|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Black people
(b) Writers and artists
(c) Wealthy people
(d) Hispanic people
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(d) She drinks from the finger bowl
3. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) In his office
(b) The Mingott family opera box
(c) At his desk at home
(d) At dinner with May
4. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is paralyzed
(b) She is a hermit
(c) She is blind
(d) She is too obese
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(b) Ellen's husband had an affair
(c) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(d) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
2. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
3. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
4. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)