|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 56-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see the police do?
(a) Run over a possum.
(b) Hit Bheki's bike with their door.
(c) Shoot a black man.
(d) Arrest Bheki.
2. Why does Florence bring Bheki back to the house?
(a) She does not want to be involved with the police.
(b) She does not have insurance.
(c) Her son could be fined.
(d) She is sought by police.
3. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She dislikes her habits.
(b) She makes her sick.
(c) She misses her.
(d) She hates her.
4. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
(a) Push the woman in the pool.
(b) Pack his suitcase and throw it out the window.
(c) Take the woman and bring her to the police.
(d) Take the woman and push her out the house.
5. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(a) The police.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Concerned neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
2. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
3. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
4. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
5. What is the name of the homeless man?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)