|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
(a) The homeless of Cape Town.
(c) The police.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will find him work.
(b) That she will house him for work.
(c) That she will call the police.
(d) That he cannot stay.
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day in bed reading.
(b) Spends the day gardening.
(c) Spends the day writing.
(d) Spends the day cleaning the house.
4. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
(a) Near her garage.
(b) Near her neighbor's house
(c) Near her pool.
(d) Near the grocery store.
5. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) Liquor and a mattress.
(b) The newspaper and a laptop.
(c) A pillow and a comic book.
(d) A camera and some film.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
2. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
5. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)