|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because he does not deserve it.
(b) Because it fosters laziness.
(c) Because it is a bad precedent.
(d) Because she does not have cash.
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
(a) To keep the children quiet the next morning.
(b) To send her daughters away.
(c) To send Bheki away.
(d) To leave the house for a week.
3. Where does the narrator live?
(c) South Africa.
4. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
(a) Give them to the homeless man.
(b) Have them put down.
(c) Give them to her sister.
(d) Give them to a hospital.
5. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) A pillow and a comic book.
(b) A camera and some film.
(c) Liquor and a mattress.
(d) The newspaper and a laptop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
2. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
3. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
4. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
5. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)