|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
(a) Buy her a car.
(b) Drive her to the hospital.
(c) Pay for legal expenses.
(d) Bring her back home.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Plays with them.
(b) Wets them with a hose.
(c) Tells them to go away.
(d) Yells at them.
3. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
(a) Clean the pool.
(b) Ride a bicycle.
(c) Work on the lawn mower.
(d) Dig a hole.
4. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is the mayor.
(b) She is chief of police.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is driving her employee back home.
5. What does the narrator say about John?
(a) He wants to kill police officers.
(b) She thinks he has a gun.
(c) He has suicide thoughts.
(d) She thinks people are after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
2. Where are the police officers the narrator talks with?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
5. Who does the narrator want to bring with Florence and her?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)