|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think is insane?
2. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
3. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
4. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
5. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John ask money for?
2. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
3. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
4. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
5. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
6. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
7. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
8. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
9. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
10. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define epistolary novel and discuss how "Age of Iron" is an example.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how rules and order are depicted in the book, and conclude why Mrs. Curren believes that the rules are necessary to maintain peace.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the principles which the youth live by in the "Age of Iron" and compare it with Mrs. Curren's principles.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)