|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
3. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
4. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
5. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the homeless man to do upon her death?
2. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
3. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
4. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
5. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
6. What does the narrator reassure Florence of?
7. What is the aged woman diagnosed with at the start of Part One, pg. 3-15?
8. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
9. What does the homeless men decline after answering questions about his birthplace?
10. What does the narrator tell the homeless man stories about on the trip into town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the setting of Mrs. Curren's home and how Mrs. Curren attempts to protect her space.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the names, Hope and Beauty, Florence's daughters and how these names are used as an allegory in "Age of Iron".
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Florence's reaction to Mr. Vercueil and compare it with Mrs. Curren's reaction to him.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)