|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
(a) The Astors
(b) Countess Olenska
(c) The Beauforts
(d) Newland and May
2. What does the telegram say?
(a) The Wellands have agreed to let May marry Newland soon
(b) The Wellands want May to break her engagement to Newland
(c) The Wellands are returning from their vacation earlier than expected
(d) The Wellands have invited Ellen to visit them in Florida
3. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(b) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(c) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
4. Ellen sends Newland a note saying that she "ran away" to "______________________."
(a) think things over
(b) get a tan
(c) meditate and write
(d) read some books
5. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) The Welland family estate
(b) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(c) A resort area
(d) The van der Luyden's country estate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
2. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
3. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
4. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
5. What does Newland send to Ellen?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)