|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(c) The police.
2. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
(a) To go to the township.
(b) To go for a drive.
(c) To go to the U.S.A.
(d) To go shopping.
3. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) Car parking.
(b) Knocks on the door.
(c) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(d) A plane passing above.
4. How does the narrator sign one of the letters where she talks about Vercueil?
(a) Mrs. H.
(b) Mrs. B.
(c) Mrs. V.
(d) Mrs. C.
5. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
(a) She would like to know about the dog.
(b) She would like to know how to burn her car.
(c) She would like to know more about Vercueil.
(d) She would like to know about Florence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare aging to?
2. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
3. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
4. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
5. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
2. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
3. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
4. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
5. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
6. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
7. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
8. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
9. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
10. What does John ask money for?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)