|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
(a) She would like to know about the dog.
(b) She would like to know more about Vercueil.
(c) She would like to know how to burn her car.
(d) She would like to know about Florence.
2. What does the narrator think is insane?
(a) The police powers.
(b) The form of comradeship the boys have.
(c) The South African education system.
(d) The way young people can find guns.
3. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she will help the insurrection.
(c) That she wants to help.
(d) That she wants to burn her car.
4. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
(a) Give the house to Vercueil.
(b) Think kindly of Mr Vercueil.
(c) Help fight apartheid.
(d) Give Vercueil some money.
5. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(a) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
(b) The dog biting her.
(c) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
6. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
(a) The house of horror.
(b) The house of injustice.
(c) The house of hate.
(d) The house of shame.
7. Who gives the narrator little help after the narrator tries to take her car home?
(a) The police.
(b) The military.
(c) The white township guards.
(d) The township inhabitants.
8. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
(a) Her husband was arrested.
(b) Lawyers are expensive.
(c) Bheki is in trouble.
(d) Her insurance does not cover bullet wounds.
9. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her pool filter.
(b) Her cable box.
(c) Her radio antenna.
(d) Her TV antenna.
10. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
11. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Parliament Avenue.
(b) Apartheid Avenue.
(c) South Africa Avenue.
(d) Government Avenue.
12. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Go home.
(b) Continue to drive.
(c) Go drink.
(d) Go dance.
13. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
(a) Give her a bath.
(b) Get her marijuana.
(c) Let the dog sleep with her.
(d) Get her more medicine.
14. How does the narrator sign one of the letters where she talks about Vercueil?
(a) Mrs. V.
(b) Mrs. C.
(c) Mrs. B.
(d) Mrs. H.
15. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her death.
(b) Her mistakes in life.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
2. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
3. What is Vercueil curious about?
4. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
5. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)