|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(c) The police.
2. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(a) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
(b) The dog biting her.
(d) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
3. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
(a) Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her husband.
4. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
5. What happened on Government Avenue in the narrator's dream in Part four?
(a) She meets with her daughter.
(b) She burns down a Greek temple.
(c) She burns down the Parliament.
(d) She burns down her house.
6. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
(a) Florence's sister.
(c) A friend of Bheki.
(d) Florence's husband.
7. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have remarried.
(b) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
(c) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(d) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
8. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
(a) 12 dead bodies.
(b) 16 dead bodies.
(c) 8 dead bodies.
(d) 6 dead bodies.
9. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Allow the police to enter.
(b) Leave the dog alone.
(c) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(d) Leave her house.
10. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He sells shoes.
(b) He is a steel worker.
(c) He is a dock worker.
(d) He is a teacher.
11. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is arrested.
(b) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(c) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
(d) Florence receives a phone call.
12. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
13. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To change channels.
(b) To turn the TV off.
(c) To mute the sound.
(d) To dance.
14. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On the couch.
(b) On her bed.
(c) In her study.
(d) In the kitchen.
15. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(a) Play with his dog.
(b) Write a letter.
(d) Follow the narrator around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
3. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
4. What does the narrator's medications cause?
5. What does the narrator try to do?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)