|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
3. What is the boy's name?
4. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
5. What does the narrator say about John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John ask money for?
2. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
3. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
4. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
5. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
6. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
7. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
8. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
9. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
10. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define epistolary novel and discuss how "Age of Iron" is an example.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how rules and order are depicted in the book, and conclude why Mrs. Curren believes that the rules are necessary to maintain peace.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Vercueil acted as a guide or mentor to Mrs. Curren and how he influenced her.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)