|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) He credit card.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her purse.
2. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(b) With another woman.
(c) On a boat.
(d) In jail.
3. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Drive white people out of the township.
(b) Burn their own school.
(c) Burn a police station.
(d) Fight with white students.
4. What does the narrator write about?
(a) The Berlin wall.
(b) The space race.
(d) The Afghan war.
5. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
2. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
3. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
4. Where does the housekeeper live?
5. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)