|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the event of the season?
(a) The van der Luyden's ball
(b) Newland and May's wedding
(c) Elaine Astor's wedding
(d) The Beaufort's ball
2. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She storms out of the room
(b) She abruptly agrees with him
(c) She asks Newland to leave
(d) She says she will hire a different attorney
3. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
(a) Countess Olenska
(b) Mrs. Beaufort
(c) Mrs. Welland
(d) Mrs. Astor
4. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
(a) The van der Luydens
(b) Countess Oleska
(c) The Astors
(d) Count Oleska
5. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(b) She will not get what she deserves
(c) Her husband will never agree to it
(d) Public accusations will ensue
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
2. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
3. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
4. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
5. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)