Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) The rain.
(b) Her can does not run.
(d) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
2. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Burn their own school.
(b) Drive white people out of the township.
(c) Burn a police station.
(d) Fight with white students.
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day writing.
(b) Spends the day cleaning the house.
(c) Spends the day in bed reading.
(d) Spends the day gardening.
4. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Bruises on his arms and legs.
(b) Cuts on his legs.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Head wound.
5. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
(b) Bheki and another boy.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Bheki and two other white boys.
6. What does Florence do with Bheki after the crash?
(a) Buy him a new bike.
(b) Sews his wounds herself.
(c) Talks Bheki out of pressing charges.
(d) Refuses to have an ambulance take care of him.
7. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
(a) To keep the children quiet the next morning.
(b) To send Bheki away.
(c) To leave the house for a week.
(d) To send her daughters away.
8. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
9. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Four years before the events of the book.
(c) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(d) Three years before the events of the book.
10. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late morning.
11. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Plays with them.
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Wets them with a hose.
(d) Tells them to go away.
12. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A video cassette.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A gun.
(d) A political pamphlet.
13. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
(c) To be her driver.
(d) To cook for her.
14. What does the narrator write about?
(b) The Afghan war.
(c) The space race.
(d) The Berlin wall.
15. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
(a) On the kitchen floor.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) On the couch.
(d) On the guest bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
2. What does the narrator see the police do?
3. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
4. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
5. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)