|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
(a) She says she will hire a different attorney
(b) She storms out of the room
(c) She asks Newland to leave
(d) She abruptly agrees with him
2. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
(a) An art collection
(b) An estate
(c) Her freedom
(d) Her jewels
3. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
(a) Julius and Regina Beaufort
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Welland
(c) Mr. and Mrs. van der Luyden
(d) Count and Countess Olenska
4. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
(b) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(c) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
(d) She will be happy to help in any way she can
5. What does Newland hear about the business trip the next day at the office?
(a) The location has changed
(b) It has been postponed
(c) It has been cancelled
(d) Newland no longer is required to attend
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the event of the season?
2. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
3. In what city is Newland and May's wedding held?
4. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)