|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Mr. van der Luyden
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) Newland Archer
(d) Mr. Welland
2. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
(a) She is inviting Ellen to the wedding
(b) She is still in Florida
(c) She is having her wedding dress custom designed
(d) That May thinks Newland is in love with someone else
3. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(b) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(c) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(d) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
4. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) It is a presitigious case
(b) They have a conflict of interest
(c) They will not make any money on it
(d) The request should be cancelled
5. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) Ellen Olenska
(b) Elaine Astor
(c) The Wellands
(d) Janey Archer
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
3. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
5. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)