|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
(a) She is still in Florida
(b) She is having her wedding dress custom designed
(c) That May thinks Newland is in love with someone else
(d) She is inviting Ellen to the wedding
2. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
(b) She drinks from the finger bowl
(c) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(d) She chews with her mouth open
3. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(b) The van der Luyden's country estate
(c) A resort area
(d) The Welland family estate
4. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) The Wellands
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Elaine Astor
(d) Ellen Olenska
5. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
(a) Yellow roses
(b) Pink roses
(c) Red roses
(d) White roses
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
2. What does Newland send to Ellen?
3. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
4. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
5. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)