|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
(a) The house of shame.
(b) The house of horror.
(c) The house of injustice.
(d) The house of hate.
2. What happened on Government Avenue in the narrator's dream in Part four?
(a) She burns down a Greek temple.
(b) She burns down her house.
(c) She burns down the Parliament.
(d) She meets with her daughter.
3. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
4. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
(a) His leg was cut.
(b) His hand was crushed.
(c) His spine was crushed.
(d) His head was split open.
5. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He is a dock worker.
(b) He is a steel worker.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He sells shoes.
6. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(b) Florence receives a phone call.
(c) Florence is arrested.
(d) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
7. What does the narrator compare aging to?
(a) A drive with two dogs.
(b) A long drive with young children.
(c) A roller coaster ride.
(d) Riding a bicycle downhill.
8. What is the boy's name?
9. What does the narrator think of Vercueil's cooking?
(a) It is terrible.
(b) It is too salty.
(c) It is good.
(d) It is always the same thing.
10. What does the narrator notice is removed?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A portion of the baseboard.
(c) The wall.
(d) A chair.
11. What does the narrator ask Vercueil to do when she hears the national anthem?
(a) To change channels.
(b) To mute the sound.
(c) To dance.
(d) To turn the TV off.
12. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To the township.
(c) To scenic spots.
(d) To the hospital.
13. What does the narrator see inside the building they go to?
(a) 6 dead bodies.
(b) 16 dead bodies.
(c) 12 dead bodies.
(d) 8 dead bodies.
14. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To protect her from the rain.
(b) To hide that she is white.
(c) To hide that she is wealthy.
(d) To hide from those she wronged.
15. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
(a) A dress.
(b) A shirt and flannel pants.
(c) A long robe.
(d) Her nightgown and a blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
3. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
4. Who is the narrator's physician?
5. What does Florence tell the narrator?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)