|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Welland
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
3. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(c) Lilies of the Valley
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(d) That she thinks he is very handsome
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Newland Archer
(b) Mr. Welland
(c) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Julius Beaufort
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
2. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
4. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)