|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
(a) The Patroon House
(b) The Four Seasons
(d) The Ritz
2. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She will be happy to help in any way she can
(b) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
(c) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(d) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
3. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
(a) Book Two
(b) The Civil War
(c) The War of 1812
(d) The Reconstruction
4. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
(a) Countess Oleska
(b) Count Oleska
(c) The van der Luydens
(d) The Astors
5. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
(a) Newland no longer is required to attend
(b) It has been cancelled
(c) The location has changed
(d) It has been postponed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
2. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
3. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
5. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)