|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
(a) They both hate vacationing in Newport
(b) They both love horse racing
(c) They both enjoy French cuisine
(d) They have been miserable without each other
2. Who does Mr. Jackson insinuate has been supporting Ellen?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Mr. van der Luyden
(c) Mr. Welland
3. What is the event of the season?
(a) The van der Luyden's ball
(b) The Beaufort's ball
(c) Elaine Astor's wedding
(d) Newland and May's wedding
4. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
(b) They keep horses there
(c) They have a vineyard there
(d) They have an estate there
5. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
(a) The Bahamas
(d) Boco Raton
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a guest at Skuytercliff?
2. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
3. About what do Newland and Ellen talk?
4. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
5. Where has Ellen been living?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)