|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Regina Beaufort
(c) Mrs. Welland
(d) Ellen Olenska
2. Who had sent the object in #79?
(a) Count Oleska
(b) Mr. van der Luyden
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Newland Archer
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will help her find a house
(b) If his firm will handle her divorce
(c) If he will sit by her at dinner
(d) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
4. Who does Mrs. Mingott send Newland to get?
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband had an affair
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
(d) Ellen's husband is a gay man
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
2. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
3. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
4. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
5. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)