|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) South Africa Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) Apartheid Avenue.
(d) Government Avenue.
2. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
(a) He changes channels.
(b) He turns the TV off.
(c) He plug his ears and say "LLALALALALALALA."
(d) He dances.
3. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
(a) His head was split open.
(b) His spine was crushed.
(c) His hand was crushed.
(d) His leg was cut.
4. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
5. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That the pistol was her maid's.
(b) That she didn't remember anything.
(c) That the pistol was hers.
(d) That she never saw the pistol before.
6. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is driving her employee back home.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She is chief of police.
(d) She is the mayor.
7. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Mr. Vercueil.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her husband.
8. Who helps the narrator find her way home?
(b) The military.
(d) Mr. Thabane.
9. What does the narrator's medications cause?
10. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He shoots at her.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He hides something under the sheets.
(d) He closes the door.
11. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To the township.
(c) To scenic spots.
(d) To the hospital.
12. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
(b) Watches the news.
13. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
14. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) At a road block.
(c) At a light.
(d) At a gas station.
15. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
(a) John's body.
(b) A negotiator's body.
(c) Mr. Vercueil's body.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about John?
2. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
3. What does the narrator try to do?
4. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
5. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)