|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Newland and May visit first on their betrothal visits?
(a) Mrs. Archer
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Mingott
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She drinks from the finger bowl
(b) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(c) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(d) She chews with her mouth open
3. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Regina Beaufort
4. What is the event that occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) The Easter Parade
(b) The Nutcracker Ballet
(c) The Christmas Bazaar
(d) Annual Beaufort Ball
5. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He is practically family
(b) He has a conflict of interest
(c) He does not handle divorce cases
(d) His case load is too heavy
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
2. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
3. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
5. Why do the Wellands choose the location for their vacation?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)