|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the narrator find her way home?
(a) Mr. Thabane.
(c) The military.
2. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
(a) Going upstairs.
(b) Leaving the house.
(c) Getting in the ambulance with John.
(d) Following the ambulance with her car.
3. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Call Florence.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Call Mr. Thabane.
4. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(b) Her can does not run.
(d) The rain.
5. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1960's.
(b) Mid 1980's.
(c) Mid 1970's.
(d) Mid 1990's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vercueil abandon his career at sea?
2. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
3. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
4. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
5. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)