|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) To leave the following morning.
(b) Not to urinate in the yard.
(c) To come inside to sleep.
(d) Not to light any fires.
2. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(a) On edge.
3. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
(b) Bheki and two other white boys.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Bheki and another boy.
4. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) In a condescending manner.
(c) With respect.
5. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
2. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
3. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
4. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
5. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator surprised about when she observes Mr. Vercueil?
2. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
3. What is the aged woman diagnosed with at the start of Part One, pg. 3-15?
4. What does the narrator ask the homeless man to do upon her death?
5. What does the narrator say about charity?
6. What does the narrator reassure Florence of?
7. What did the police do to Bheki and his friend?
8. What does the narrator do when her car won't start according to Part One, pg. 15-33?
9. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
10. What happens when the narrator leaves to go shopping?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)