|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Count and Countess Olenska
(b) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
2. Who is having dinner with Mrs. Archer, Janey, Newland and May?
(a) Mr. Jackson
(b) Countess Oleska
(c) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Julius Beaufort
3. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
4. Why does Ellen not pursue a relationship with Newland?
(a) She does not want to hurt May
(b) She does not want to leave her husband
(c) She is returning to Europe
(d) She is in love with someone else
5. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) Regina Beaufort
(d) Mrs. Welland
Short Answer Questions
1. What mutual confession do Newland and Ellen make?
2. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
3. Where has Ellen been living?
4. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
5. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)