|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
(a) A 10 year old girl.
(b) A 10 year old boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A 20 year old boy.
2. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy cigarettes.
(c) To buy brandy.
(d) To buy whiskey.
3. What is the boy's name?
4. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Leave the dog alone.
(b) Leave her house.
(c) Allow the police to enter.
(d) Allow an officer to pat her down.
5. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her death.
(b) Her mistakes in life.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) The dog.
6. How was Florence dressed in the narrator's dream?
(a) Like a white politician.
(b) Like lady liberty.
(c) Like a police officer.
(d) Like a Greek goddess.
7. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
(a) To use the narrator's gun.
(b) Help finding his mother.
(c) To use the narrator's car.
8. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To dance.
(b) To mute the sound.
(c) To turn the TV off.
(d) To change channels.
9. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
10. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
(a) That the pistol was hers.
(b) That she never saw the pistol before.
(c) That the pistol was her maid's.
(d) That she didn't remember anything.
11. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(a) Play with his dog.
(b) Follow the narrator around.
(d) Write a letter.
12. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
(b) A friend of Bheki.
(c) Florence's husband.
(d) Florence's sister.
13. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Mr. Thabane.
(d) Florence's mother.
14. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she will help the insurrection.
(b) That she wants to burn her car.
(c) That she wants to help.
(d) That she wants to go home.
15. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
(a) He dances.
(b) He plug his ears and say "LLALALALALALALA."
(c) He changes channels.
(d) He turns the TV off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
2. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
3. What does the narrator's medications cause?
4. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
5. What does the police tell the narrator?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)