|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) The school is closed.
(b) It is after 5 p.m.
(c) The bus broke down.
(d) It is vacation time.
2. What does Florence do after the crash?
(a) Call the hospital where Bheki's friend was sent to.
(b) Call the parents of Bheki's friend.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Call the local chapter of the black panthers.
3. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
(a) To buy cigarettes.
(b) To buy brandy.
(c) To buy food.
(d) To buy whiskey.
4. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) The homeless man.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) The neighbor.
5. What is the boy's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
2. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
3. Where is John sitting on Page 147?
4. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
5. What does the police tell the narrator?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)