|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
(a) That she would send her money to bring her to the U.S.
(b) That she would never return.
(c) That she never want to see her again.
(d) That she would return every year.
2. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
(a) Help finding his mother.
(c) To use the narrator's car.
(d) To use the narrator's gun.
3. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
(b) Fire juice.
4. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) A cold.
(b) The police is staking out the house.
(c) Her car is broken.
(d) The weather.
5. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
6. What does the narrator say about John?
(a) She thinks he has a gun.
(b) She thinks people are after him.
(c) He wants to kill police officers.
(d) He has suicide thoughts.
7. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
(a) Her TV antenna.
(b) Her radio antenna.
(c) Her cable box.
(d) Her pool filter.
8. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
(a) At a gas station.
(b) At a road block.
(c) At a light.
(d) On the side of the road.
9. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
(a) That she wants to help.
(b) That she wants to burn her car.
(c) That she will help the insurrection.
(d) That she wants to go home.
10. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
(b) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(c) If she should have remarried.
(d) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
11. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He closes the door.
(b) He shoots at her.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He hides something under the sheets.
12. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
(a) People plotting a bank heist.
(b) People trying to find an unidentified white woman.
(c) People calling for the killing of all whites.
13. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she is not allowed to pass.
(b) That she can only continue on foot.
(c) That she must submit to a body scanner.
(d) That she must pay a fee to enter.
14. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
(a) Leaving the house.
(b) Getting in the ambulance with John.
(c) Going upstairs.
(d) Following the ambulance with her car.
15. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
(a) Give the house to Vercueil.
(b) Think kindly of Mr Vercueil.
(c) Give Vercueil some money.
(d) Help fight apartheid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
2. What does the narrator refuse to do?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
4. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
5. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)