|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
(a) A police officer.
(c) Mr. Thabane.
(d) Florence's mother.
2. What does the narrator compare aging to?
(a) A long drive with young children.
(b) Riding a bicycle downhill.
(c) A roller coaster ride.
(d) A drive with two dogs.
3. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Continue to drive.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go drink.
(d) Go dance.
4. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That she didn't remember anything.
(b) That the pistol was hers.
(c) That the pistol was her maid's.
(d) That she never saw the pistol before.
5. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
(a) Watch the fire burn the house.
(c) Give their money.
(d) Join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator try to do?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
3. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
4. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
2. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
3. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
4. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
5. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
6. What does John ask money for?
7. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
8. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
9. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
10. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)