|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
(a) An old man.
(b) A 10 year old girl.
(c) A 20 year old boy.
(d) A 10 year old boy.
2. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
(a) Give Vercueil some money.
(b) Help fight apartheid.
(c) Give the house to Vercueil.
(d) Think kindly of Mr Vercueil.
3. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(b) That Bheki was shot.
(c) That she wants to die.
(d) That Bheki was arrested.
4. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her car is broken.
(c) A cold.
(d) The police is staking out the house.
5. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the young boy to do?
2. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
3. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
4. What does the narrator try to do?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
2. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
3. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
4. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
5. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
6. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
7. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
8. What does the narrator explain over tea?
9. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
10. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)