|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(b) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
(c) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(d) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
2. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
(a) If he will help her find a house
(b) If he will sit by her at dinner
(c) Whether his engagement to May is a love match
(d) If his firm will handle her divorce
3. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He does not handle divorce cases
(b) He is practically family
(c) His case load is too heavy
(d) He has a conflict of interest
4. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Much younger than she looked before
(b) Tan and energetic
(c) Pale and older than her age
(d) Tired and drawn
5. Who has filed a petition for divorce in Chapter 11?
(a) Regina Beaufort
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Mrs. Welland
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
2. Who does Mrs. Mingott send Newland to get?
3. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
4. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
5. What was Newland's first vacation destination choice?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)