|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) The Oak Room
(b) The opera
(c) Ellen Olenska's house
(d) His gentleman's club
2. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(b) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(c) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(d) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
3. Ellen's aunt tells her that someone has sent her ______________________.
(a) a bouquet
(b) a necklace
(c) a new hat
(d) theater tickets
4. What does Newland convince Ellen to do?
(a) Return to her husband
(b) Say she will marry him someday
(c) Spend the day with him
(d) Proceed with the divorce
5. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
2. What is Ellen instructed to do?
3. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
4. What does May ask Newland?
5. What convinces May that Newland wants to marry her?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)