|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a shoe seller.
(b) He was a dock worker.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a political leader.
2. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Mrs. Cam.
(b) Mrs. Curren.
(c) Mrs. Crosh.
(d) Mrs. Cress.
3. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
(a) 16 dead bodies.
(b) 12 dead bodies.
(c) 8 dead bodies.
(d) 6 dead bodies.
4. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(a) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
(b) The dog biting her.
(c) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
5. What does the narrator think is insane?
(a) The form of comradeship the boys have.
(b) The South African education system.
(c) The way young people can find guns.
(d) The police powers.
6. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To turn the TV off.
(b) To mute the sound.
(c) To dance.
(d) To change channels.
7. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) What subjects the narrator taught.
(b) Why she chose him.
(c) What her daughter's name is.
(d) How much money the narrator will leave him.
8. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To hide that she is white.
(b) To protect her from the rain.
(c) To hide that she is wealthy.
(d) To hide from those she wronged.
9. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
(a) That she had a man in her life.
(b) That she was coming to the U.S.A.
(c) That she had cancer.
(d) That she was well.
10. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
11. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
(a) In the narrator's study.
(b) On Florence's bed.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) On the kitchen floor.
12. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
(a) A police officer.
(b) John's body.
(c) Mr. Vercueil's body.
(d) A negotiator's body.
13. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) That she likes being drunk.
(b) Her cancer.
(c) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(d) Changing her will.
14. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
(a) The dog.
(b) Florence and her two daughters.
(c) Her lawyer.
15. Where does the narrator stop to rest?
(a) On a park bench.
(b) In an alley.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) Under a newspaper booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on Government Avenue in the narrator's dream in Part four?
2. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
3. What does the narrator say about John?
4. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
5. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)