|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy cigarettes.
(c) To buy whiskey.
(d) To buy brandy.
2. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
3. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) What her daughter's name is.
(b) Why she chose him.
(c) What subjects the narrator taught.
(d) How much money the narrator will leave him.
4. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Mrs. Cam.
(b) Mrs. Cress.
(c) Mrs. Curren.
(d) Mrs. Crosh.
5. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(b) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
(c) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
(d) The dog biting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
2. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
3. What does the police tell the narrator?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
5. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
2. What does Mrs. Curren tell the police when under medication?
3. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
4. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
5. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
6. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
7. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
8. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
9. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
10. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)