|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
2. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That he cannot stay.
(b) That she will house him for work.
(c) That she will call the police.
(d) That she will find him work.
3. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A long letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A short journal.
(d) A poem.
4. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The homeless of Cape Town.
(d) The police.
5. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of month.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) A couple of hours.
(d) A couple of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
2. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
3. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
4. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
5. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)