|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She thinks he should not marry May
(b) She is in love with him
(c) She knows he is sending her the flowers
(d) She is reconciling with her husband
2. For what does Newland push?
(a) A small wedding
(b) An elopement
(c) A month-long honeymoon
(d) A shorter betrothal
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(d) Ellen's husband had an affair
4. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) His case load is too heavy
(b) He has a conflict of interest
(c) He is practically family
(d) He does not handle divorce cases
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) It is a presitigious case
(b) The request should be cancelled
(c) They have a conflict of interest
(d) They will not make any money on it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
2. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
4. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
5. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)