|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a guest at Skuytercliff?
(d) Mrs. Mingott
2. Ellen's aunt tells her that someone has sent her ______________________.
(a) a necklace
(b) theater tickets
(c) a new hat
(d) a bouquet
3. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He does not handle divorce cases
(b) He is practically family
(c) He has a conflict of interest
(d) His case load is too heavy
4. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
(a) That May thinks Newland is in love with someone else
(b) She is inviting Ellen to the wedding
(c) She is still in Florida
(d) She is having her wedding dress custom designed
5. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
(a) Yellow roses
(b) White roses
(c) Red roses
(d) Pink roses
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
2. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
3. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
4. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
5. What does the telegram say?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)