|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day cleaning the house.
(b) Spends the day in bed reading.
(c) Spends the day writing.
(d) Spends the day gardening.
2. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will call the police.
(b) That he cannot stay.
(c) That she will find him work.
(d) That she will house him for work.
3. What does the narrator write about?
(a) The space race.
(b) The Afghan war.
(c) The Berlin wall.
4. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(a) Pay his debts.
(b) Pay for his gambling habit.
5. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the dog is hers.
(b) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
(c) That the pool house heats the pool.
(d) That the homeless man owns the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
2. Who is the narrator of the book?
3. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
4. How long was the housekeeper absent?
5. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)