|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
(a) Let the dog sleep with her.
(b) Get her marijuana.
(c) Get her more medicine.
(d) Give her a bath.
2. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
(a) Going upstairs.
(b) Following the ambulance with her car.
(c) Leaving the house.
(d) Getting in the ambulance with John.
3. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
(b) If she should have remarried.
(c) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(d) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
4. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(a) The dog biting her.
(b) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
(c) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
5. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
(a) That she was well.
(b) That she had a man in her life.
(c) That she had cancer.
(d) That she was coming to the U.S.A.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
2. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
3. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
4. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
5. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator explain over tea?
2. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
3. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
5. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
6. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
7. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
8. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
9. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
10. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)