|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it fosters laziness.
(b) Because he does not deserve it.
(c) Because she does not have cash.
(d) Because it is a bad precedent.
2. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
3. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her sister.
4. What is the name of the narrator's housekeeper?
5. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A book.
(b) A long letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
2. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
3. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
4. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
5. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)