|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) A homeless woman.
(d) Her sister.
2. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
(a) 150 Rands.
(b) Everything she has in her purse.
(c) 20 rands.
(d) 50 Rands.
3. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of her cancer medication.
(b) Because of her pain.
(c) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(d) Because of allergies.
4. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day cleaning the house.
(b) Spends the day in bed reading.
(c) Spends the day gardening.
(d) Spends the day writing.
5. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Rent to students.
(b) Take a second mortgage.
(c) Create a bed and breakfast.
(d) Rent to recently released prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
2. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
3. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
4. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
5. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)