|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1970's.
(b) Mid 1990's.
(c) Mid 1960's.
(d) Mid 1980's.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He goes to the hospital.
(d) He stops drinking.
3. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She is proud of it.
(b) She wishes to have done it herself.
(c) She can understand it.
(d) She condemns it.
4. What is the name of the homeless man?
(a) Mr Clown.
(b) Mr Clack.
(c) Mr Vercueil.
(d) Mr Auteille.
5. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Three years before the events of the book.
(b) Four years before the events of the book.
(c) Five years before the events of the book.
(d) Twelve years before the events of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
2. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
3. Why do the youth of the township do?
4. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
5. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)