|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, p. 15-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her purse.
(d) He credit card.
2. What disease is the narrator diagnosed with?
(b) Terminal cancer.
(d) A heart condition.
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A black farmer.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An aged woman.
(d) A young man.
4. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) It refuses to start.
(b) The engine backfires.
(c) It gets a flat tire.
(d) The engine starts on fire.
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
(a) 50 Rands.
(b) 20 rands.
(c) 150 Rands.
(d) Everything she has in her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
2. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
3. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
4. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
5. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)