|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the narrator play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The trombone.
2. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
3. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
(a) Take a second mortgage.
(b) Rent to students.
(c) Rent to recently released prisoners.
(d) Create a bed and breakfast.
4. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
(b) That the pool house heats the pool.
(c) That the dog is hers.
(d) That the homeless man owns the dog.
5. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because she does not have cash.
(b) Because it is a bad precedent.
(c) Because he does not deserve it.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
2. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
3. What does the narrator write about?
4. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
5. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)