|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) The Cape.
(c) South Central.
2. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A book.
(b) A poem.
(c) A long letter.
(d) A short journal.
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day writing.
(b) Spends the day gardening.
(c) Spends the day in bed reading.
(d) Spends the day cleaning the house.
4. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) Her can does not run.
(c) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(d) The rain.
5. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He calls her names.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He nods his head.
(d) He slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
2. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
5. What does the narrator write about?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)