|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator reach on the phone?
(a) Mr. Thabane.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Florence's mother.
2. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Leave the dog alone.
(b) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(c) Leave her house.
(d) Allow the police to enter.
3. What does Florence tell the narrator?
(a) To stop for cigarette.
(b) Not to stop the car for any reason.
(c) To make sure her windows are closed.
(d) To take her gun.
4. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A political pamphlet.
(b) A video cassette.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A gun.
5. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
(a) Give their money.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Watch the fire burn the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
2. What do the officers prevent the narrator from doing?
3. Why does Florence bring Bheki back to the house?
4. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
5. What is the boy's name?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)