|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Newland push?
(a) A small wedding
(b) A month-long honeymoon
(c) An elopement
(d) A shorter betrothal
2. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
(b) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(c) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(d) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
3. What is Newland's response to Ellen's statement about their relationship?
(a) He wants to go far away so they can be together
(b) He cannot understand why she feels the way she does
(c) He understands but is heartbroken
(d) He is instantly angry
4. Where will Ellen's train arrive?
(a) Jersey City
5. What is the topic of conversation at dinner?
(a) Opening night of a new Broadway play
(b) The stock market
(c) The opening of a new museum
(d) How the rules of society have changed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen receive while in Washington?
2. What does Ellen's family now consider her?
3. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
4. What does Newland convince Ellen to do?
5. What do Newland and May do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)