|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
(c) The Bahamas
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is too obese
(b) She is paralyzed
(c) She is blind
(d) She is a hermit
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tired and drawn
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Pale and older than her age
(d) Much younger than she looked before
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Ellen's family
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Mrs. van der Luyden
5. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(b) Lilies of the Valley
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
3. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
5. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)