|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
2. What instrument does the narrator play?
(a) The trombone.
(b) The violin.
(c) The guitar.
3. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) An old friend.
(c) A bystander.
(d) A police officer.
4. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) An aged woman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A black farmer.
(d) A young man.
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
(a) 50 Rands.
(b) 20 rands.
(c) Everything she has in her purse.
(d) 150 Rands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
2. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
3. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
4. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
5. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)