|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Tells them to go away.
(b) Plays with them.
(c) Wets them with a hose.
(d) Yells at them.
2. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
3. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
(a) To send Bheki away.
(b) To keep the children quiet the next morning.
(c) To leave the house for a week.
(d) To send her daughters away.
4. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) It is after 5 p.m.
(b) The school is closed.
(c) It is vacation time.
(d) The bus broke down.
5. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
2. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
3. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
4. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
5. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)