|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
(a) Her sister and her brother.
(b) Bach and Beethoven.
(c) Her daughter and Tchaikovsky.
(d) Her daughter and Bach.
2. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A homeless woman.
(d) Her daughter.
3. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
(a) In the evening.
(b) Around noon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of life in an Empire.
(b) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(c) The reality of South African inequalities.
(d) The reality of the Vichy regime.
5. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Three years before the events of the book.
(b) Five years before the events of the book.
(c) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(d) Four years before the events of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
2. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
3. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
4. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
5. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)