|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
(b) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(c) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(d) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
2. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Ellen Olenska
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will sit by her at dinner
(b) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(c) If he will help her find a house
(d) If his firm will handle her divorce
4. Ellen's aunt tells her that someone has sent her ______________________.
(a) theater tickets
(b) a new hat
(c) a necklace
(d) a bouquet
5. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband had an affair
(b) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(c) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(d) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
2. What is Skuytercliff?
3. What new game does May enjoy playing?
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
5. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)