|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He sells shoes.
(c) He is a steel worker.
(d) He is a dock worker.
2. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(a) Concerned neighbors.
(b) The police.
(c) The narrator.
3. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
(a) To the township.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To scenic spots.
(d) To the airport.
4. Who does the narrator want to bring with Florence and her?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Florence's daughters.
(c) Mr. Vercueil.
(d) The dog.
5. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
(a) To keep the children quiet the next morning.
(b) To send her daughters away.
(c) To leave the house for a week.
(d) To send Bheki away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
2. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
3. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
4. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
5. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)