|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) The newspaper and a laptop.
(b) Liquor and a mattress.
(c) A camera and some film.
(d) A pillow and a comic book.
2. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go for a swim.
(b) Go drink.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go dance.
3. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
(c) Watches the news.
4. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of the Vichy regime.
(b) The reality of South African inequalities.
(c) The reality of life in an Empire.
(d) The reality of the Berlin wall.
5. What does Vercueil do instead of what the narrator asked?
(a) He brings the radio in the bathroom.
(b) He goes and gets the dog.
(c) He cleans the pool himself.
(d) He brings the TV in the bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's housekeeper?
2. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
3. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
4. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
5. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)