|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence do after the crash?
(a) Call the hospital where Bheki's friend was sent to.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Call the local chapter of the black panthers.
(d) Call the parents of Bheki's friend.
2. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
3. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
4. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(b) With another woman.
(c) On a boat.
(d) In jail.
5. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
(a) Bring Bheki to a white doctor.
(b) File a complaint about the police.
(c) Call the mayor's office.
(d) Bring Bheki to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
2. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
3. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
4. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
5. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about charity?
2. What does the narrator reassure Florence of?
3. What happens when the narrator leaves to go shopping?
4. What happened to the narrator three years ago?
5. What does the narrator explain when a neighbor who calls on the phone?
6. What does Vercueil explain to the narrator when they reach the boy's hospital room?
7. What is the aged woman diagnosed with at the start of Part One, pg. 3-15?
8. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
9. What happens after the police van continued driving?
10. What is unique about the aged woman's views on the apartheid system?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)