|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
2. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
(a) His leg was cut.
(b) His spine was crushed.
(c) His head was split open.
(d) His hand was crushed.
3. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she will help the insurrection.
(c) That she wants to burn her car.
(d) That she wants to help.
4. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is arrested.
(b) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(c) Florence receives a phone call.
(d) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
5. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she must submit to a body scanner.
(b) That she is not allowed to pass.
(c) That she must pay a fee to enter.
(d) That she can only continue on foot.
6. What is the boy's name?
7. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) South Africa Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) Apartheid Avenue.
(d) Government Avenue.
8. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(d) The police.
9. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(b) Allow the police to enter.
(c) Leave the dog alone.
(d) Leave her house.
10. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
(a) On the kitchen floor.
(b) In the narrator's study.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) On Florence's bed.
11. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
(a) Think kindly of Mr Vercueil.
(b) Help fight apartheid.
(c) Give the house to Vercueil.
(d) Give Vercueil some money.
12. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
(a) Get her marijuana.
(b) Give her a bath.
(c) Let the dog sleep with her.
(d) Get her more medicine.
13. What is the narrator impressed about?
(a) Mr. Thabane's attire.
(b) Mr. Thabane's speech.
(c) Mr. Thabane's sense of spectacle.
(d) Mr. Thabane's manhood.
14. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
15. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Bwena.
(b) Mr. Amassa.
(c) Mr. Thabane.
(d) Mr. Tima.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
2. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
3. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
4. Where are the police officers the narrator talks with?
5. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)