Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
(a) Pay for legal expenses.
(b) Drive her to the hospital.
(c) Bring her back home.
(d) Buy her a car.
2. Why does Vercueil go into the store?
(a) To buy whiskey.
(b) To buy cigarettes.
(c) To buy food.
(d) To buy brandy.
3. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Government Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) South Africa Avenue.
(d) Apartheid Avenue.
4. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He dug himself a hole.
(b) He left his belongings.
(c) He forgot his car.
(d) He left his dog.
5. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(b) Five years before the events of the book.
(c) Four years before the events of the book.
(d) Three years before the events of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
2. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
3. What does Florence learn late at night in Part Three?
4. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)