|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see the police do?
(a) Arrest Bheki.
(b) Run over a possum.
(c) Shoot a black man.
(d) Hit Bheki's bike with their door.
2. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) It gets a flat tire.
(b) The engine starts on fire.
(c) The engine backfires.
(d) It refuses to start.
3. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of the Vichy regime.
(b) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(c) The reality of life in an Empire.
(d) The reality of South African inequalities.
4. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He dug himself a hole.
(b) He left his dog.
(c) He forgot his car.
(d) He left his belongings.
5. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) With respect.
(d) In a condescending manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
2. What does the narrator write about?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)