|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) The homeless man.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) A mechanic.
2. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
(a) Drug withdrawal.
(b) End stage cancer.
(c) Alzheimer's disease.
(d) Alcohol withdrawal.
3. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
4. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
(a) Near the grocery store.
(b) Near her garage.
(c) Near her neighbor's house
(d) Near her pool.
5. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She misses her.
(b) She makes her sick.
(c) She dislikes her habits.
(d) She hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
2. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
3. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
4. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
5. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
2. What does the narrator say about charity?
3. What did Bheki and another teenage boy do?
4. What is unique about the aged woman's views on the apartheid system?
5. Who does the narrator see parked outside of her house?
6. What did Mr. Vercueil do with more access to money?
7. What does the narrator reassure Florence of?
8. What did the police do to Bheki and his friend?
9. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
10. What does Vercueil explain to the narrator when they reach the boy's hospital room?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)