|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
(a) The maid
(b) Regina Beaufort
(c) May Welland
(d) The Duke of St. Austrey
2. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Christmas Bazaar
(b) The Easter Parade
(c) The Nutcracker Ballet
(d) Annual Beaufort Ball
3. For what does Newland push?
(a) An elopement
(b) A month-long honeymoon
(c) A shorter betrothal
(d) A small wedding
4. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(b) Ellen's husband had an affair
(c) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(d) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
5. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is blind
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is paralyzed
(d) She is a hermit
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
2. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
4. What does Ellen tell Newland?
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)