|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator write about?
2. Why isn't Bheki in school?
3. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
4. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
5. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator told about her plan to make a complaint?
2. What does the homeless men decline after answering questions about his birthplace?
3. What did Bheki and another teenage boy do?
4. What is the narrator surprised about when she observes Mr. Vercueil?
5. What does the narrator say about charity?
6. What does the narrator warn Florence of regarding hate?
7. What does the narrator ask the homeless man to do upon her death?
8. What does the narrator explain when a neighbor who calls on the phone?
9. What does the narrator not understand about the townships?
10. What does the narrator do when her car won't start according to Part One, pg. 15-33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the principles which the youth live by in the "Age of Iron" and compare it with Mrs. Curren's principles.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Coetzee addresses mortality throughout the "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 3
Examine the correlation between Mrs. Curren's act of writing letters and her self preservation in the "Age of Iron".
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)