|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Countess Ellen Olenska
(b) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
2. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Tan and energetic
(b) Pale and older than her age
(c) Tired and drawn
(d) Much younger than she looked before
3. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Mingott
4. For what does Newland push?
(a) An elopement
(b) A small wedding
(c) A shorter betrothal
(d) A month-long honeymoon
5. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
(a) She is paralyzed
(b) She is too obese
(c) She is a hermit
(d) She is blind
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
2. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
3. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
4. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
5. Where does Newland go the next evening?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)