|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go for a swim.
(b) Go dance.
(c) Go drink.
(d) Go home.
2. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(a) The dog biting her.
(b) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
(c) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
3. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To scenic spots.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the township.
4. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) Changing her will.
(b) That she likes being drunk.
(c) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(d) Her cancer.
5. What does the narrator's medications cause?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vercueil curious about?
2. What does the narrator notice is removed?
3. What does the narrator say about John?
4. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
5. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil say of the bottle in the paper bag?
3. What do the narrator and Mr. Thabane discuss about comradeship?
4. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
5. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
6. Who does Florence dress as at the start of Part Four?
7. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
8. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
9. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
10. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)