|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To return what he purchased.
(b) To give the unspent money to a charity.
(c) To return the unspent money to her.
(d) To keep the unspent money.
2. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Fixing a drainage problem.
(b) Cleaning the gutters.
(c) Repairing the second floor lights.
(d) Cleaning the back yard.
3. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(b) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
(c) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
(d) If she should have remarried.
4. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
(a) Her insurance does not cover bullet wounds.
(b) Lawyers are expensive.
(c) Her husband was arrested.
(d) Bheki is in trouble.
5. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Government Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) South Africa Avenue.
(d) Apartheid Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
2. What happens late at night in Part Three?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. Who is the narrator of the book?
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)