|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On her bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In her study.
2. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
(b) Florence and her two daughters.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) The dog.
3. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she wants to burn her car.
(c) That she wants to help.
(d) That she will help the insurrection.
4. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To scenic spots.
(d) To the township.
5. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Go drink.
(b) Continue to drive.
(c) Go dance.
(d) Go home.
6. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
(b) Watches the news.
7. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
(b) People calling for the killing of all whites.
(c) People plotting a bank heist.
(d) People trying to find an unidentified white woman.
8. What does the narrator's medications cause?
9. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
(a) The house of shame.
(b) The house of injustice.
(c) The house of horror.
(d) The house of hate.
10. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That she wants to die.
(b) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(c) That Bheki was shot.
(d) That Bheki was arrested.
11. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
(a) He cleans the pool himself.
(b) He brings the radio in the bathroom.
(c) He goes and gets the dog.
(d) He brings the TV in the bedroom.
12. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her mistakes in life.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her death.
13. What does the narrator notice is removed?
(a) A portion of the baseboard.
(b) A mirror.
(c) The wall.
(d) A chair.
14. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
(b) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(c) Florence is arrested.
(d) Florence receives a phone call.
15. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
(a) Mr. Thabane.
(b) Florence's mother.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think is insane?
2. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
3. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
4. Where are the police officers the narrator talks with?
5. What is the narrator impressed about?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)