|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) The troubles in the township.
(b) If she wants a puppy.
(c) How her husband is doing.
(d) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
2. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Burn their own school.
(b) Fight with white students.
(c) Drive white people out of the township.
(d) Burn a police station.
3. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
4. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) It refuses to start.
(b) The engine starts on fire.
(c) It gets a flat tire.
(d) The engine backfires.
5. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At a car plant.
(b) At an electricity plant.
(c) At a chemical plant.
(d) At a chicken farming plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
3. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
4. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
5. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)