|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) The rain.
(b) Her can does not run.
(d) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
2. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Burn their own school.
(b) Drive white people out of the township.
(c) Burn a police station.
(d) Fight with white students.
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day writing.
(b) Spends the day cleaning the house.
(c) Spends the day in bed reading.
(d) Spends the day gardening.
4. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Bruises on his arms and legs.
(b) Cuts on his legs.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Head wound.
5. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
(b) Bheki and another boy.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Bheki and two other white boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence do with Bheki after the crash?
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
3. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
4. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
5. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thabane advise the narrator to put a jacket over her head?
2. What does the narrator recall about her daughter?
3. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
4. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
5. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
6. What advice does the narrator offer to Mr. Thabane?
7. What did Bheki and another teenage boy do?
8. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
9. Who does the narrator reveal she is speaking to according to Part One, pg. 3-15?
10. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)