|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator's physician?
(a) Dr. Swatt.
(b) Dr. Hoom.
(c) Dr. Cobb.
(d) Dr. Syfret.
2. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She can understand it.
(b) She condemns it.
(c) She is proud of it.
(d) She wishes to have done it herself.
3. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Thabane.
(b) Mr. Bwena.
(c) Mr. Amassa.
(d) Mr. Tima.
4. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The vandalism.
(b) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(c) The burglars where white.
(d) Stealing her piano.
5. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To hide that she is white.
(b) To protect her from the rain.
(c) To hide from those she wronged.
(d) To hide that she is wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
2. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
3. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
4. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
5. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)