|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(d) Ellen's husband had an affair
2. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Nutcracker Ballet
(b) Annual Beaufort Ball
(c) The Christmas Bazaar
(d) The Easter Parade
3. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) The Welland family estate
(b) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(c) The van der Luyden's country estate
(d) A resort area
4. Who is it rumored will soon lose all his money?
(a) John D. Rockefeller
(b) Andrew Carnegie
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
5. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tired and drawn
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Pale and older than her age
(d) Much younger than she looked before
Short Answer Questions
1. What new game does May enjoy playing?
2. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
4. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
5. Who offers to pick Ellen up at the station?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)