|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) In a condescending manner.
(d) With respect.
2. What does the narrator see the police do?
(a) Run over a possum.
(b) Shoot a black man.
(c) Hit Bheki's bike with their door.
(d) Arrest Bheki.
3. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will call the police.
(b) That she will find him work.
(c) That he cannot stay.
(d) That she will house him for work.
4. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
(a) Near her garage.
(b) Near her neighbor's house
(c) Near the grocery store.
(d) Near her pool.
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
(a) Everything she has in her purse.
(b) 150 Rands.
(c) 50 Rands.
(d) 20 rands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
2. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
3. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
4. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
5. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)