|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(b) With another woman.
(c) In jail.
(d) On a boat.
2. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
3. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
4. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A black farmer.
(c) An aged woman.
(d) A young man.
5. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Rent to recently released prisoners.
(b) Rent to students.
(c) Create a bed and breakfast.
(d) Take a second mortgage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
2. What does the narrator write about?
3. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
4. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
5. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)