|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(b) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
(c) Florence is arrested.
(d) Florence receives a phone call.
2. Where does the narrator stop to rest?
(a) In an alley.
(b) On a park bench.
(c) Under a newspaper booth.
(d) Under a bridge.
3. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(b) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
(c) The dog biting her.
(d) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
4. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the narrator's study.
(c) On Florence's bed.
(d) On the kitchen floor.
5. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
(a) Leaving the house.
(b) Following the ambulance with her car.
(c) Going upstairs.
(d) Getting in the ambulance with John.
6. What does the narrator tell the young boy to do?
(a) To leave by the back door.
(b) To go back to school.
(c) To turn himself in.
(d) To stay the night.
7. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her mistakes in life.
(b) Her death.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her daughter.
8. What is the boy's name?
9. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
10. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) In her study.
(b) On her bed.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In the kitchen.
11. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
(a) He goes and gets the dog.
(b) He brings the radio in the bathroom.
(c) He brings the TV in the bedroom.
(d) He cleans the pool himself.
12. Where are the police officers the narrator talks with?
(a) Near her pool.
(b) At the police station.
(c) Outside her kitchen.
(d) Outside her yard.
13. What does Florence tell the narrator?
(a) To stop for cigarette.
(b) Not to stop the car for any reason.
(c) To take her gun.
(d) To make sure her windows are closed.
14. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
(a) Florence's mother.
(c) Mr. Thabane.
(d) A police officer.
15. What is the narrator impressed about?
(a) Mr. Thabane's sense of spectacle.
(b) Mr. Thabane's manhood.
(c) Mr. Thabane's speech.
(d) Mr. Thabane's attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
2. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
3. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
4. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
5. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)