|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have remarried.
(b) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(c) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
(d) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
2. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
(a) He turns the TV off.
(b) He dances.
(c) He plug his ears and say "LLALALALALALALA."
(d) He changes channels.
3. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
(a) Help fight apartheid.
(b) Think kindly of Mr Vercueil.
(c) Give Vercueil some money.
(d) Give the house to Vercueil.
4. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A beating.
(c) A knife fight.
(d) A fire.
5. What does the narrator tell the young boy to do?
(a) To turn himself in.
(b) To go back to school.
(c) To stay the night.
(d) To leave by the back door.
6. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a shoe seller.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a political leader.
(d) He was a dock worker.
7. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
(a) Go for a swim.
(b) Kiss Mr. Vercueil.
(c) Throw the bottle out of the car.
8. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Behki's friend.
9. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
(a) It is terrible.
(b) It is good.
(c) It is too salty.
(d) It is always the same thing.
10. How was Florence dressed in the narrator's dream?
(a) Like a Greek goddess.
(b) Like a white politician.
(c) Like lady liberty.
(d) Like a police officer.
11. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
12. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That she never saw the pistol before.
(b) That the pistol was hers.
(c) That she didn't remember anything.
(d) That the pistol was her maid's.
13. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) The dog.
(b) Her mistakes in life.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her death.
14. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
(a) He brings the TV in the bedroom.
(b) He cleans the pool himself.
(c) He goes and gets the dog.
(d) He brings the radio in the bathroom.
15. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(b) Allow the police to enter.
(c) Leave the dog alone.
(d) Leave her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
2. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
3. What happened on Government Avenue in the narrator's dream in Part four?
4. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
5. What does the narrator think is insane?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)