Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
2. What is the narrator's name?
3. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
4. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
5. What does the narrator think is insane?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Florence's reaction to Mr. Vercueil and compare it with Mrs. Curren's reaction to him.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the correlation between Mrs. Curren's act of writing letters and her self preservation in the "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 3
Define a character foil and discuss why they are used in literature. Take two character foils and analyze why Coetzee chose these characters as foils.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)