|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the narrator play?
(a) The trombone.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The violin.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
(a) Write a letter.
(c) Play with his dog.
(d) Follow the narrator around.
3. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) The bus broke down.
(b) It is after 5 p.m.
(c) It is vacation time.
(d) The school is closed.
4. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
(a) To have the dog sleep outside.
(b) To give her her money back.
(c) To pack and leave.
(d) To have the woman leave.
5. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On the couch.
(b) On her bed.
(c) In her study.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
2. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
3. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
4. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
5. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)