|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Newland Archer
(c) Mr. Welland
(d) Mr. van der Luyden
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She drinks from the finger bowl
(c) She chews with her mouth open
(d) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
3. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) At dinner with May
(b) The Mingott family opera box
(c) In his office
(d) At his desk at home
4. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) They have a vineyard there
(b) They have an estate there
(c) They keep horses there
(d) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) May Welland
(b) The Duke of St. Austrey
(c) The maid
(d) Regina Beaufort
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
4. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
5. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)