|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
2. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
3. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
4. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
5. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the principles which the youth live by in the "Age of Iron" and compare it with Mrs. Curren's principles.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact apartheid had on schools and students in South Africa.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the "Age of Iron", discuss whether suffering has any value for the characters.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)