|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Go dance.
(b) Go drink.
(c) Continue to drive.
(d) Go home.
2. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
(a) The dog.
(b) Florence and her two daughters.
(c) Her lawyer.
3. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To dance.
(b) To turn the TV off.
(c) To change channels.
(d) To mute the sound.
4. How does the narrator sign one of the letters where she talks about Vercueil?
(a) Mrs. H.
(b) Mrs. C.
(c) Mrs. B.
(d) Mrs. V.
5. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He is a steel worker.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He sells shoes.
(d) He is a dock worker.
6. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her cable box.
(b) Her TV antenna.
(c) Her pool filter.
(d) Her radio antenna.
7. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
8. What does the narrator notice is removed?
(a) A portion of the baseboard.
(b) The wall.
(c) A chair.
(d) A mirror.
9. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
(a) Her nightgown and a blanket.
(b) A shirt and flannel pants.
(c) A long robe.
(d) A dress.
10. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
(a) 6 dead bodies.
(b) 12 dead bodies.
(c) 16 dead bodies.
(d) 8 dead bodies.
11. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
(a) That she would never return.
(b) That she never want to see her again.
(c) That she would return every year.
(d) That she would send her money to bring her to the U.S.
12. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(b) Knocks on the door.
(c) A plane passing above.
(d) Car parking.
13. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
14. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence receives a phone call.
(b) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
(c) Florence is arrested.
(d) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
15. What does Florence tell the narrator?
(a) To make sure her windows are closed.
(b) To stop for cigarette.
(c) Not to stop the car for any reason.
(d) To take her gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think is insane?
2. Who gives the narrator little help after the narrator tries to take her car home?
3. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
4. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
5. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)