|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
(a) Alzheimer's disease.
(b) End stage cancer.
(c) Alcohol withdrawal.
(d) Drug withdrawal.
2. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A political pamphlet.
(b) A video cassette.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bicycle.
3. Why isn't Bheki in school?
(a) Because he thinks the school was created to make him fit in the apartheid system.
(b) Because he thinks he can have a college scholarship because of basketball.
(c) Because he is a genius that don't need to study.
(d) Because he wants to join the army.
4. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
(c) Terminal cancer.
(d) A heart condition.
5. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) Stealing her piano.
(b) The vandalism.
(c) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(d) The burglars where white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the housekeeper live?
2. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
3. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
4. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
5. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Curren do when Mr. Vercueil is not looking?
2. What does the narrator do when her car won't start according to Part One, pg. 15-33?
3. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
4. What did the police do to Bheki and his friend?
5. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
6. What does the narrator wonder about her ability to love?
7. What does the narrator find near her garage?
8. What is playing on the television when Mr. Vercueil brings the television into the room?
9. What directions does Florence give to the narrator when they arrive in the township area at the start of Part Three, pg. 87-115?
10. What is the aged woman diagnosed with at the start of Part One, pg. 3-15?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)