|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) The Cape.
(c) South Central.
2. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Rent to students.
(b) Rent to recently released prisoners.
(c) Create a bed and breakfast.
(d) Take a second mortgage.
3. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The homeless man.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) Her daughter.
4. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To return what he purchased.
(b) To keep the unspent money.
(c) To give the unspent money to a charity.
(d) To return the unspent money to her.
5. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is a crime.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) It has no point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
2. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
4. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
5. Where does the narrator live?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)