|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Florence bring Bheki back to the house?
(a) She is sought by police.
(b) She does not want to be involved with the police.
(c) She does not have insurance.
(d) Her son could be fined.
2. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
(b) The police.
(c) The homeless of Cape Town.
(d) Her mother.
3. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(a) In jail.
(b) On a boat.
(c) With another woman.
4. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(a) Pay his debts.
(c) Pay for his gambling habit.
5. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
(a) Because her daughter is married to an oncologist.
(b) Because she needs all the support she can get.
(c) Because she could have a visa for the U.S.A.
(d) Because if her daughter finds out later she would never forgive the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
2. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
3. What does the narrator say about the media?
4. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
5. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the homeless man about her family?
2. What happened to the narrator three years ago?
3. What does the homeless men decline after answering questions about his birthplace?
4. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
5. What does the narrator say about the boy and her teaching?
6. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
7. What does the narrator explain when a neighbor who calls on the phone?
8. What happens when the narrator leaves to go shopping?
9. Who returns with her two young daughters and teenage son in Part Two, pgs. 35-56?
10. Who does the narrator reveal she is speaking to according to Part One, pg. 3-15?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)