|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy's name?
2. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) Her car is broken.
(b) The weather.
(c) The police is staking out the house.
(d) A cold.
3. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(a) The police.
4. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
(a) 8 dead bodies.
(b) 12 dead bodies.
(c) 16 dead bodies.
(d) 6 dead bodies.
5. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
(a) The house of shame.
(b) The house of hate.
(c) The house of injustice.
(d) The house of horror.
6. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
(d) Watches the news.
7. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
8. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
(a) Throws them over a cliff.
(b) Throws them in the bushes.
(c) Puts them in his pocket.
(d) Throws them in the water.
9. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That Bheki was shot.
(b) That she wants to die.
(c) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(d) That Bheki was arrested.
10. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To hide that she is wealthy.
(b) To hide from those she wronged.
(c) To protect her from the rain.
(d) To hide that she is white.
11. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
(a) Lawyers are expensive.
(b) Her insurance does not cover bullet wounds.
(c) Bheki is in trouble.
(d) Her husband was arrested.
12. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On the couch.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In her study.
(d) On her bed.
13. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
(a) Watch the fire burn the house.
(b) Give their money.
(c) Join the army.
14. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) South Africa Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) Apartheid Avenue.
(d) Government Avenue.
15. Who is the narrator's physician?
(a) Dr. Syfret.
(b) Dr. Hoom.
(c) Dr. Cobb.
(d) Dr. Swatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the police tell the narrator?
2. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
3. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
4. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
5. What does the narrator's medications cause?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)