|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
(a) To have the dog sleep outside.
(b) To have the woman leave.
(c) To give her her money back.
(d) To pack and leave.
2. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) A cold.
(b) The weather.
(c) The police is staking out the house.
(d) Her car is broken.
3. Where does Bheki sleep?
(a) The pool house.
(b) The narrator's car.
(c) The guest bedroom.
(d) The backyard shed.
4. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) Liquor and a mattress.
(b) A pillow and a comic book.
(c) The newspaper and a laptop.
(d) A camera and some film.
5. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will house him for work.
(b) That she will call the police.
(c) That he cannot stay.
(d) That she will find him work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
2. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
3. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
4. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
5. What is the name of the homeless man?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)