|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(c) In a condescending manner.
(d) With respect.
2. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the pool house heats the pool.
(b) That the dog is hers.
(c) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(d) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
3. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To be her driver.
(b) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To cook for her.
4. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
(a) Work on the lawn mower.
(b) Dig a hole.
(c) Clean the pool.
(d) Ride a bicycle.
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
2. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
3. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
4. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
5. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator surprised about when she observes Mr. Vercueil?
2. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
3. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
4. What does the narrator explain when a neighbor who calls on the phone?
5. What did the police do to Bheki and his friend?
6. What does the narrator warn Florence of regarding hate?
7. What did Mr. Vercueil do with more access to money?
8. What does the narrator reassure Florence of?
9. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
10. What does the narrator not understand about the townships?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)