ask any more favors of Newland
(c) She will not go back to her husband
(d) She will return to her husband
2. How does May react to Newland's request?
(a) She is really happy
(b) She is shocked
(c) She is depressed
(d) She is reluctant
3. What does Newland do after breakfast?
(a) Sends a note to Ellen at her hotel
(b) Orders some new suits
(c) Buys a gift for May
(d) Does some sightseeing
4. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
(a) The opening of a new museum
(b) Opening night of a new Broadway play
(c) How the rules of society have changed
(d) The stock market
5. How does Ellen react when Newland kisses her palm?
(a) She moves away
(b) She tells him to stop
(c) She kisses his cheek
(d) She blushes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
2. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
3. Who is having dinner with Mrs. Archer, Janey, Newland and May?
4. With whom did Newland have an affair at one time?
5. Where will Ellen's train arrive?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)