|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will sit by her at dinner
(b) If he will help her find a house
(c) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(d) If his firm will handle her divorce
2. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Ellen's family
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Mrs. van der Luyden
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(d) Ellen's husband had an affair
4. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) At dinner with May
(b) In his office
(c) The Mingott family opera box
(d) At his desk at home
5. What does Ellen tell Newland?
(a) She is reconciling with her husband
(b) She knows he is sending her the flowers
(c) She is in love with him
(d) She thinks he should not marry May
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mingott not leave her house?
2. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
3. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
4. What is Newland pleasantly surprised to find out about Ellen?
5. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)