|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Continue to drive.
(b) Go drink.
(c) Go dance.
(d) Go home.
2. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
(b) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
(c) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(d) If she should have remarried.
3. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) Knocks on the door.
(b) Car parking.
(c) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(d) A plane passing above.
4. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her death.
(b) Her mistakes in life.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) The dog.
5. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
2. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
4. What happens late at night in Part Three?
5. What happened on Government Avenue in the narrator's dream in Part four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
2. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
3. What does the narrator explain over tea?
4. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
5. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
6. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
7. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
8. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
9. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
10. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)