|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
(a) The Civil War
(b) The Reconstruction
(c) Book Two
(d) The War of 1812
2. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Count and Countess Olenska
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
3. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(b) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
(c) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
(d) Her sister has just died
4. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She used to work in burlesque
(b) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She ran off with her husband's secretary
5. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He changes them to a new date
(b) He cancels them
(c) He decides to keep them
(d) He revises them to include May
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
4. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
5. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)