|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
(a) The effects of liquor or drugs.
(b) A bad meal.
(c) The effects of his medication.
(d) The flu.
2. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(b) On edge.
3. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Late morning.
4. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because he does not deserve it.
(b) Because she does not have cash.
(c) Because it is a bad precedent.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
5. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
2. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
3. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
4. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
5. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)