|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police tell the narrator?
(a) That she can only continue on foot.
(b) That she must submit to a body scanner.
(c) That she must pay a fee to enter.
(d) That she is not allowed to pass.
2. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(a) Pay for his gambling habit.
(c) Pay his debts.
3. What is the boy's name?
4. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a shoe seller.
(b) He was a political leader.
(c) He was a dock worker.
(d) He was a teacher.
5. What is the name of the narrator's housekeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
2. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
4. Why isn't Bheki in school?
5. Who is with the narrator as she drives to the township?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)