|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(a) Concerned neighbors.
(b) The police.
(c) The narrator.
2. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It has no point.
(c) It is a crime.
(d) It is necessary.
3. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(a) In a condescending manner.
(b) With respect.
4. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
(c) A man.
5. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
(a) A bystander.
(b) An old friend.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
2. What instrument does the narrator play?
3. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
4. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
5. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)