|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) An old friend.
(d) A bystander.
2. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(a) South Central.
(d) The Cape.
3. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A book.
(b) A poem.
(c) A long letter.
(d) A short journal.
4. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because she does not have cash.
(b) Because it is a bad precedent.
(c) Because it fosters laziness.
(d) Because he does not deserve it.
5. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) The homeless man.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
2. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
4. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
5. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)