|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is a crime.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It has no point.
(d) It is disrespectful.
2. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to light any fires.
(b) To leave the following morning.
(c) To come inside to sleep.
(d) Not to urinate in the yard.
3. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the dog is hers.
(b) That the pool house heats the pool.
(c) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(d) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
4. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
(a) Because if her daughter finds out later she would never forgive the narrator.
(b) Because she could have a visa for the U.S.A.
(c) Because her daughter is married to an oncologist.
(d) Because she needs all the support she can get.
5. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
(a) Attack them.
(b) Drink with them.
(c) Fine them.
(d) Arrest them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the housekeeper live?
2. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
4. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
5. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)