|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Go dance.
(b) Go drink.
(c) Go home.
(d) Continue to drive.
2. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A knife fight.
(c) A fire.
(d) A beating.
3. Who is the narrator's physician?
(a) Dr. Syfret.
(b) Dr. Hoom.
(c) Dr. Swatt.
(d) Dr. Cobb.
4. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is arrested.
(b) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(c) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
(d) Florence receives a phone call.
5. How was Florence dressed in the narrator's dream?
(a) Like a police officer.
(b) Like lady liberty.
(c) Like a white politician.
(d) Like a Greek goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
2. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
3. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
4. What does the narrator think is insane?
5. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
2. What does John ask money for?
3. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
4. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
5. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
6. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
7. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
8. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
9. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
10. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)