|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
(a) It has been cancelled
(b) Newland no longer is required to attend
(c) The location has changed
(d) It has been postponed
2. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
(c) Count and Countess Olenska
(d) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
3. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(b) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
(c) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
(d) Her sister has just died
4. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) Her husband will never agree to it
(b) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(c) She will not get what she deserves
(d) Public accusations will ensue
5. What is the event of the season?
(a) Elaine Astor's wedding
(b) The van der Luyden's ball
(c) The Beaufort's ball
(d) Newland and May's wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
2. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
3. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
4. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)