|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
(a) Give them to the homeless man.
(b) Give them to her sister.
(c) Have them put down.
(d) Give them to a hospital.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He stops drinking.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He goes to the hospital.
(d) He sleeps.
3. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Burn a police station.
(b) Fight with white students.
(c) Drive white people out of the township.
(d) Burn their own school.
4. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) He credit card.
(b) Her wallet.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her purse.
5. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Around noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
2. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
3. What instrument does the narrator play?
4. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
5. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)