|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Newland and May
(c) The Beauforts
(d) The Astors
2. For what does Newland push?
(a) An elopement
(b) A small wedding
(c) A shorter betrothal
(d) A month-long honeymoon
3. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He does not handle divorce cases
(b) He is practically family
(c) He has a conflict of interest
(d) His case load is too heavy
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Ellen's family
5. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
(a) Purple hyacinths
(b) Yellow roses
(c) Blue hydrangeas
(d) Pink carnations
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
2. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
4. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
5. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)