|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
(a) Dig a hole.
(b) Ride a bicycle.
(c) Work on the lawn mower.
(d) Clean the pool.
2. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of allergies.
(b) Because of her cancer medication.
(c) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(d) Because of her pain.
3. What does the narrator say about the media?
(a) They do not cover the last South African gold medalist at the Olympics.
(b) They do not print the letter she sent them.
(c) They do not cover what happens in the townships.
(d) They only cover reality TV.
4. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(b) The reality of South African inequalities.
(c) The reality of life in an Empire.
(d) The reality of the Vichy regime.
5. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it is a bad precedent.
(b) Because she does not have cash.
(c) Because he does not deserve it.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
2. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
4. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
5. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)