|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
(a) The Astors
(b) The van der Luydens
(c) Count Oleska
(d) Countess Oleska
2. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
(b) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(c) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
(d) She will be happy to help in any way she can
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has forgotten his calling cards
(b) He sees Julius Beaufort
(c) He has come on the wrong day
(d) He has mud on his shoes
4. What is the event of the season?
(a) Elaine Astor's wedding
(b) The van der Luyden's ball
(c) The Beaufort's ball
(d) Newland and May's wedding
5. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She used to work in burlesque
(b) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She had a sexually transmitted disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
2. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
3. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
4. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
5. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)