|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
(a) 20 rands.
(b) Everything she has in her purse.
(c) 150 Rands.
(d) 50 Rands.
2. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
(a) Her daughter and Bach.
(b) Her sister and her brother.
(c) Bach and Beethoven.
(d) Her daughter and Tchaikovsky.
3. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
(a) Clean the pool.
(b) Work on the lawn mower.
(c) Ride a bicycle.
(d) Dig a hole.
4. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The police.
(d) Concerned neighbors.
5. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her wallet.
(c) Her purse.
(d) He credit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
2. Where does the narrator live?
3. How long was the housekeeper absent?
4. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
5. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)