|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1980's.
(b) Mid 1960's.
(c) Mid 1990's.
(d) Mid 1970's.
2. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A short journal.
(c) A book.
(d) A long letter.
3. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(a) On a boat.
(b) With another woman.
(d) In jail.
4. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) The engine backfires.
(b) The engine starts on fire.
(c) It refuses to start.
(d) It gets a flat tire.
5. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He left his belongings.
(b) He dug himself a hole.
(c) He left his dog.
(d) He forgot his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
2. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
3. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
4. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
5. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)