|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1980's.
(b) Mid 1970's.
(c) Mid 1990's.
(d) Mid 1960's.
2. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
(a) In the morning.
(b) Around noon.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the evening.
3. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) The engine backfires.
(b) It gets a flat tire.
(c) The engine starts on fire.
(d) It refuses to start.
4. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To be her driver.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To cook for her.
(d) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
5. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A homeless woman.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
2. What does the narrator write about?
3. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
4. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
5. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)