|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
2. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At a chemical plant.
(b) At a car plant.
(c) At an electricity plant.
(d) At a chicken farming plant.
3. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
4. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Bruises on his arms and legs.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Cuts on his legs.
(d) Head wound.
5. What does the narrator write about?
(b) The Berlin wall.
(c) The space race.
(d) The Afghan war.
6. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(a) On edge.
7. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He stops drinking.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He goes to the hospital.
(d) He leaves.
8. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(b) Pay for his gambling habit.
(c) Pay his debts.
9. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A couple of month.
(c) A couple of hours.
(d) A couple of days.
10. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
(a) Terminal cancer.
(b) A heart condition.
11. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of her pain.
(b) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(c) Because of allergies.
(d) Because of her cancer medication.
12. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
13. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To return what he purchased.
(b) To give the unspent money to a charity.
(c) To return the unspent money to her.
(d) To keep the unspent money.
14. Where does the housekeeper live?
15. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
(a) Drawing their guns.
(b) Arresting a black woman.
(c) Following Bheki on his bike.
(d) Parking their car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
2. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
5. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)