|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vercueil do while the national anthem plays on the TV?
(a) He dances.
(b) He turns the TV off.
(c) He plug his ears and say "LLALALALALALALA."
(d) He changes channels.
2. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) Car parking.
(b) Knocks on the door.
(c) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(d) A plane passing above.
3. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is a lawyer.
(b) She is driving her employee back home.
(c) She is chief of police.
(d) She is the mayor.
4. What does the narrator think is insane?
(a) The form of comradeship the boys have.
(b) The way young people can find guns.
(c) The South African education system.
(d) The police powers.
5. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To hide that she is wealthy.
(b) To hide that she is white.
(c) To protect her from the rain.
(d) To hide from those she wronged.
6. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go drink.
(b) Go dance.
(c) Go for a swim.
(d) Go home.
7. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her mistakes in life.
(b) Her death.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her daughter.
8. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On her bed.
(b) On the couch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In her study.
9. What does the narrator say about John?
(a) She thinks he has a gun.
(b) He wants to kill police officers.
(c) He has suicide thoughts.
(d) She thinks people are after him.
10. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Amassa.
(b) Mr. Thabane.
(c) Mr. Bwena.
(d) Mr. Tima.
11. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
(a) Lawyers are expensive.
(b) Her husband was arrested.
(c) Bheki is in trouble.
(d) Her insurance does not cover bullet wounds.
12. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To change channels.
(b) To dance.
(c) To mute the sound.
(d) To turn the TV off.
13. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do to help with the pain?
(a) Let the dog sleep with her.
(b) Get her marijuana.
(c) Get her more medicine.
(d) Give her a bath.
14. What does the narrator notice is removed?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A portion of the baseboard.
(c) A chair.
(d) The wall.
15. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He is a dock worker.
(b) He is a steel worker.
(c) He sells shoes.
(d) He is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
2. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to fix?
3. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
4. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
5. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)