|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
2. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it is a bad precedent.
(b) Because he does not deserve it.
(c) Because it fosters laziness.
(d) Because she does not have cash.
3. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) The Cape.
(c) South Central.
4. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Fine them.
(c) Drink with them.
(d) Attack them.
5. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
(a) Alcohol withdrawal.
(b) End stage cancer.
(c) Drug withdrawal.
(d) Alzheimer's disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
2. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
3. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
4. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
5. Why does Florence bring Bheki back to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator not understand about the townships?
2. What does the policeman at the roadblock tell the narrator?
3. What does the narrator explain over tea?
4. What has Mr. Vercueil become interested in?
5. Who enters the house at the start of Part Two, pg. 56-86?
6. Who does the narrator want out of the house?
7. What did the narrator do to ease her pain at the end of Part One, p. 3-15?
8. Why does the narrator say she cannot give him money for nothing?
9. What does the narrator notice when passing by Florence's room in Part Three, p. 147-176?
10. What happens when the narrator leaves to go shopping?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)