|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A negotiator's body.
(c) Mr. Vercueil's body.
(d) John's body.
2. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
(a) To go shopping.
(b) To go to the U.S.A.
(c) To go to the township.
(d) To go for a drive.
3. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That the pistol was hers.
(b) That she didn't remember anything.
(c) That the pistol was her maid's.
(d) That she never saw the pistol before.
4. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(d) The police.
5. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) Why she chose him.
(b) What her daughter's name is.
(c) How much money the narrator will leave him.
(d) What subjects the narrator taught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
2. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
3. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
4. What does the narrator tell the young boy to do?
5. What is the boy's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
2. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
3. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
4. What does the narrator explain over tea?
5. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
6. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
7. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
8. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
9. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
10. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)