|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
(a) Alcohol withdrawal.
(b) Drug withdrawal.
(c) Alzheimer's disease.
(d) End stage cancer.
2. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She wishes to have done it herself.
(b) She condemns it.
(c) She can understand it.
(d) She is proud of it.
3. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
(a) A man.
4. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) In a condescending manner.
(d) With respect.
5. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On the guest bed.
(d) On the kitchen floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator live?
2. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
3. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
4. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
5. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator reassure Florence of?
2. What does the narrator say about charity?
3. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
4. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
5. What does the narrator warn Florence of regarding hate?
6. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
7. What does the homeless men decline after answering questions about his birthplace?
8. What is the narrator surprised about when she observes Mr. Vercueil?
9. Who does the narrator see parked outside of her house?
10. What happens when the narrator leaves to go shopping?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)