|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
(b) How her husband is doing.
(c) If she wants a puppy.
(d) The troubles in the township.
2. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Three years before the events of the book.
(c) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(d) Four years before the events of the book.
3. What is the narrator impressed about?
(a) Mr. Thabane's manhood.
(b) Mr. Thabane's speech.
(c) Mr. Thabane's sense of spectacle.
(d) Mr. Thabane's attire.
4. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is a crime.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) It has no point.
5. What does the narrator compare aging to?
(a) A long drive with young children.
(b) Riding a bicycle downhill.
(c) A roller coaster ride.
(d) A drive with two dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
2. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
3. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
4. Why isn't Bheki in school?
5. What does the narrator refuse to do?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)