|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
(a) 50 Rands.
(b) 20 rands.
(c) Everything she has in her purse.
(d) 150 Rands.
2. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An old friend.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A bystander.
3. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
(a) Around noon.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the evening.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) The engine backfires.
(b) It gets a flat tire.
(c) The engine starts on fire.
(d) It refuses to start.
5. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
(b) The troubles in the township.
(c) If she wants a puppy.
(d) How her husband is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
2. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
3. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
4. How long was the housekeeper absent?
5. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator warn Florence of regarding hate?
2. What does the narrator ask the homeless man to do upon her death?
3. What did Bheki and another teenage boy do?
4. What did the police do to Bheki and his friend?
5. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
6. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
7. What happened to the narrator three years ago?
8. Who does the narrator reveal she is speaking to according to Part One, pg. 3-15?
9. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
10. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)