|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A gun.
(b) A political pamphlet.
(c) A video cassette.
(d) A bicycle.
2. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her wallet.
(d) He credit card.
3. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of month.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A couple of hours.
4. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He calls her names.
(d) He nods his head.
5. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At an electricity plant.
(b) At a car plant.
(c) At a chicken farming plant.
(d) At a chemical plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
2. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
3. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
4. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
5. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)