|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because he does not deserve it.
(b) Because it is a bad precedent.
(c) Because she does not have cash.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
2. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(c) In a condescending manner.
(d) With respect.
3. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(c) Pay his debts.
(d) Pay for his gambling habit.
4. What instrument does the narrator play?
(b) The trombone.
(c) The violin.
(d) The guitar.
5. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to light any fires.
(b) To leave the following morning.
(c) To come inside to sleep.
(d) Not to urinate in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
3. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
4. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)