|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
(a) She has broken her leg
(b) Mrs. Mingott had a stroke
(c) The maid just quit
(d) She wants him to make dinner reservations
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
(a) The Ritz
(b) The Four Seasons
(d) The Patroon House
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has come on the wrong day
(b) He has mud on his shoes
(c) He has forgotten his calling cards
(d) He sees Julius Beaufort
4. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
(a) Ellen has left without saying goodbye
(b) The rumors about Julius Beaufort are true
(c) Her sister has just died
(d) She has lost her fortune in a bad business deal
5. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The theater
(b) Ellen's house
(c) The opera
(d) His club
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
2. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
3. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
4. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
5. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)