|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
(a) Leaving the house.
(b) Following the ambulance with her car.
(c) Going upstairs.
(d) Getting in the ambulance with John.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Play with his dog.
(d) Follow the narrator around.
3. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
(b) Florence's husband.
(c) Florence's sister.
(d) A friend of Bheki.
4. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
(a) To go to the U.S.A.
(b) To go for a drive.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To go to the township.
5. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Allow the police to enter.
(b) Leave her house.
(c) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(d) Leave the dog alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's name?
2. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
3. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
4. What happens late at night in Part Three?
5. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
2. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
3. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
5. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
6. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
7. What does John ask money for?
8. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
9. What does the narrator explain over tea?
10. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)