|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Newland push?
(a) A shorter betrothal
(b) An elopement
(c) A month-long honeymoon
(d) A small wedding
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is paralyzed
(b) She is blind
(c) She is a hermit
(d) She is too obese
3. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
(c) Lilies of the Valley
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she thinks he is very handsome
(b) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(c) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(d) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
5. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Regina Beaufort
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
2. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
3. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
4. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
5. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)