|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Apartheid Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) South Africa Avenue.
(d) Government Avenue.
2. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a dock worker.
(c) He was a political leader.
(d) He was a shoe seller.
3. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1960's.
(b) Mid 1970's.
(c) Mid 1980's.
(d) Mid 1990's.
4. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
(a) Terminal cancer.
(d) A heart condition.
5. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
(d) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
2. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
3. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
4. What instrument does the narrator play?
5. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)