|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) The police is staking out the house.
(b) The weather.
(c) A cold.
(d) Her car is broken.
2. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her mistakes in life.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The dog.
(d) Her death.
3. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
(a) Her insurance does not cover bullet wounds.
(b) Lawyers are expensive.
(c) Bheki is in trouble.
(d) Her husband was arrested.
4. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
(a) Push the woman in the pool.
(b) Pack his suitcase and throw it out the window.
(c) Take the woman and push her out the house.
(d) Take the woman and bring her to the police.
5. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A long letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A short journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
2. What happens late at night in Part Three?
3. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
4. What does the police tell the narrator?
5. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)