|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
(c) Boco Raton
(d) The Bahamas
2. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Ellen's family
(b) Julius Beaufort
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Mrs. van der Luyden
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She chews with her mouth open
(c) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(d) She drinks from the finger bowl
4. Who had sent the object in #79?
(a) Count Oleska
(b) Mr. van der Luyden
(c) Newland Archer
(d) Julius Beaufort
5. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
(a) think things over
(b) meditate and write
(c) read some books
(d) get a tan
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
2. What new game does May enjoy playing?
3. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
4. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
5. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)