|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
(a) To go home.
(b) To prepare cocoa for everyone.
(c) To send Bheki's friend home.
(d) To go rent a good movie.
2. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He is a steel worker.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a dock worker.
(d) He sells shoes.
3. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Government Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) South Africa Avenue.
(d) Apartheid Avenue.
4. What does the narrator and her group stop to watch?
(a) A knife fight.
(b) A fire.
(c) A beating.
(d) A bomb.
5. Where does the police stop the narrator's car?
(a) At a light.
(b) At a gas station.
(c) At a road block.
(d) On the side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
2. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
3. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
4. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
5. What does the narrator say to the young man her and her group meet as she rejects his request?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)