|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(b) She used to work in burlesque
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She had a sexually transmitted disease
2. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has mud on his shoes
(b) He has come on the wrong day
(c) He has forgotten his calling cards
(d) He sees Julius Beaufort
3. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(b) Count and Countess Olenska
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
(d) Julius and Regina Beaufort
4. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) She will not get what she deserves
(b) Public accusations will ensue
(c) It may take a little longer than she thinks
(d) Her husband will never agree to it
5. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
(a) The War of 1812
(b) The Reconstruction
(c) Book Two
(d) The Civil War
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
2. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
3. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
5. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)