|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(c) The police.
2. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call Mr. Thabane.
(b) Call Florence.
(c) Call Mr. Vercueil.
(d) Call the police.
3. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To hide that she is wealthy.
(b) To hide that she is white.
(c) To hide from those she wronged.
(d) To protect her from the rain.
4. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That she didn't remember anything.
(b) That the pistol was her maid's.
(c) That the pistol was hers.
(d) That she never saw the pistol before.
5. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she can only continue on foot.
(b) That she is not allowed to pass.
(c) That she must submit to a body scanner.
(d) That she must pay a fee to enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
2. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
3. Where does the narrator stop to rest?
4. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
5. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
2. What does the narrator explain over tea?
3. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
4. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
5. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
6. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
7. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
8. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
9. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
10. What does John ask money for?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)