|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) It gets a flat tire.
(b) The engine backfires.
(c) The engine starts on fire.
(d) It refuses to start.
2. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The burglars where white.
(b) The vandalism.
(c) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(d) Stealing her piano.
3. Where does the narrator live?
(d) South Africa.
4. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A short journal.
(c) A long letter.
(d) A book.
5. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
(b) The homeless of Cape Town.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the book?
2. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
3. What does the narrator write about?
4. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
5. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)