|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to urinate in the yard.
(b) Not to light any fires.
(c) To come inside to sleep.
(d) To leave the following morning.
2. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(c) The rain.
(d) Her can does not run.
3. What does Florence do after the crash?
(a) Call the hospital where Bheki's friend was sent to.
(b) Call the parents of Bheki's friend.
(c) Call the local chapter of the black panthers.
(d) Call the police.
4. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
(a) Bring her back home.
(b) Buy her a car.
(c) Pay for legal expenses.
(d) Drive her to the hospital.
5. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(b) Because of allergies.
(c) Because of her pain.
(d) Because of her cancer medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
2. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
3. What is the name of the homeless man?
4. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
5. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)