Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
2. What is the narrator's name?
3. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
4. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
5. What does the narrator think is insane?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of cancer in "Age of Iron" and why Coetzee chose to use a terminal disease to show the relationship with apartheid, believed a disease of hatred.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the principles which the youth live by in the "Age of Iron" and compare it with Mrs. Curren's principles.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the correlation between Mrs. Curren's act of writing letters and her self preservation in the "Age of Iron".
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)