|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) To come inside to sleep.
(b) Not to light any fires.
(c) Not to urinate in the yard.
(d) To leave the following morning.
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To cook for her.
(b) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To be her driver.
3. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of her pain.
(b) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(c) Because of allergies.
(d) Because of her cancer medication.
4. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A homeless woman.
(d) Her daughter.
5. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(b) Her can does not run.
(c) The rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
2. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
3. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
4. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
5. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)