|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(b) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
(c) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(d) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
2. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) May has broken the engagement
(b) Ellen is the woman he would like to marry if it were possible
(c) May does not really like Ellen
(d) May wants to live in Florida
3. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) The Wellands
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Elaine Astor
4. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
(a) The Beauforts' estate
(c) The Welland vacation home
(d) The Reggies' estate
5. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
2. Who had sent the object in #79?
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
5. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)