|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because he does not deserve it.
(b) Because it fosters laziness.
(c) Because it is a bad precedent.
(d) Because she does not have cash.
2. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) Stealing her piano.
(b) The vandalism.
(c) The burglars where white.
(d) The graffiti left on her sofa.
3. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will house him for work.
(b) That he cannot stay.
(c) That she will call the police.
(d) That she will find him work.
4. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Three years before the events of the book.
(c) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(d) Four years before the events of the book.
5. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
(a) To send her daughters away.
(b) To leave the house for a week.
(c) To keep the children quiet the next morning.
(d) To send Bheki away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
2. Where does Bheki sleep?
3. Who does the narrator want to bring with Florence and her?
4. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
5. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)