|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To keep the unspent money.
(b) To return the unspent money to her.
(c) To return what he purchased.
(d) To give the unspent money to a charity.
2. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) An aged woman.
(b) A young man.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A black farmer.
3. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He nods his head.
(c) He calls her names.
(d) He laughs.
4. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
5. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Three years before the events of the book.
(c) Four years before the events of the book.
(d) Twelve years before the events of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
2. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
3. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
4. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
5. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)