|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She abruptly agrees with him
(b) She says she will hire a different attorney
(c) She storms out of the room
(d) She asks Newland to leave
2. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(b) Public accusations will ensue
(c) Her husband will never agree to it
(d) She will not get what she deserves
3. What is the event of the season?
(a) The van der Luyden's ball
(b) Elaine Astor's wedding
(c) Newland and May's wedding
(d) The Beaufort's ball
4. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
(a) The Reconstruction
(b) Book Two
(c) The Civil War
(d) The War of 1812
5. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
(a) Newland no longer is required to attend
(b) The location has changed
(c) It has been cancelled
(d) It has been postponed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
4. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
5. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)