|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's medications cause?
2. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Parliament Avenue.
(b) South Africa Avenue.
(c) Apartheid Avenue.
(d) Government Avenue.
3. What does the narrator see being taken in an ambulance?
(a) A negotiator's body.
(b) A police officer.
(c) John's body.
(d) Mr. Vercueil's body.
4. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
(a) It is too salty.
(b) It is always the same thing.
(c) It is good.
(d) It is terrible.
5. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) In her study.
(b) On the couch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On her bed.
6. What is the boy's name?
7. Who helps the narrator find her way home?
(a) The military.
(c) Mr. Thabane.
8. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To the township.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To scenic spots.
(d) To the hospital.
9. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That Bheki was arrested.
(b) That Bheki was shot.
(c) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(d) That she wants to die.
10. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
(a) The dog.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) Mr. Vercueil.
11. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
(a) His spine was crushed.
(b) His leg was cut.
(c) His hand was crushed.
(d) His head was split open.
12. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Mrs. Crosh.
(b) Mrs. Cam.
(c) Mrs. Cress.
(d) Mrs. Curren.
13. What does the John do when he sees the narrator?
(a) He closes the door.
(b) He shoots at her.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He hides something under the sheets.
14. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Call Florence.
(c) Call Mr. Thabane.
(d) Call the police.
15. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Continue to drive.
(b) Go drink.
(c) Go dance.
(d) Go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hope her daughter will do after the letters stop?
2. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
3. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
4. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
5. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)