|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He changes them to a new date
(b) He revises them to include May
(c) He decides to keep them
(d) He cancels them
2. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The opera
(b) Ellen's house
(c) The theater
(d) His club
3. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She says she will hire a different attorney
(b) She storms out of the room
(c) She abruptly agrees with him
(d) She asks Newland to leave
4. What is the event of the season?
(a) Newland and May's wedding
(b) Elaine Astor's wedding
(c) The van der Luyden's ball
(d) The Beaufort's ball
5. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) Her sister has just died
(b) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
(c) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(d) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
2. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
3. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
4. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
5. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)