|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) He credit card.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her jewelry.
2. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The homeless man.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Take a second mortgage.
(b) Create a bed and breakfast.
(c) Rent to recently released prisoners.
(d) Rent to students.
4. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
5. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To be her driver.
(c) To cook for her.
(d) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
2. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
3. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
4. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
5. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)