|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) Late morning.
2. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her mother.
3. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of her pain.
(b) Because of her cancer medication.
(c) Because of allergies.
(d) Because of the beauty of the coast.
4. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A young man.
(c) An aged woman.
(d) A black farmer.
5. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) He credit card.
(d) Her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
2. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
3. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
4. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
5. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)