|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A black farmer.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A young man.
(d) An aged woman.
2. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
(a) To give her her money back.
(b) To pack and leave.
(c) To have the dog sleep outside.
(d) To have the woman leave.
3. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She misses her.
(c) She makes her sick.
(d) She dislikes her habits.
4. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to urinate in the yard.
(b) To come inside to sleep.
(c) Not to light any fires.
(d) To leave the following morning.
5. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Drink with them.
(c) Fine them.
(d) Attack them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
2. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
3. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
4. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
5. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)