|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will find him work.
(b) That she will house him for work.
(c) That he cannot stay.
(d) That she will call the police.
2. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her purse.
(b) He credit card.
(c) Her wallet.
(d) Her jewelry.
3. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(b) That Bheki was arrested.
(c) That she wants to die.
(d) That Bheki was shot.
4. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He stops drinking.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He goes to the hospital.
(d) He leaves.
5. What does the narrator refuse to do?
(a) Leave the dog alone.
(b) Leave her house.
(c) Allow an officer to pat her down.
(d) Allow the police to enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
2. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
4. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
5. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)