|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
2. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A book.
(c) A long letter.
(d) A short journal.
3. What instrument does the narrator play?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The violin.
(d) The trombone.
4. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
(b) Terminal cancer.
(d) A heart condition.
5. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of South African inequalities.
(b) The reality of the Vichy regime.
(c) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(d) The reality of life in an Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator live?
2. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
3. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
4. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
5. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)