|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(b) Ellen's husband had an affair
(c) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(d) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
2. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) The Wellands
(b) Ellen Olenska
(c) Janey Archer
(d) Elaine Astor
3. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Astors
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) Newland and May
(d) The Beauforts
4. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(b) A resort area
(c) The Welland family estate
(d) The van der Luyden's country estate
5. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
(a) She is inviting Ellen to the wedding
(b) She is still in Florida
(c) She is having her wedding dress custom designed
(d) That May thinks Newland is in love with someone else
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland send to Ellen?
2. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
3. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
4. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
5. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)