|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the keys of the car?
(a) Throws them in the bushes.
(b) Throws them in the water.
(c) Throws them over a cliff.
(d) Puts them in his pocket.
2. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Take a second mortgage.
(b) Rent to students.
(c) Create a bed and breakfast.
(d) Rent to recently released prisoners.
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A young man.
(b) An aged woman.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A black farmer.
4. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
(b) If she wants a puppy.
(c) The troubles in the township.
(d) How her husband is doing.
5. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At a chicken farming plant.
(b) At an electricity plant.
(c) At a chemical plant.
(d) At a car plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
2. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
3. What does the narrator try to do?
4. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
5. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)