|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) Ellen Olenska's house
(b) His gentleman's club
(c) The Oak Room
(d) The opera
2. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Regina Beaufort
(d) Janey Archer
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Countess and Count Olenska
(d) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
4. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband had an affair
(c) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(d) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
5. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will sit by her at dinner
(b) If his firm will handle her divorce
(c) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(d) If he will help her find a house
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
2. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
5. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)