|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The opera
(b) Ellen's house
(c) His club
(d) The theater
2. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
(a) Mrs. Welland
(b) Mrs. Beaufort
(c) Countess Olenska
(d) Mrs. Astor
3. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
(a) The location has changed
(b) Newland no longer is required to attend
(c) It has been cancelled
(d) It has been postponed
4. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
(a) Her jewels
(b) Her freedom
(c) An art collection
(d) An estate
5. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He revises them to include May
(b) He changes them to a new date
(c) He decides to keep them
(d) He cancels them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
4. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
5. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)