|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) May Welland
(b) Regina Beaufort
(c) The maid
(d) The Duke of St. Austrey
2. Who does Mr. Jackson insinuate has been supporting Ellen?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Mr. Welland
3. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He helped Ellen with her finances
(b) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
(c) He sends flowers to Ellen
(d) He helped Ellen find a house
4. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
(b) Boca Raton
(c) The Keys
5. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) Elaine Astor
(b) Janey Archer
(c) The Wellands
(d) Ellen Olenska
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 23?
2. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
3. What does Newland tell Ellen?
4. What does May ask Newland?
5. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)