|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) Newland and May
(b) The Astors
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) The Beauforts
2. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Regina Beaufort
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Christmas Bazaar
(b) The Nutcracker Ballet
(c) The Easter Parade
(d) Annual Beaufort Ball
4. For what does Newland push?
(a) An elopement
(b) A small wedding
(c) A month-long honeymoon
(d) A shorter betrothal
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) It is a presitigious case
(b) The request should be cancelled
(c) They will not make any money on it
(d) They have a conflict of interest
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
5. Where does Newland go the next evening?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)