|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will house him for work.
(b) That he cannot stay.
(c) That she will find him work.
(d) That she will call the police.
2. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) The rain.
(b) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(c) Her can does not run.
3. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is a crime.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) It has no point.
(d) It is necessary.
4. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He left his belongings.
(b) He dug himself a hole.
(c) He forgot his car.
(d) He left his dog.
5. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The burglars where white.
(b) The vandalism.
(c) Stealing her piano.
(d) The graffiti left on her sofa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
2. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
3. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
4. What does the narrator write about?
5. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)