|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
(b) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(c) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(d) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
2. What does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) He has started her divorce proceedings
(b) He has bought another horse
(c) He is leaving May
(d) He had made plans to travel to Washington to see her
3. What is Ellen instructed to do?
(a) Obtain theater tickets
(b) Meet with her minister
(c) Buy some new evening gowns
(d) Return to New York within 24 hours
4. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) Her husband wants a divorce immediately
(b) She is pregnant
(c) Her husband has offered her money to return
(d) She is in love with someone new
5. What does Newland's frustration cause him to do?
(a) Begs Ellen to change her mind
(b) Slaps Ellen across the cheek
(c) Begins to cry uncontrollably
(d) Stops the carriage and gets out in the snow
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the event of the season?
2. Where will Ellen's train arrive?
3. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
4. What does Ellen promise Newland?
5. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)