|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Rent to recently released prisoners.
(b) Take a second mortgage.
(c) Create a bed and breakfast.
(d) Rent to students.
2. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She condemns it.
(b) She wishes to have done it herself.
(c) She is proud of it.
(d) She can understand it.
3. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
4. Where does the housekeeper live?
5. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) The engine backfires.
(b) It gets a flat tire.
(c) The engine starts on fire.
(d) It refuses to start.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
2. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
3. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
4. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
5. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the aged woman diagnosed with at the start of Part One, pg. 3-15?
2. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
3. What does the narrator say about the boy and her teaching?
4. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
5. What did Mr. Vercueil do with more access to money?
6. What does the narrator tell the homeless man stories about on the trip into town?
7. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
8. What does the narrator find near her garage?
9. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
10. What does the narrator say about charity?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)