|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator notice is removed?
(a) The wall.
(b) A portion of the baseboard.
(c) A chair.
(d) A mirror.
2. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call Florence.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Call Mr. Thabane.
(d) Call Mr. Vercueil.
3. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her mistakes in life.
(b) Her death.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her daughter.
4. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
(a) Going upstairs.
(b) Leaving the house.
(c) Following the ambulance with her car.
(d) Getting in the ambulance with John.
5. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her TV antenna.
(b) Her pool filter.
(c) Her radio antenna.
(d) Her cable box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
2. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
3. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
4. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
5. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
2. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
4. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
5. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
6. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
7. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
8. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
9. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
10. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)