|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ellen's family pleased with Newland?
(a) He has convinced Ellen to drop the divorce
(b) He helped Ellen find a house
(c) He helped Ellen with her finances
(d) He sends flowers to Ellen
2. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
(b) The Bahamas
3. For what does Newland push?
(a) A shorter betrothal
(b) An elopement
(c) A month-long honeymoon
(d) A small wedding
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Countess and Count Olenska
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(d) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
5. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
(a) She has decided to stay
(b) She is in love with him
(c) She wants him to represent her
(d) She is very opinionated
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
2. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
3. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
5. What is Newland told when he arrives at Ellen's house?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)