|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The homeless man.
(d) The neighbor.
2. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He calls her names.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He nods his head.
(d) He laughs.
3. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
(a) She is taking her medication.
(b) She is writing.
(c) She is cooking.
(d) She is reading.
4. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A political pamphlet.
(b) A video cassette.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bicycle.
5. What happened on Government Avenue in the narrator's dream in Part four?
(a) She burns down the Parliament.
(b) She burns down a Greek temple.
(c) She meets with her daughter.
(d) She burns down her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
2. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
3. What does the narrator do while Vercueil and the dog sleep next to her?
4. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
5. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)