|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland convince Ellen to do?
(a) Return to her husband
(b) Spend the day with him
(c) Proceed with the divorce
(d) Say she will marry him someday
2. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
(b) They have an estate there
(c) They keep horses there
(d) They have a vineyard there
3. What does Newland do after breakfast?
(a) Sends a note to Ellen at her hotel
(b) Orders some new suits
(c) Buys a gift for May
(d) Does some sightseeing
4. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) Elaine Astor
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) Janey Archer
(d) The Wellands
5. What does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) That he divorce May
(b) That they keep their relationship proper
(c) That he loan her some money
(d) That he help her get a divorce
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
2. What does Newland tell May about his business trip?
3. Newland tells May that he will soon have to travel to ______________ for business.
4. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
5. What does the telegram say?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)