|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator write about?
(a) The space race.
(b) The Berlin wall.
(d) The Afghan war.
2. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
(a) Her daughter and Bach.
(b) Bach and Beethoven.
(c) Her sister and her brother.
(d) Her daughter and Tchaikovsky.
3. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
4. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) South Central.
(c) The Cape.
5. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) It gets a flat tire.
(b) The engine starts on fire.
(c) The engine backfires.
(d) It refuses to start.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
2. Where does Bheki sleep?
3. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
4. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
5. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)