|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
(a) Purple hyacinths
(b) Pink carnations
(c) Yellow roses
(d) Blue hydrangeas
2. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) They have an estate there
(b) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
(c) They have a vineyard there
(d) They keep horses there
3. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
(a) She has another visitor
(b) She is ill
(c) She went to the theater
(d) She is out and will return soon
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(b) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(c) She chews with her mouth open
(d) She drinks from the finger bowl
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Mr. Welland
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Newland Archer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
2. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
5. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)