|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of life in an Empire.
(b) The reality of South African inequalities.
(c) The reality of the Vichy regime.
(d) The reality of the Berlin wall.
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
(a) To send Bheki's friend home.
(b) To prepare cocoa for everyone.
(c) To go home.
(d) To go rent a good movie.
3. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
4. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) It is vacation time.
(b) The school is closed.
(c) The bus broke down.
(d) It is after 5 p.m.
5. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(a) Late morning.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
2. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
3. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
4. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
5. Where does the housekeeper live?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)