|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Three years before the events of the book.
(b) Five years before the events of the book.
(c) Four years before the events of the book.
(d) Twelve years before the events of the book.
2. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Cleaning the gutters.
(b) Repairing the second floor lights.
(c) Fixing a drainage problem.
(d) Cleaning the back yard.
3. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
(a) A dog is loose on her property.
(b) The pool house is on fire.
(c) A vagrant on her property.
(d) A homeless man is exposing himself.
4. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At an electricity plant.
(b) At a chemical plant.
(c) At a car plant.
(d) At a chicken farming plant.
5. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(c) On edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. Why isn't Bheki in school?
5. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator told about her plan to make a complaint?
2. What does the narrator find near her garage?
3. What does the narrator say about charity?
4. What does Vercueil explain to the narrator when they reach the boy's hospital room?
5. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
6. What does Bheki inform the narrator of regarding the police and not being in school?
7. What is unique about the aged woman's views on the apartheid system?
8. What did the police do to Bheki and his friend?
9. What does the narrator explain when a neighbor who calls on the phone?
10. Who does the narrator see parked outside of her house?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)