|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
(a) Give them to a hospital.
(b) Give them to her sister.
(c) Have them put down.
(d) Give them to the homeless man.
2. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
(a) Bheki and another boy.
(b) Bheki and two other white boys.
(d) The narrator.
3. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the dog is hers.
(b) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(c) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
(d) That the pool house heats the pool.
4. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(b) With respect.
(c) In a condescending manner.
5. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(b) The vandalism.
(c) The burglars where white.
(d) Stealing her piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
2. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
3. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
4. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
5. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the homeless man stories about on the trip into town?
2. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
3. What does the narrator say about the boy and her teaching?
4. What does the narrator reassure Florence of?
5. What did Mr. Vercueil do with more access to money?
6. What does the narrator warn Florence of regarding hate?
7. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
8. What is the narrator told about her plan to make a complaint?
9. What happens when the narrator leaves to go shopping?
10. Who returns with her two young daughters and teenage son in Part Two, pgs. 35-56?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)