|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
(a) To have the woman leave.
(b) To give her her money back.
(c) To pack and leave.
(d) To have the dog sleep outside.
2. Who does the narrator want to bring with Florence and her?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Mr. Vercueil.
(c) The dog.
(d) Florence's daughters.
3. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) To come inside to sleep.
(b) Not to light any fires.
(c) To leave the following morning.
(d) Not to urinate in the yard.
4. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At a car plant.
(b) At a chemical plant.
(c) At an electricity plant.
(d) At a chicken farming plant.
5. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(b) Dock worker.
(c) College professor.
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil at the start of Part Two?
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
3. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
4. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
5. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do when her car won't start according to Part One, pg. 15-33?
2. Who does the narrator reveal she is speaking to according to Part One, pg. 3-15?
3. What does Vercueil explain to the narrator when they reach the boy's hospital room?
4. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
5. What is the narrator surprised about when she observes Mr. Vercueil?
6. What did the police do to Bheki and his friend?
7. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
8. What is unique about the aged woman's views on the apartheid system?
9. What is the aged woman diagnosed with at the start of Part One, pg. 3-15?
10. What did Bheki and another teenage boy do?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)