|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
(a) The maid just quit
(b) She wants him to make dinner reservations
(c) Mrs. Mingott had a stroke
(d) She has broken her leg
2. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(b) She will not get what she deserves
(c) Her husband will never agree to it
(d) Public accusations will ensue
3. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
(a) Her jewels
(b) An art collection
(c) An estate
(d) Her freedom
4. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(b) She will be happy to help in any way she can
(c) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
(d) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
5. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
(b) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(c) Her sister has just died
(d) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
2. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
3. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
4. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
5. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)