|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
(a) Bach and Beethoven.
(b) Her daughter and Tchaikovsky.
(c) Her daughter and Bach.
(d) Her sister and her brother.
2. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
(a) A cat.
(b) A friend of his.
(c) A woman.
(d) Two dogs.
3. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(a) On a boat.
(c) With another woman.
(d) In jail.
4. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
(a) That her application at the university was turned down.
(b) That her husband was fired.
(c) That the Soweto township was in full revolt.
(d) Bheki's friend cannot be found in any hospital.
5. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of South African inequalities.
(b) The reality of life in an Empire.
(c) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(d) The reality of the Vichy regime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
2. How does the narrator call the house of Parliament?
3. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
5. Why do the youth of the township do?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)