|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Beauforts
(b) The Astors
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Newland and May
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) May Welland
(b) The Duke of St. Austrey
(c) The maid
(d) Regina Beaufort
3. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She is ill
(b) She has another visitor
(c) She went to the theater
(d) She is out and will return soon
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She chews with her mouth open
(d) She drinks from the finger bowl
5. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Mrs. Mingott
(d) Mrs. Archer
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
2. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
3. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
4. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)