|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's medications cause?
2. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He sells shoes.
(b) He is a steel worker.
(c) He is a dock worker.
(d) He is a teacher.
3. What does Florence tell the narrator?
(a) Not to stop the car for any reason.
(b) To make sure her windows are closed.
(c) To take her gun.
(d) To stop for cigarette.
4. What does the narrator think is insane?
(a) The South African education system.
(b) The way young people can find guns.
(c) The form of comradeship the boys have.
(d) The police powers.
5. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
(a) Let the dog sleep with her.
(b) Get her more medicine.
(c) Give her a bath.
(d) Get her marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator try to do?
2. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
3. What happens late at night in Part Three?
4. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
5. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John ask money for?
2. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
3. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
4. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
5. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
6. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
7. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
8. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
9. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
10. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)