|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the event of the season?
(a) Newland and May's wedding
(b) Elaine Astor's wedding
(c) The Beaufort's ball
(d) The van der Luyden's ball
2. Where will Ellen's train arrive?
(d) Jersey City
3. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
(a) Countess Oleska
(b) The Astors
(c) The van der Luydens
(d) Count Oleska
4. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
(a) She is inviting Ellen to the wedding
(b) She is still in Florida
(c) That May thinks Newland is in love with someone else
(d) She is having her wedding dress custom designed
5. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tired and drawn
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Much younger than she looked before
(d) Pale and older than her age
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
2. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
3. What does Newland pressure May to do?
4. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
5. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)