|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) What subjects the narrator taught.
(b) What her daughter's name is.
(c) Why she chose him.
(d) How much money the narrator will leave him.
2. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
(a) A negotiator's body.
(b) Mr. Vercueil's body.
(c) A police officer.
(d) John's body.
3. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) The weather.
(b) A cold.
(c) The police is staking out the house.
(d) Her car is broken.
4. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
(a) At a road block.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) At a light.
(d) At a gas station.
5. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
(b) If she should have remarried.
(c) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
(d) If she should have followed her to the United States.
6. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Kiss Mr. Vercueil.
(d) Throw the bottle out of the car.
7. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
(a) A shirt and flannel pants.
(b) Her nightgown and a blanket.
(c) A long robe.
(d) A dress.
8. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Tima.
(b) Mr. Thabane.
(c) Mr. Bwena.
(d) Mr. Amassa.
9. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That she wants to die.
(b) That Bheki was shot.
(c) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(d) That Bheki was arrested.
10. What does the narrator say about John?
(a) She thinks he has a gun.
(b) She thinks people are after him.
(c) He has suicide thoughts.
(d) He wants to kill police officers.
11. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Call Florence.
(d) Call Mr. Thabane.
12. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
(a) To buy brandy.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To buy whiskey.
(d) To buy cigarettes.
13. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
(a) The house of shame.
(b) The house of hate.
(c) The house of horror.
(d) The house of injustice.
14. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her death.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her mistakes in life.
15. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
(a) He brings the radio in the bathroom.
(b) He cleans the pool himself.
(c) He goes and gets the dog.
(d) He brings the TV in the bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
3. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
4. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
5. What is the narrator's name?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)