|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(a) College professor.
(b) Dock worker.
(d) Police officer.
2. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
(a) In the psychiatric wing of the hospital.
(b) In a room full of older men.
(c) In the waiting room of the hospital.
(d) In a cell at the local prison.
3. Why does Florence bring Bheki back to the house?
(a) She does not want to be involved with the police.
(b) She is sought by police.
(c) She does not have insurance.
(d) Her son could be fined.
4. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
(a) A bystander.
(b) An old friend.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A neighbor.
5. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) How her husband is doing.
(b) The troubles in the township.
(c) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
(d) If she wants a puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
2. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
3. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
4. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
5. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the homeless man to do upon her death?
2. What is unique about the aged woman's views on the apartheid system?
3. What happens when the narrator leaves to go shopping?
4. What is the narrator told about her plan to make a complaint?
5. What did Bheki and another teenage boy do?
6. What does the narrator tell the homeless man stories about on the trip into town?
7. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
8. Who does the narrator reveal she is speaking to according to Part One, pg. 3-15?
9. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
10. What is the narrator surprised about when she observes Mr. Vercueil?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)