|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
2. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
3. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
4. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
5. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze why Coetzee chose to write using fiction in "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact apartheid had on schools and students in South Africa.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Florence's reaction to Mr. Vercueil and compare it with Mrs. Curren's reaction to him.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)