|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Ellen's family
(c) Mrs. van der Luyden
(d) Julius Beaufort
2. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Writers and artists
(b) Black people
(c) Wealthy people
(d) Hispanic people
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) His gentleman's club
(b) Ellen Olenska's house
(c) The opera
(d) The Oak Room
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(b) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(c) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(d) That she thinks he is very handsome
5. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Countess Ellen Olenska
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)