|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 4 hours.
2. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(b) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
(c) Florence is arrested.
(d) Florence receives a phone call.
3. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go home.
(b) Go drink.
(c) Go dance.
(d) Go for a swim.
4. Who gives the narrator little help after the narrator tries to take her car home?
(a) The township inhabitants.
(b) The military.
(c) The police.
(d) The white township guards.
5. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
(a) Give Vercueil some money.
(b) Think kindly of Mr Vercueil.
(c) Give the house to Vercueil.
(d) Help fight apartheid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
2. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
3. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
4. What does the narrator notice is removed?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
2. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
3. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
4. What does John ask money for?
5. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
6. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
7. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
8. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
9. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
10. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)