|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) With respect.
(d) In a condescending manner.
2. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) The Cape.
(d) South Central.
3. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
(a) Clean the pool.
(b) Dig a hole.
(c) Work on the lawn mower.
(d) Ride a bicycle.
4. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At a chicken farming plant.
(b) At a car plant.
(c) At an electricity plant.
(d) At a chemical plant.
5. Why does Florence bring Bheki back to the house?
(a) She does not want to be involved with the police.
(b) She does not have insurance.
(c) She is sought by police.
(d) Her son could be fined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
2. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
3. Where does Bheki sleep?
4. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
5. Where does the narrator live?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)