|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) In a condescending manner.
(b) With respect.
2. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(a) The police.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Concerned neighbors.
3. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(c) Three years before the events of the book.
(d) Four years before the events of the book.
4. Where does the narrator live?
(c) South Africa.
5. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
2. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
3. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)