|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newland caution Ellen about regarding the divorce?
(a) Public accusations will ensue
(b) Her husband will never agree to it
(c) She will not get what she deserves
(d) It may take a little longer than she thinks
2. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He changes them to a new date
(b) He decides to keep them
(c) He revises them to include May
(d) He cancels them
3. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
(a) The Patroon House
(b) The Ritz
(c) The Four Seasons
4. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She will be happy to help in any way she can
(b) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(c) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
(d) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
5. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
(a) The War of 1812
(b) The Civil War
(c) Book Two
(d) The Reconstruction
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
2. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
4. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
5. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)