|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
2. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Fight with white students.
(b) Drive white people out of the township.
(c) Burn their own school.
(d) Burn a police station.
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An aged woman.
(c) A black farmer.
(d) A young man.
4. What does the narrator say about the media?
(a) They do not cover what happens in the townships.
(b) They only cover reality TV.
(c) They do not cover the last South African gold medalist at the Olympics.
(d) They do not print the letter she sent them.
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He goes to the hospital.
(b) He stops drinking.
(c) He sleeps.
(d) He leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
2. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
3. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
4. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
5. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)