|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Mr. Vercueil.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The dog.
2. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He closes the door.
(b) He hides something under the sheets.
(c) He shoots at her.
(d) He smiles.
3. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
(a) Help finding his mother.
(b) To use the narrator's car.
(c) To use the narrator's gun.
4. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
(a) A knife fight.
(b) A fire.
(c) A beating.
(d) A bomb.
5. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A negotiator's body.
(c) Mr. Vercueil's body.
(d) John's body.
6. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
(c) Fire juice.
7. What does Florence tell the narrator?
(a) To take her gun.
(b) Not to stop the car for any reason.
(c) To stop for cigarette.
(d) To make sure her windows are closed.
8. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she is not allowed to pass.
(b) That she must pay a fee to enter.
(c) That she can only continue on foot.
(d) That she must submit to a body scanner.
9. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
(a) She would like to know about the dog.
(b) She would like to know more about Vercueil.
(c) She would like to know how to burn her car.
(d) She would like to know about Florence.
10. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go for a swim.
(b) Go dance.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go drink.
11. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
(a) He cleans the pool himself.
(b) He goes and gets the dog.
(c) He brings the radio in the bathroom.
(d) He brings the TV in the bedroom.
12. Who gives the narrator little help after the narrator tries to take her car home?
(a) The military.
(b) The township inhabitants.
(c) The police.
(d) The white township guards.
13. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) A plane passing above.
(b) Knocks on the door.
(c) Car parking.
(d) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
14. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is the mayor.
(b) She is driving her employee back home.
(c) She is chief of police.
(d) She is a lawyer.
15. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
(a) She is cooking.
(b) She is writing.
(c) She is taking her medication.
(d) She is reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's name?
2. What is Vercueil curious about?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
4. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
5. How was Florence dressed in the narrator's dream?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)