|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
(a) Fire juice.
2. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) Her cancer.
(b) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(c) Changing her will.
(d) That she likes being drunk.
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(a) Play with his dog.
(b) Follow the narrator around.
(c) Write a letter.
4. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her cable box.
(b) Her pool filter.
(c) Her radio antenna.
(d) Her TV antenna.
5. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she wants to burn her car.
(b) That she wants to help.
(c) That she wants to go home.
(d) That she will help the insurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
2. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
3. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
4. What does the narrator's medications cause?
5. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
2. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
3. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
4. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
6. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
7. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
8. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
9. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
10. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)