|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Newland sitting at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) At his desk at home
(b) In his office
(c) The Mingott family opera box
(d) At dinner with May
2. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
(a) They have an estate there
(b) They have a vineyard there
(c) They keep horses there
(d) The air is beneficial for Mr. Welland's health
3. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she thinks he is very handsome
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(d) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
4. Where does Newland go the next evening?
(a) The Oak Room
(b) The opera
(c) Ellen Olenska's house
(d) His gentleman's club
5. What type of flowers does Newland send Ellen?
(a) Pink carnations
(b) Purple hyacinths
(c) Blue hydrangeas
(d) Yellow roses
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
2. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
3. What does Ellen tell Newland?
4. What type of flowers does Newland send to Ellen that night?
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)