|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
2. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
3. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
4. Where are the police officers the narrator talks with?
5. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Vercueil acted as a guide or mentor to Mrs. Curren and how he influenced her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the setting of Mrs. Curren's home and how Mrs. Curren attempts to protect her space.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Coetzee's development of the plot in the "Age of Iron", from the initial situation to the climax and conclusion.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)