|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
(a) He changes channels.
(b) He turns the TV off.
(c) He plug his ears and say "LLALALALALALALA."
(d) He dances.
2. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) A plane passing above.
(b) Knocks on the door.
(c) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(d) Car parking.
3. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
(a) To use the narrator's gun.
(c) To use the narrator's car.
(d) Help finding his mother.
4. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That she wants to die.
(b) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(c) That Bheki was arrested.
(d) That Bheki was shot.
5. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He closes the door.
(b) He hides something under the sheets.
(c) He shoots at her.
(d) He smiles.
6. How does the narrator sign one of the letters where she talks about Vercueil?
(a) Mrs. H.
(b) Mrs. C.
(c) Mrs. B.
(d) Mrs. V.
7. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) The weather.
(b) The police is staking out the house.
(c) A cold.
(d) Her car is broken.
8. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Allow the police to enter.
(b) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(c) Leave her house.
(d) Leave the dog alone.
9. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(a) Follow the narrator around.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Play with his dog.
10. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
(a) On the kitchen floor.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) In the narrator's study.
(d) On Florence's bed.
11. Who picks the narrator up after she wakes up?
(d) The police.
12. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go dance.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go for a swim.
(d) Go drink.
13. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
(a) That she had a man in her life.
(b) That she had cancer.
(c) That she was well.
(d) That she was coming to the U.S.A.
14. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
(a) Fire juice.
15. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) That she likes being drunk.
(b) Her cancer.
(c) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(d) Changing her will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence tell the narrator?
2. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
3. What is the narrator impressed about?
4. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
5. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)