|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
2. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
(a) In the waiting room of the hospital.
(b) In a room full of older men.
(c) In the psychiatric wing of the hospital.
(d) In a cell at the local prison.
3. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She makes her sick.
(b) She dislikes her habits.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She misses her.
4. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
5. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) It is vacation time.
(b) The bus broke down.
(c) It is after 5 p.m.
(d) The school is closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence do with Bheki after the crash?
2. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
3. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do when her car won't start according to Part One, pg. 15-33?
2. What does the narrator say about charity?
3. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
4. What seems to ease Mrs. Curren's pain?
5. What does John ask money for?
6. What is the narrator told when she asks who is responsible?
7. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
8. What does the homeless man do when the narrator brings him coffee?
9. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
10. Where do Mr. Vercueil and the narrator drive?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)