|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Pale and older than her age
(b) Much younger than she looked before
(c) Tan and energetic
(d) Tired and drawn
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Countess and Count Olenska
(b) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
3. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) At dinner with May
(b) At his desk at home
(c) The Mingott family opera box
(d) In his office
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(b) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(c) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(d) That she thinks he is very handsome
5. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) They have an estate there
(b) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
(c) They keep horses there
(d) They have a vineyard there
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
3. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
4. For what does Newland push?
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)