|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her purse.
(c) He credit card.
(d) Her wallet.
2. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of South African inequalities.
(b) The reality of life in an Empire.
(c) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(d) The reality of the Vichy regime.
3. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Three years before the events of the book.
(b) Four years before the events of the book.
(c) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(d) Five years before the events of the book.
4. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1980's.
(b) Mid 1960's.
(c) Mid 1970's.
(d) Mid 1990's.
5. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) It gets a flat tire.
(b) It refuses to start.
(c) The engine starts on fire.
(d) The engine backfires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
3. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
4. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
5. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)