|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) The school is closed.
(b) The bus broke down.
(c) It is after 5 p.m.
(d) It is vacation time.
2. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is driving her employee back home.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She is chief of police.
(d) She is the mayor.
3. What does the narrator see the police do?
(a) Shoot a black man.
(b) Hit Bheki's bike with their door.
(c) Run over a possum.
(d) Arrest Bheki.
4. Who does the narrator and her group meet on the way back to the car?
(a) Florence's sister.
(c) A friend of Bheki.
(d) Florence's husband.
5. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(b) Her can does not run.
(c) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(d) The rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
4. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
5. What did the narrator tell her daughter during their last conversation?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)