|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(b) That she likes being drunk.
(c) Her cancer.
(d) Changing her will.
2. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is the mayor.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She is driving her employee back home.
(d) She is chief of police.
3. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her TV antenna.
(b) Her radio antenna.
(c) Her pool filter.
(d) Her cable box.
4. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
(d) Watches the news.
5. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
(a) People plotting a bank heist.
(b) People trying to find an unidentified white woman.
(c) People calling for the killing of all whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
2. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
3. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
4. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
5. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
2. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
3. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
4. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
5. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
6. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
7. What does John ask money for?
8. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
9. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
10. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)