|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Writers and artists
(b) Black people
(c) Hispanic people
(d) Wealthy people
2. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Pale and older than her age
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Much younger than she looked before
(d) Tired and drawn
3. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is paralyzed
(b) She is blind
(c) She is a hermit
(d) She is too obese
4. For what does Newland push?
(a) A month-long honeymoon
(b) A shorter betrothal
(c) An elopement
(d) A small wedding
5. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She is in love with him
(b) She wants him to represent her
(c) She is very opinionated
(d) She has decided to stay
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
2. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
5. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)