|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the event of the season?
(a) Newland and May's wedding
(b) The van der Luyden's ball
(c) Elaine Astor's wedding
(d) The Beaufort's ball
2. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(b) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
(c) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
(d) Her sister has just died
3. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
(a) Mrs. Astor
(b) Mrs. Beaufort
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Welland
4. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
(c) Boca Raton
(d) New York
5. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
(a) The maid just quit
(b) Mrs. Mingott had a stroke
(c) She has broken her leg
(d) She wants him to make dinner reservations
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
3. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
4. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
5. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)