|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
(a) That she would send her money to bring her to the U.S.
(b) That she would return every year.
(c) That she would never return.
(d) That she never want to see her again.
2. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That the pistol was her maid's.
(b) That she didn't remember anything.
(c) That she never saw the pistol before.
(d) That the pistol was hers.
3. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
(b) Watch the fire burn the house.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Give their money.
4. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
(a) People calling for the killing of all whites.
(c) People trying to find an unidentified white woman.
(d) People plotting a bank heist.
5. What is the boy's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator's physician?
2. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
3. What does the narrator think is insane?
4. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
5. Where does the narrator stop to rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
2. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
3. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
4. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
5. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
6. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
7. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
8. What does John ask money for?
9. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
10. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)