|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the narrator little help after the narrator tries to take her car home?
(a) The police.
(b) The township inhabitants.
(c) The military.
(d) The white township guards.
2. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Mrs. Crosh.
(b) Mrs. Curren.
(c) Mrs. Cam.
(d) Mrs. Cress.
3. What does Florence tell the narrator?
(a) To make sure her windows are closed.
(b) Not to stop the car for any reason.
(c) To stop for cigarette.
(d) To take her gun.
4. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He shoots at her.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He hides something under the sheets.
(d) He closes the door.
5. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go drink.
(b) Go dance.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go for a swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
2. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
3. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
4. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
5. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator explain over tea?
2. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
3. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
4. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
5. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
6. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
7. What does John ask money for?
8. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
9. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
10. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)