|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
(a) A 10 year old boy.
(b) A 10 year old girl.
(c) An old man.
(d) A 20 year old boy.
2. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) Why she chose him.
(b) What her daughter's name is.
(c) How much money the narrator will leave him.
(d) What subjects the narrator taught.
3. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
(a) To use the narrator's car.
(c) Help finding his mother.
(d) To use the narrator's gun.
4. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Tima.
(b) Mr. Thabane.
(c) Mr. Bwena.
(d) Mr. Amassa.
5. What does the narrator say she is afraid of?
(a) Seeing Vercueil in her dreams.
(b) The dog biting her.
(c) Hearing the national anthem for eternity.
6. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
(a) She is writing.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is reading.
(d) She is taking her medication.
7. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
(a) 8 dead bodies.
(b) 12 dead bodies.
(c) 6 dead bodies.
(d) 16 dead bodies.
8. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
9. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Call Mr. Thabane.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Call Florence.
10. Who helps the narrator find her way home?
(a) The military.
(c) Mr. Thabane.
11. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) The dog.
(c) Her death.
(d) Her mistakes in life.
12. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That she wants to die.
(b) That Bheki was arrested.
(c) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(d) That Bheki was shot.
13. What does the narrator compare aging to?
(a) A long drive with young children.
(b) Riding a bicycle downhill.
(c) A drive with two dogs.
(d) A roller coaster ride.
14. What does Florence tell the narrator?
(a) To take her gun.
(b) Not to stop the car for any reason.
(c) To stop for cigarette.
(d) To make sure her windows are closed.
15. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
(a) That she would never return.
(b) That she would return every year.
(c) That she never want to see her again.
(d) That she would send her money to bring her to the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator impressed about?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
4. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
5. How long does it take for the pharmacy to deliver the narrator's new medication?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)