|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Three years before the events of the book.
(c) Four years before the events of the book.
(d) Twelve years before the events of the book.
2. What is Vercueil curious about?
(a) Why she chose him.
(b) What subjects the narrator taught.
(c) What her daughter's name is.
(d) How much money the narrator will leave him.
3. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil at the start of Part Two?
(a) Drunk on the couch.
(b) Passed out on the kitchen floor.
(c) In his car.
(d) In the rain.
4. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Call Florence.
(c) Call Mr. Vercueil.
(d) Call Mr. Thabane.
5. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She is proud of it.
(b) She wishes to have done it herself.
(c) She condemns it.
(d) She can understand it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
2. Where are the police officers the narrator talks with?
3. What is the boy's name?
4. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
5. Who does the narrator want to bring with Florence and her?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)