|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland pressure May to do?
(a) Reduce the size of the wedding
(b) Return to New York with him
(c) Elope as soon as possible
(d) Convince her parents to let them marry soon
2. Who had sent the object in #79?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Count Oleska
3. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
(b) Boco Raton
(d) The Bahamas
4. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Wealthy people
(b) Hispanic people
(c) Writers and artists
(d) Black people
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is in love with someone new
(c) Her husband wants a divorce immediately
(d) Her husband has offered her money to return
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
2. What is Skuytercliff?
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
5. What convinces May that Newland wants to marry her?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)