|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(b) That the pool house heats the pool.
(c) That the dog is hers.
(d) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
2. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Cuts on his legs.
(b) Bruises on his arms and legs.
(c) Head wound.
(d) Broken arm.
3. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(a) Late morning.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
4. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Drive white people out of the township.
(b) Fight with white students.
(c) Burn a police station.
(d) Burn their own school.
5. What does the narrator say about the media?
(a) They do not cover what happens in the townships.
(b) They only cover reality TV.
(c) They do not print the letter she sent them.
(d) They do not cover the last South African gold medalist at the Olympics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
2. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
3. Why isn't Bheki in school?
4. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
5. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the aged woman's views on the apartheid system?
2. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
3. What does the narrator ask the homeless man to do upon her death?
4. What did Mr. Vercueil do with more access to money?
5. Who does the narrator see parked outside of her house?
6. What does the narrator explain when a neighbor who calls on the phone?
7. What does the narrator say to the homeless man about her family?
8. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
9. What is the narrator told about her plan to make a complaint?
10. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)