|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see the police do?
(a) Hit Bheki's bike with their door.
(b) Arrest Bheki.
(c) Shoot a black man.
(d) Run over a possum.
2. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a political leader.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a dock worker.
(d) He was a shoe seller.
3. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(a) On a boat.
(b) With another woman.
(d) In jail.
4. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Follow the narrator around.
(d) Play with his dog.
5. How does the narrator sign one of the letters where she talks about Vercueil?
(a) Mrs. B.
(b) Mrs. C.
(c) Mrs. H.
(d) Mrs. V.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
2. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
3. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
4. What is the boy's name?
5. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)