|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
(a) A negotiator's body.
(b) A police officer.
(c) John's body.
(d) Mr. Vercueil's body.
2. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(a) The police.
3. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her TV antenna.
(b) Her cable box.
(c) Her pool filter.
(d) Her radio antenna.
4. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(b) Car parking.
(c) Knocks on the door.
(d) A plane passing above.
5. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her death.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her mistakes in life.
(d) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
2. What does the narrator notice is removed?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
4. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
5. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
2. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
3. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
5. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
6. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
7. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
8. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
9. What does John ask money for?
10. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)