|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's housekeeper?
2. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He dug himself a hole.
(b) He left his belongings.
(c) He left his dog.
(d) He forgot his car.
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Yells at them.
(b) Tells them to go away.
(c) Plays with them.
(d) Wets them with a hose.
4. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It has no point.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is a crime.
5. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She dislikes her habits.
(c) She makes her sick.
(d) She misses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
2. Where does the narrator live?
3. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
4. What does Florence do with Bheki after the crash?
5. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)