Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen Olenska appear to Newland when he sees her at a dinner party?
(a) Pale and older than her age
(b) Much younger than she looked before
(c) Tired and drawn
(d) Tan and energetic
2. What is Newland's objection to handling the divorce?
(a) He is practically family
(b) He does not handle divorce cases
(c) He has a conflict of interest
(d) His case load is too heavy
3. Ellen's aunt tells her that someone has sent her ______________________.
(a) a bouquet
(b) theater tickets
(c) a new hat
(d) a necklace
4. Who do Newland and Mrs. Archer visit in Chapter 7?
(a) John. D. and Mary Rockefeller
(b) Henry and Louisa van der Luyden
(c) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(d) Countess and Count Olenska
5. What else does Newland tell Ellen?
(a) May does not really like Ellen
(b) Ellen is the woman he would like to marry if it were possible
(c) May wants to live in Florida
(d) May has broken the engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the law firm's position on the divorce?
2. What does the telegram say?
3. What does Newland tell Ellen about May?
4. Who wants the divorce case to be dropped?
5. Who does Newland think of before he goes to sleep?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)