|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
(a) To go rent a good movie.
(b) To prepare cocoa for everyone.
(c) To send Bheki's friend home.
(d) To go home.
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To cook for her.
(c) To be her driver.
(d) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
3. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
(a) Around noon.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the evening.
4. How long was the housekeeper absent?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 month.
5. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She makes her sick.
(b) She dislikes her habits.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She misses her.
6. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A couple of month.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A couple of hours.
7. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) How her husband is doing.
(b) The troubles in the township.
(c) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
(d) If she wants a puppy.
8. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A black farmer.
(b) An aged woman.
(c) A young man.
(d) A police officer.
9. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
10. What does Florence do with Bheki after the crash?
(a) Buy him a new bike.
(b) Sews his wounds herself.
(c) Refuses to have an ambulance take care of him.
(d) Talks Bheki out of pressing charges.
11. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(a) In jail.
(b) On a boat.
(d) With another woman.
12. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day gardening.
(b) Spends the day writing.
(c) Spends the day in bed reading.
(d) Spends the day cleaning the house.
13. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her mother.
14. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
(a) The police.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The homeless of Cape Town.
15. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) The rain.
(b) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(d) Her can does not run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
2. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
3. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
4. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
5. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)