|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
(a) The Wellands
(b) Janey Archer
(c) Ellen Olenska
(d) Elaine Astor
2. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
(c) The Keys
(d) Boca Raton
3. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
(b) Mrs. van der Luyden
(d) Mrs. Welland
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
(a) That she is sorry that they had not met many years ago
(b) That she expects he will call on her the next evening
(c) That she thinks he is very handsome
(d) That she enjoyed his company at dinner
5. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
(a) She is inviting Ellen to the wedding
(b) She is still in Florida
(c) That May thinks Newland is in love with someone else
(d) She is having her wedding dress custom designed
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
2. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
3. Where does Newland spend the weekend?
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
5. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)