|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) Her sister has just died
(b) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
(c) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(d) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
2. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
(a) She has broken her leg
(b) She wants him to make dinner reservations
(c) The maid just quit
(d) Mrs. Mingott had a stroke
3. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He revises them to include May
(b) He cancels them
(c) He changes them to a new date
(d) He decides to keep them
4. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She says she will hire a different attorney
(b) She asks Newland to leave
(c) She abruptly agrees with him
(d) She storms out of the room
5. What is the event of the season?
(a) The van der Luyden's ball
(b) The Beaufort's ball
(c) Elaine Astor's wedding
(d) Newland and May's wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
2. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
4. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
5. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)