|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(b) Stealing her piano.
(c) The vandalism.
(d) The burglars where white.
2. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she must pay a fee to enter.
(b) That she is not allowed to pass.
(c) That she can only continue on foot.
(d) That she must submit to a body scanner.
3. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Three years before the events of the book.
(c) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(d) Four years before the events of the book.
4. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The police.
(d) Concerned neighbors.
5. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) Knocks on the door.
(b) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(c) A plane passing above.
(d) Car parking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
2. What does the narrator compare aging to?
3. Why do the youth of the township do?
4. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
5. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)