|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
(b) A man.
2. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Throw the bottle out of the car.
(d) Kiss Mr. Vercueil.
3. What does the narrator try to do?
(a) Call Mr. Vercueil.
(b) Call Mr. Thabane.
(c) Call Florence.
(d) Call the police.
4. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
(a) At a road block.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) At a light.
(d) At a gas station.
5. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a political leader.
(b) He was a dock worker.
(c) He was a shoe seller.
(d) He was a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
2. Why isn't Bheki in school?
3. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
4. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
5. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)