|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
(a) Throw the bottle out of the car.
(b) Kiss Mr. Vercueil.
(c) Go for a swim.
2. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
(a) To go to the U.S.A.
(b) To go for a drive.
(c) To go to the township.
(d) To go shopping.
3. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(b) That Bheki was shot.
(c) That she wants to die.
(d) That Bheki was arrested.
4. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
(a) A knife fight.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A fire.
(d) A beating.
5. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
(a) Behki's friend.
(c) Her daughter.
6. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
7. Who is the narrator's physician?
(a) Dr. Syfret.
(b) Dr. Hoom.
(c) Dr. Swatt.
(d) Dr. Cobb.
8. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
(a) She is cooking.
(b) She is writing.
(c) She is taking her medication.
(d) She is reading.
9. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her radio antenna.
(b) Her TV antenna.
(c) Her cable box.
(d) Her pool filter.
10. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
(a) Give their money.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Watch the fire burn the house.
11. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On the couch.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In her study.
(d) On her bed.
12. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
(a) That she was coming to the U.S.A.
(b) That she had cancer.
(c) That she had a man in her life.
(d) That she was well.
13. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
(a) His spine was crushed.
(b) His head was split open.
(c) His hand was crushed.
(d) His leg was cut.
14. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
(a) It is terrible.
(b) It is always the same thing.
(c) It is good.
(d) It is too salty.
15. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(b) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
(c) If she should have remarried.
(d) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
3. What does the narrator think is insane?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
5. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)