|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She abruptly agrees with him
(b) She says she will hire a different attorney
(c) She asks Newland to leave
(d) She storms out of the room
2. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
(a) New York
(d) Boca Raton
3. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
(a) The Ritz
(c) The Four Seasons
(d) The Patroon House
4. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She used to work in burlesque
(b) She had an illegitimate child
(c) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(d) She ran off with her husband's secretary
5. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) She will not get what she deserves
(b) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(c) Her husband will never agree to it
(d) Public accusations will ensue
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the event of the season?
2. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
3. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
4. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
5. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)