|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
(b) Boca Raton
(c) New York
2. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
(a) The War of 1812
(b) Book Two
(c) The Civil War
(d) The Reconstruction
3. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She storms out of the room
(b) She asks Newland to leave
(c) She says she will hire a different attorney
(d) She abruptly agrees with him
4. What is the event of the season?
(a) Newland and May's wedding
(b) The van der Luyden's ball
(c) The Beaufort's ball
(d) Elaine Astor's wedding
5. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(b) She had an illegitimate child
(c) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(d) She used to work in burlesque
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
2. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
3. Who does not attend Newland and May's wedding?
4. What is the source of Mrs. Mingott's illness?
5. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)