|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She misses her.
(b) She makes her sick.
(c) She dislikes her habits.
(d) She hates her.
2. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because she does not have cash.
(b) Because it fosters laziness.
(c) Because he does not deserve it.
(d) Because it is a bad precedent.
3. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
4. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of life in an Empire.
(b) The reality of the Vichy regime.
(c) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(d) The reality of South African inequalities.
5. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
(b) To be her driver.
(c) To cook for her.
(d) To marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
2. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
3. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
4. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
5. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)