|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
2. Where does Bheki sleep?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
4. What instrument does the narrator play?
5. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
2. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
3. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
4. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
5. What is the narrator surprised about when she observes Mr. Vercueil?
6. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
7. What does the narrator warn Florence of regarding hate?
8. What does the narrator do when her car won't start according to Part One, pg. 15-33?
9. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
10. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how rules and order are depicted in the book, and conclude why Mrs. Curren believes that the rules are necessary to maintain peace.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the correlation between Mrs. Curren's act of writing letters and her self preservation in the "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the principles which the youth live by in the "Age of Iron" and compare it with Mrs. Curren's principles.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)