Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
2. Why do the youth of the township do?
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
4. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
5. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
2. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
3. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
4. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
5. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
6. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
7. What did Bheki and another teenage boy do?
8. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
9. Who does the narrator reveal she is speaking to according to Part One, pg. 3-15?
10. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
Discuss why Vercueil acted as a guide or mentor to Mrs. Curren and how he influenced her.
Examine how rules and order are depicted in the book, and conclude why Mrs. Curren believes that the rules are necessary to maintain peace.
Discuss the significance of the names, Hope and Beauty, Florence's daughters and how these names are used as an allegory in "Age of Iron".
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)