|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Bheki in school?
(a) Because he is a genius that don't need to study.
(b) Because he thinks he can have a college scholarship because of basketball.
(c) Because he thinks the school was created to make him fit in the apartheid system.
(d) Because he wants to join the army.
2. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(a) Pay for his gambling habit.
(d) Pay his debts.
3. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) He credit card.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her wallet.
4. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
5. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He left his dog.
(b) He left his belongings.
(c) He forgot his car.
(d) He dug himself a hole.
6. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
(b) The troubles in the township.
(c) If she wants a puppy.
(d) How her husband is doing.
7. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
(a) Pack his suitcase and throw it out the window.
(b) Push the woman in the pool.
(c) Take the woman and push her out the house.
(d) Take the woman and bring her to the police.
8. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
(a) Following Bheki on his bike.
(b) Drawing their guns.
(c) Arresting a black woman.
(d) Parking their car.
9. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day gardening.
(b) Spends the day in bed reading.
(c) Spends the day writing.
(d) Spends the day cleaning the house.
10. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He stops drinking.
(b) He goes to the hospital.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He sleeps.
11. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Head wound.
(b) Cuts on his legs.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Bruises on his arms and legs.
12. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
(a) A bad meal.
(b) The effects of liquor or drugs.
(c) The effects of his medication.
(d) The flu.
13. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To be her driver.
(b) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To cook for her.
14. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(c) South Central.
(d) The Cape.
15. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The homeless man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
2. What does the narrator write about?
3. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
4. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
5. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)