|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(c) On edge.
2. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) The engine starts on fire.
(b) It gets a flat tire.
(c) The engine backfires.
(d) It refuses to start.
3. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because he does not deserve it.
(b) Because it fosters laziness.
(c) Because it is a bad precedent.
(d) Because she does not have cash.
4. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
(a) Terminal cancer.
(c) A heart condition.
5. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(b) Pay for his gambling habit.
(c) Pay his debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
2. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
3. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
4. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
5. What does the narrator write about?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)