One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Newland when he arrives at the answer to #43?
(a) He has forgotten his calling cards
(b) He has mud on his shoes
(c) He sees Julius Beaufort
(d) He has come on the wrong day
2. What does Mrs. Mingott tell her visitor?
(a) She married Mr. Beaufort and she must stick with him through his disgrace
(b) She will be happy to help in any way she can
(c) She will use her influence to keep the disgrace out of the press
(d) She really does not have time to listen to her problems
3. Where do Newland and May spend the first few days of their marriage?
(b) The Ritz
(c) The Four Seasons
(d) The Patroon House
4. Where does Newland go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Ellen's house
(b) The theater
(c) His club
(d) The opera
5. What is the popular rumor already in existence about Ellen?
(a) She ran off with her husband's secretary
(b) She had a sexually transmitted disease
(c) She had an illegitimate child
(d) She used to work in burlesque
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen do when Newland asks her to stop the divorce petition?
2. What decision does Newland make regarding his travel plans?
3. Who hosts Newland and May at their accommodations?
4. What is the content of a message Newland receives from May?
5. What does Ellen say she will gain through the divorce?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)