|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(b) Florence receives a phone call.
(c) Florence is arrested.
(d) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
2. What does the narrator's medications cause?
3. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On her bed.
(b) On the couch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In her study.
4. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
(a) A knife fight.
(b) A beating.
(c) A fire.
(d) A bomb.
5. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
(b) Fire juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
2. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
3. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
4. Who helps the narrator find her way home?
5. What does the police tell the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the morning the doorbell rings repeatedly?
2. What horrific scene do they encounter when they walk?
3. What was the narrator planning to do with her car?
4. How is Mr. Vercueil different at the start of Part Three, pg. 115-147?
5. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
6. What does the narrator explain over tea?
7. Why does Mrs. Curren call Dr. Syfret?
8. What does the narrator think about when sitting in the car alone?
9. What happens to Mrs. Curren when she is lying down under an overpass?
10. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)