|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
2. Where does the housekeeper live?
3. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
4. Where does Bheki sleep?
5. Who is the narrator of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the police van continued driving?
2. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
3. What does the narrator say about the boy and her teaching?
4. What does the narrator say about charity?
5. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
6. What is the narrator told about her plan to make a complaint?
7. What does the narrator ask the homeless man to do upon her death?
8. What does the narrator find near her garage?
9. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
10. Who does the narrator see parked outside of her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define epistolary novel and discuss how "Age of Iron" is an example.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze why Coetzee chose to write using fiction in "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact apartheid had on schools and students in South Africa.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)