|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will find him work.
(b) That he cannot stay.
(c) That she will house him for work.
(d) That she will call the police.
2. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) A camera and some film.
(b) A pillow and a comic book.
(c) The newspaper and a laptop.
(d) Liquor and a mattress.
3. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because he does not deserve it.
(b) Because she does not have cash.
(c) Because it fosters laziness.
(d) Because it is a bad precedent.
4. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He calls her names.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He nods his head.
5. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of her cancer medication.
(b) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(c) Because of allergies.
(d) Because of her pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
2. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
3. What instrument does the narrator play?
4. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
5. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)