|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To scenic spots.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the township.
2. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
(a) Puts them in his pocket.
(b) Throws them in the bushes.
(c) Throws them over a cliff.
(d) Throws them in the water.
4. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
(a) Her nightgown and a blanket.
(b) A dress.
(c) A long robe.
(d) A shirt and flannel pants.
5. Where does the narrator stop to rest?
(a) On a park bench.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) Under a newspaper booth.
(d) In an alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
2. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
3. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
4. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
5. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
2. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
3. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
4. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
5. What does John ask when he comes downstairs?
6. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
7. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
8. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
9. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
10. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)