|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A couple of hours.
(d) A couple of month.
2. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
(a) Near her neighbor's house
(b) Near her garage.
(c) Near her pool.
(d) Near the grocery store.
3. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the pool house heats the pool.
(b) That the dog is hers.
(c) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
(d) That the homeless man owns the dog.
4. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
5. Where does the narrator live?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
2. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
3. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
4. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
5. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)