|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland send to Ellen?
(a) Pink roses
(c) A note
(d) Theater tickets
2. What is Skuytercliff?
(a) Julius Beaufort's yacht
(b) The van der Luyden's country estate
(c) The Welland family estate
(d) A resort area
3. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) Ellen is the woman he would like to marry if it were possible
(b) May wants to live in Florida
(c) May does not really like Ellen
(d) May has broken the engagement
4. Who sends a telegram to Ellen?
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Mrs. van der Luyden
5. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
(a) They have a conflict of interest
(b) The request should be cancelled
(c) It is a presitigious case
(d) They will not make any money on it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
2. Who do the van der Luydens agree to include in an upcoming dinner party?
3. What does Newland search for the next morning but cannot find?
4. What does Ellen tell Newland before leaving?
5. Who is staying with Mrs. Mingott in Newport?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)