|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
2. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a political leader.
(b) He was a dock worker.
(c) He was a shoe seller.
(d) He was a teacher.
3. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Go dance.
(b) Continue to drive.
(c) Go drink.
(d) Go home.
4. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her TV antenna.
(b) Her pool filter.
(c) Her cable box.
(d) Her radio antenna.
5. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) At a light.
(c) At a road block.
(d) At a gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
2. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
3. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
4. What does the narrator think is insane?
5. What is the narrator impressed about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
2. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
3. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
4. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
5. Why is Florence comforted inside the building?
6. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
7. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
8. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
9. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
10. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)