|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) South Central.
(d) The Cape.
2. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(b) On a boat.
(c) With another woman.
(d) In jail.
3. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A video cassette.
(b) A political pamphlet.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A gun.
4. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Fight with white students.
(b) Burn their own school.
(c) Drive white people out of the township.
(d) Burn a police station.
5. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) Stealing her piano.
(b) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(c) The vandalism.
(d) The burglars where white.
6. What does Florence do after the crash?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Call the parents of Bheki's friend.
(c) Call the hospital where Bheki's friend was sent to.
(d) Call the local chapter of the black panthers.
7. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Bheki and two other white boys.
(c) Bheki and another boy.
8. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the dog is hers.
(b) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
(c) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(d) That the pool house heats the pool.
9. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
(a) Drug withdrawal.
(b) End stage cancer.
(c) Alcohol withdrawal.
(d) Alzheimer's disease.
10. Why isn't Bheki in school?
(a) Because he is a genius that don't need to study.
(b) Because he thinks he can have a college scholarship because of basketball.
(c) Because he thinks the school was created to make him fit in the apartheid system.
(d) Because he wants to join the army.
11. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He dug himself a hole.
(b) He left his belongings.
(c) He left his dog.
(d) He forgot his car.
12. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of her cancer medication.
(b) Because of allergies.
(c) Because of her pain.
(d) Because of the beauty of the coast.
13. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her mother.
14. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
(a) Give them to the homeless man.
(b) Have them put down.
(c) Give them to a hospital.
(d) Give them to her sister.
15. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
2. Where does the housekeeper live?
3. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
4. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)