|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
(b) Her sister has just died
(c) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
(d) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
2. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
(a) Mrs. Beaufort
(b) Mrs. Welland
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Astor
3. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She says she will hire a different attorney
(b) She asks Newland to leave
(c) She abruptly agrees with him
(d) She storms out of the room
4. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He cancels them
(b) He revises them to include May
(c) He changes them to a new date
(d) He decides to keep them
5. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
(a) The Four Seasons
(b) The Patroon House
(d) The Ritz
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
2. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
3. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
4. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
5. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)