|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That she wants to die.
(b) That Bheki was arrested.
(c) That Bheki was shot.
(d) That her daughter doesn't like her.
2. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a dock worker.
(b) He was a political leader.
(c) He was a shoe seller.
(d) He was a teacher.
3. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Mrs. Cress.
(b) Mrs. Crosh.
(c) Mrs. Curren.
(d) Mrs. Cam.
4. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
(a) Throws them in the water.
(b) Throws them in the bushes.
(c) Throws them over a cliff.
(d) Puts them in his pocket.
5. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To scenic spots.
(b) To the township.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To the hospital.
6. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A beating.
(c) A knife fight.
(d) A fire.
7. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
(a) People plotting a bank heist.
(b) People trying to find an unidentified white woman.
(c) People calling for the killing of all whites.
8. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
(a) Get her marijuana.
(b) Let the dog sleep with her.
(c) Get her more medicine.
(d) Give her a bath.
9. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she can only continue on foot.
(b) That she must submit to a body scanner.
(c) That she must pay a fee to enter.
(d) That she is not allowed to pass.
10. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
(a) The house of horror.
(b) The house of hate.
(c) The house of shame.
(d) The house of injustice.
11. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
(a) Her insurance does not cover bullet wounds.
(b) Her husband was arrested.
(c) Lawyers are expensive.
(d) Bheki is in trouble.
12. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
(b) A friend of Bheki.
(c) Florence's sister.
(d) Florence's husband.
13. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
(a) Watches the news.
14. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He closes the door.
(b) He shoots at her.
(c) He hides something under the sheets.
(d) He smiles.
15. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
(a) Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
2. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
3. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
4. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
5. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)