|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's medications cause?
2. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
3. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
5. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
2. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
4. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
5. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
6. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
7. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
8. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
9. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
10. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define epistolary novel and discuss how "Age of Iron" is an example.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the setting of Mrs. Curren's home and how Mrs. Curren attempts to protect her space.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism and meaning of the title, "Age of Iron".
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)