|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She will be happy to help in any way she can
(b) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(c) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
(d) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
2. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
(a) He cancels them
(b) He decides to keep them
(c) He changes them to a new date
(d) He revises them to include May
3. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
(a) Mrs. Mingott had a stroke
(b) She has broken her leg
(c) She wants him to make dinner reservations
(d) The maid just quit
4. Chapter 19 marks the beginning of _____________________.
(a) The War of 1812
(b) The Civil War
(c) Book Two
(d) The Reconstruction
5. What is the event of the season?
(a) The Beaufort's ball
(b) Elaine Astor's wedding
(c) Newland and May's wedding
(d) The van der Luyden's ball
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had visited Mrs. Mingott the night before to ask for help?
2. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
3. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
4. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
5. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)