|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is a lawyer.
(b) She is chief of police.
(c) She is driving her employee back home.
(d) She is the mayor.
2. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
(a) She is writing.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is reading.
(d) She is taking her medication.
3. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go dance.
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Go drink.
(d) Go home.
4. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) The police is staking out the house.
(b) The weather.
(c) A cold.
(d) Her car is broken.
5. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil at the start of Part Two?
(a) In the rain.
(b) Drunk on the couch.
(c) In his car.
(d) Passed out on the kitchen floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
2. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
3. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
4. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
5. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)