|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Mrs. van der Luyden
2. Where do Newland and May spend the summer following their wedding?
(a) Boca Raton
(b) The Keys
3. For what reason does Newland approve of the divorce?
(a) Ellen's husband had an affair
(b) Ellen's husband treated her poorly
(c) Ellen's husband is a gay man
(d) Ellen's husband has an illegitimate child
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
(a) Janey Archer
(b) Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Julius Beaufort
(d) Ellen's family
5. What social impropriety does Ellen commit at the dinner party?
(a) She chews with her mouth open
(b) She approaches Newland to talk to him instead of being approached by him
(c) She drinks from the finger bowl
(d) She doesn't know which fork to use for her salad
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland send to Ellen?
2. Who has been asked to handle the divorce case?
3. What question does Ellen ask of Newland?
4. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
5. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)