|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her wallet.
(d) He credit card.
2. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) The engine starts on fire.
(b) It gets a flat tire.
(c) The engine backfires.
(d) It refuses to start.
3. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(a) Dock worker.
(b) College professor.
(d) Police officer.
4. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) South Central.
(d) The Cape.
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
2. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
3. What does Florence do after the crash?
4. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
5. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)