|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Wellands go on their annual vacation?
(b) The Bahamas
2. Who accompanies Newland and May on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Archer
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She drinks from the finger bowl
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(d) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
4. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Mingott
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Mrs. Archer
(d) Countess Olenska
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go the next evening?
2. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
3. What type of people live in the area where Ellen lives?
4. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
5. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)