|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(a) South Central.
(c) The Cape.
2. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A black farmer.
(b) A young man.
(c) An aged woman.
(d) A police officer.
3. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) With respect.
(c) In a condescending manner.
4. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day cleaning the house.
(b) Spends the day gardening.
(c) Spends the day writing.
(d) Spends the day in bed reading.
5. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1980's.
(b) Mid 1990's.
(c) Mid 1970's.
(d) Mid 1960's.
6. What does Florence do after the crash?
(a) Call the hospital where Bheki's friend was sent to.
(b) Call the local chapter of the black panthers.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Call the parents of Bheki's friend.
7. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Cleaning the back yard.
(b) Cleaning the gutters.
(c) Repairing the second floor lights.
(d) Fixing a drainage problem.
8. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
9. What does the narrator write about?
(a) The space race.
(c) The Berlin wall.
(d) The Afghan war.
10. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
(a) Dig a hole.
(b) Work on the lawn mower.
(c) Ride a bicycle.
(d) Clean the pool.
11. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
(a) File a complaint about the police.
(b) Call the mayor's office.
(c) Bring Bheki to a white doctor.
(d) Bring Bheki to the police.
12. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
(a) Pay for legal expenses.
(b) Bring her back home.
(c) Buy her a car.
(d) Drive her to the hospital.
13. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
14. Who does the narrator want to bring with Florence and her?
(a) The dog.
(b) Florence's daughters.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) Mr. Vercueil.
15. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An old friend.
(d) A bystander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
2. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
3. How long was the housekeeper absent?
4. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)