|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That he cannot stay.
(b) That she will find him work.
(c) That she will call the police.
(d) That she will house him for work.
2. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Take a second mortgage.
(b) Rent to recently released prisoners.
(c) Create a bed and breakfast.
(d) Rent to students.
3. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Fixing a drainage problem.
(b) Cleaning the gutters.
(c) Cleaning the back yard.
(d) Repairing the second floor lights.
4. What does the narrator write about?
(a) The space race.
(c) The Berlin wall.
(d) The Afghan war.
5. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
2. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
3. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
4. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
5. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)