|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
(b) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(c) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
(d) She will be happy to help in any way she can
2. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(b) She used to work in burlesque
(c) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(d) She had an illegitimate child
3. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He decides to keep them
(b) He changes them to a new date
(c) He cancels them
(d) He revises them to include May
4. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has mud on his shoes
(b) He has forgotten his calling cards
(c) He sees Julius Beaufort
(d) He has come on the wrong day
5. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
(b) Boca Raton
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
2. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
4. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
5. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)