|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mrs. Archer
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Welland
2. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
(a) Blue hydrangeas
(b) Yellow roses
(c) Purple hyacinths
(d) Pink carnations
3. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
(b) That she thinks he is very handsome
(c) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(d) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
4. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
(a) Wealthy people
(b) Black people
(c) Writers and artists
(d) Hispanic people
5. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He is practically family
(b) He does not handle divorce cases
(c) He has a conflict of interest
(d) His case load is too heavy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland?
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
3. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
4. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
5. For what does Newland push?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)