|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator's physician?
(a) Dr. Swatt.
(b) Dr. Cobb.
(c) Dr. Syfret.
(d) Dr. Hoom.
2. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
(a) It is too salty.
(b) It is good.
(c) It is terrible.
(d) It is always the same thing.
3. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
(a) The house of hate.
(b) The house of shame.
(c) The house of horror.
(d) The house of injustice.
4. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she will help the insurrection.
(b) That she wants to burn her car.
(c) That she wants to help.
(d) That she wants to go home.
5. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To scenic spots.
(d) To the township.
6. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Mr. Vercueil.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her lawyer.
7. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the narrator's study.
(c) On Florence's bed.
(d) On the kitchen floor.
8. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
(a) A dress.
(b) A shirt and flannel pants.
(c) A long robe.
(d) Her nightgown and a blanket.
9. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Behki's friend.
10. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(b) Florence is arrested.
(c) Florence receives a phone call.
(d) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
11. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) What subjects the narrator taught.
(b) How much money the narrator will leave him.
(c) Why she chose him.
(d) What her daughter's name is.
12. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
(a) His head was split open.
(b) His leg was cut.
(c) His spine was crushed.
(d) His hand was crushed.
13. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
(a) Florence's mother.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Mr. Thabane.
14. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Thabane.
(b) Mr. Bwena.
(c) Mr. Amassa.
(d) Mr. Tima.
15. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To hide from those she wronged.
(b) To protect her from the rain.
(c) To hide that she is white.
(d) To hide that she is wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
2. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
4. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
5. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)