|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
(a) That she had a man in her life.
(b) That she was well.
(c) That she had cancer.
(d) That she was coming to the U.S.A.
2. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
(a) It is good.
(b) It is always the same thing.
(c) It is too salty.
(d) It is terrible.
3. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That she never saw the pistol before.
(b) That she didn't remember anything.
(c) That the pistol was hers.
(d) That the pistol was her maid's.
4. How was Florence dressed in the narrator's dream?
(a) Like a Greek goddess.
(b) Like a white politician.
(c) Like a police officer.
(d) Like lady liberty.
5. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens late at night in Part Three?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
3. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
4. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
5. How does the narrator sign one of the letters where she talks about Vercueil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator explain over tea?
2. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
3. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
4. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
5. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
6. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
7. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
8. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
9. What does John ask money for?
10. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)