|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Count and Countess Olenska
(b) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
2. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had an illegitimate child
(b) She used to work in burlesque
(c) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(d) She had a sexually transmitted disease
3. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) Her sister has just died
(b) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(c) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
(d) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
4. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
(a) The Ritz
(c) The Patroon House
(d) The Four Seasons
5. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She says she will hire a different attorney
(b) She storms out of the room
(c) She abruptly agrees with him
(d) She asks Newland to leave
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
2. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
3. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
5. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)