|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
2. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will find him work.
(b) That she will house him for work.
(c) That he cannot stay.
(d) That she will call the police.
3. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the pool house heats the pool.
(b) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(c) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
(d) That the dog is hers.
4. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Thabane.
(b) Mr. Bwena.
(c) Mr. Amassa.
(d) Mr. Tima.
5. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she must pay a fee to enter.
(b) That she is not allowed to pass.
(c) That she can only continue on foot.
(d) That she must submit to a body scanner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
2. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
3. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
4. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
5. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)