|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
(a) She would like to know how to burn her car.
(b) She would like to know about Florence.
(c) She would like to know about the dog.
(d) She would like to know more about Vercueil.
2. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her death.
(b) The dog.
(c) Her mistakes in life.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Amassa.
(b) Mr. Tima.
(c) Mr. Thabane.
(d) Mr. Bwena.
4. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Mrs. Cress.
(b) Mrs. Curren.
(c) Mrs. Crosh.
(d) Mrs. Cam.
5. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go drink.
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go dance.
6. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
(a) Florence and her two daughters.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her lawyer.
7. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
8. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He closes the door.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He shoots at her.
(d) He hides something under the sheets.
9. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
(a) It is terrible.
(b) It is good.
(c) It is too salty.
(d) It is always the same thing.
10. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Allow the police to enter.
(b) Leave her house.
(c) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(d) Leave the dog alone.
11. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
(a) To go to the township.
(b) To go shopping.
(c) To go to the U.S.A.
(d) To go for a drive.
12. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
(a) A shirt and flannel pants.
(b) A dress.
(c) Her nightgown and a blanket.
(d) A long robe.
13. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) What subjects the narrator taught.
(b) How much money the narrator will leave him.
(c) Why she chose him.
(d) What her daughter's name is.
14. What is the boy's name?
15. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
(a) Puts them in his pocket.
(b) Throws them in the water.
(c) Throws them in the bushes.
(d) Throws them over a cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
2. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
3. What happens late at night in Part Three?
4. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
5. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)