|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) The police is staking out the house.
(b) A cold.
(c) The weather.
(d) Her car is broken.
2. What does the narrator compare aging to?
(a) A long drive with young children.
(b) A roller coaster ride.
(c) Riding a bicycle downhill.
(d) A drive with two dogs.
3. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1990's.
(b) Mid 1980's.
(c) Mid 1970's.
(d) Mid 1960's.
4. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A homeless woman.
5. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
(a) To have the dog sleep outside.
(b) To have the woman leave.
(c) To pack and leave.
(d) To give her her money back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
3. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
4. What does the narrator say about John?
5. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)