|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
2. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She misses her.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She makes her sick.
(d) She dislikes her habits.
3. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(a) Pay his debts.
(d) Pay for his gambling habit.
4. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She wishes to have done it herself.
(b) She is proud of it.
(c) She can understand it.
(d) She condemns it.
5. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) Liquor and a mattress.
(b) A pillow and a comic book.
(c) A camera and some film.
(d) The newspaper and a laptop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
2. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. How long was the housekeeper absent?
5. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)