|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the event of the season?
(a) The Beaufort's ball
(b) The van der Luyden's ball
(c) Elaine Astor's wedding
(d) Newland and May's wedding
2. Newland tells May that he will soon have to travel to ______________ for business.
3. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) At his desk at home
(b) At dinner with May
(c) The Mingott family opera box
(d) In his office
4. What does Ellen receive while in Washington?
(a) Yellow roses
(b) A birthday card
(c) A telegram
(d) A divorce decree
5. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) The van der Luyden's country estate
(b) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(c) The Welland family estate
(d) A resort area
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
2. What is Newland's response to Ellen's statement about their relationship?
3. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
4. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
5. What does Ellen promise Newland?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)