|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the housekeeper absent?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
2. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He forgot his car.
(b) He left his dog.
(c) He dug himself a hole.
(d) He left his belongings.
3. Who does the narrator want to bring with Florence and her?
(a) Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Florence's daughters.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her lawyer.
4. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her purse.
(d) He credit card.
5. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
(a) Because she could have a visa for the U.S.A.
(b) Because she needs all the support she can get.
(c) Because if her daughter finds out later she would never forgive the narrator.
(d) Because her daughter is married to an oncologist.
6. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of allergies.
(b) Because of her pain.
(c) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(d) Because of her cancer medication.
7. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(b) That the pool house heats the pool.
(c) That the dog is hers.
(d) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
8. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
(a) Have them put down.
(b) Give them to her sister.
(c) Give them to the homeless man.
(d) Give them to a hospital.
9. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(b) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(c) Her can does not run.
(d) The rain.
10. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because she does not have cash.
(b) Because it fosters laziness.
(c) Because he does not deserve it.
(d) Because it is a bad precedent.
11. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
(a) Fine them.
(b) Attack them.
(c) Drink with them.
(d) Arrest them.
12. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Plays with them.
(b) Tells them to go away.
(c) Yells at them.
(d) Wets them with a hose.
13. What does the narrator see the police do?
(a) Hit Bheki's bike with their door.
(b) Arrest Bheki.
(c) Run over a possum.
(d) Shoot a black man.
14. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To keep the unspent money.
(b) To return what he purchased.
(c) To give the unspent money to a charity.
(d) To return the unspent money to her.
15. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
2. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
3. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
4. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
5. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)