|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She went to the theater
(b) She is ill
(c) She has another visitor
(d) She is out and will return soon
2. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) At dinner with May
(b) At his desk at home
(c) In his office
(d) The Mingott family opera box
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) The opera
(b) The Oak Room
(c) His gentleman's club
(d) Ellen Olenska's house
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) The Duke of St. Austrey
(b) May Welland
(c) The maid
(d) Regina Beaufort
5. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) Mrs. van der Luyden
(d) Ellen's family
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
2. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
3. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
4. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
5. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)