|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
2. What does Florence tell the narrator?
3. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
4. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
5. Who gives the narrator little help after the narrator tries to take her car home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
2. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
3. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
4. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
5. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
6. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
7. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
8. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
9. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
10. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism and meaning of the title, "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact Bheki's death had on the different characters in the "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the names, Hope and Beauty, Florence's daughters and how these names are used as an allegory in "Age of Iron".
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)