|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Late morning.
(d) Early morning.
2. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it is a bad precedent.
(b) Because he does not deserve it.
(c) Because she does not have cash.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
3. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will call the police.
(b) That she will find him work.
(c) That he cannot stay.
(d) That she will house him for work.
4. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
(a) Bach and Beethoven.
(b) Her sister and her brother.
(c) Her daughter and Bach.
(d) Her daughter and Tchaikovsky.
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
2. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
3. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
4. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
5. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)