|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Mrs. Archer
(c) Mrs. Manson Mingott
(d) Countess Ellen Olenska
2. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She knows he is sending her the flowers
(b) She thinks he should not marry May
(c) She is in love with him
(d) She is reconciling with her husband
3. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) Ellen Olenska's house
(b) The Oak Room
(c) His gentleman's club
(d) The opera
4. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) It is a presitigious case
(b) They have a conflict of interest
(c) They will not make any money on it
(d) The request should be cancelled
5. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He helped Ellen find a house
(b) He helped Ellen with her finances
(c) He sends flowers to Ellen
(d) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
2. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
4. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Newland and Ellen?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)