|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) The engine starts on fire.
(b) It refuses to start.
(c) The engine backfires.
(d) It gets a flat tire.
2. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it is a bad precedent.
(b) Because he does not deserve it.
(c) Because she does not have cash.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
3. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(b) With respect.
(d) In a condescending manner.
4. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She makes her sick.
(b) She misses her.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She dislikes her habits.
5. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1990's.
(b) Mid 1960's.
(c) Mid 1970's.
(d) Mid 1980's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
2. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
3. What instrument does the narrator play?
4. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
5. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)