|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
(a) Throws them over a cliff.
(b) Throws them in the bushes.
(c) Throws them in the water.
(d) Puts them in his pocket.
2. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
(a) Bheki's friend cannot be found in any hospital.
(b) That the Soweto township was in full revolt.
(c) That her husband was fired.
(d) That her application at the university was turned down.
3. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
4. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
(a) People calling for the killing of all whites.
(b) People plotting a bank heist.
(c) People trying to find an unidentified white woman.
5. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of hours.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A couple of month.
(d) A couple of weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
2. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
3. What instrument does the narrator play?
4. What does the narrator refuse to do?
5. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)