|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To dance.
(b) To turn the TV off.
(c) To change channels.
(d) To mute the sound.
2. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is chief of police.
(b) She is the mayor.
(c) She is driving her employee back home.
(d) She is a lawyer.
3. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He hides something under the sheets.
(b) He shoots at her.
(c) He closes the door.
(d) He smiles.
4. What does the narrator's medications cause?
5. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
(b) Florence's sister.
(c) A friend of Bheki.
(d) Florence's husband.
6. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(b) The police.
7. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
(a) Give Vercueil some money.
(b) Help fight apartheid.
(c) Give the house to Vercueil.
(d) Think kindly of Mr Vercueil.
8. Who gives the narrator little help after the narrator tries to take her car home?
(a) The township inhabitants.
(b) The military.
(c) The white township guards.
(d) The police.
9. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(b) Follow the narrator around.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Play with his dog.
10. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Government Avenue.
(b) Apartheid Avenue.
(c) South Africa Avenue.
(d) Parliament Avenue.
11. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
(a) She is taking her medication.
(b) She is writing.
(c) She is reading.
(d) She is cooking.
12. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
(a) Throws them in the bushes.
(b) Throws them in the water.
(c) Puts them in his pocket.
(d) Throws them over a cliff.
13. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) That she likes being drunk.
(b) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(c) Her cancer.
(d) Changing her will.
14. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That Bheki was shot.
(b) That Bheki was arrested.
(c) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(d) That she wants to die.
15. What is the boy's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
2. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
3. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
4. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
5. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)