|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator stop to rest?
(a) In an alley.
(b) Under a newspaper booth.
(c) On a park bench.
(d) Under a bridge.
2. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
3. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He sells shoes.
(b) He is a dock worker.
(c) He is a steel worker.
(d) He is a teacher.
4. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She dislikes her habits.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She misses her.
(d) She makes her sick.
5. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(a) Pay for his gambling habit.
(d) Pay his debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens late at night in Part Three?
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
3. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
4. What does the narrator say she would want to know when Vercueil asks about the dream?
5. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)