|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
2. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
3. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
4. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
5. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
2. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
3. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
4. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
5. What does John ask money for?
6. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
7. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
8. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
9. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
10. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define epistolary novel and discuss how "Age of Iron" is an example.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the names, Hope and Beauty, Florence's daughters and how these names are used as an allegory in "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the setting of Mrs. Curren's home and how Mrs. Curren attempts to protect her space.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)