|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To dance.
(b) To turn the TV off.
(c) To mute the sound.
(d) To change channels.
2. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
(a) Watch the fire burn the house.
(b) Give their money.
(d) Join the army.
3. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) A cold.
(b) The weather.
(c) Her car is broken.
(d) The police is staking out the house.
4. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
(a) Florence's husband.
(b) Florence's sister.
(c) A friend of Bheki.
5. How was Florence dressed in the narrator's dream?
(a) Like a Greek goddess.
(b) Like a white politician.
(c) Like lady liberty.
(d) Like a police officer.
6. How does the narrator sign one of the letters where she talks about Vercueil?
(a) Mrs. C.
(b) Mrs. B.
(c) Mrs. H.
(d) Mrs. V.
7. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
(a) A 10 year old boy.
(b) An old man.
(c) A 10 year old girl.
(d) A 20 year old boy.
8. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
(a) He brings the TV in the bedroom.
(b) He cleans the pool himself.
(c) He brings the radio in the bathroom.
(d) He goes and gets the dog.
9. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
(a) Get her more medicine.
(b) Get her marijuana.
(c) Let the dog sleep with her.
(d) Give her a bath.
10. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she will help the insurrection.
(c) That she wants to help.
(d) That she wants to burn her car.
11. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
(a) On Florence's bed.
(b) In the narrator's study.
(c) On the kitchen floor.
(d) On the front porch.
12. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(b) Follow the narrator around.
(c) Play with his dog.
(d) Write a letter.
13. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
14. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) A plane passing above.
(b) Car parking.
(c) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(d) Knocks on the door.
15. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
(a) She would like to know more about Vercueil.
(b) She would like to know about Florence.
(c) She would like to know how to burn her car.
(d) She would like to know about the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
2. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
4. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
5. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)