|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) Ellen is the woman he would like to marry if it were possible
(b) May wants to live in Florida
(c) May has broken the engagement
(d) May does not really like Ellen
2. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
(a) Julius Beaufort
(b) Newland Archer
(c) Mr. van der Luyden
(d) Mr. Welland
3. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He does not handle divorce cases
(b) He is practically family
(c) He has a conflict of interest
(d) His case load is too heavy
4. Ellen's aunt tells her that someone has sent her ______________________.
(a) theater tickets
(b) a necklace
(c) a bouquet
(d) a new hat
5. What does Newland send to Ellen?
(b) A note
(c) Pink roses
(d) Theater tickets
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
2. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
4. Who is a guest at Skuytercliff?
5. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)