|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the housekeeper absent?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 month.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He stops drinking.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He sleeps.
(d) He goes to the hospital.
3. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(b) Her can does not run.
(d) The rain.
4. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
5. Where does the narrator live?
(a) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
2. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
3. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
4. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
5. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the homeless man stories about on the trip into town?
2. What happened to the narrator three years ago?
3. Who does the narrator see parked outside of her house?
4. What is the narrator told about her plan to make a complaint?
5. What does the narrator say about the boy and her teaching?
6. What is the aged woman diagnosed with at the start of Part One, pg. 3-15?
7. Who does the narrator reveal she is speaking to according to Part One, pg. 3-15?
8. Who returns with her two young daughters and teenage son in Part Two, pgs. 35-56?
9. What does the narrator explain when a neighbor who calls on the phone?
10. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)