|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is a crime.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It has no point.
(d) It is disrespectful.
2. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil?
(a) That she wants to die.
(b) That her daughter doesn't like her.
(c) That Bheki was arrested.
(d) That Bheki was shot.
3. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(a) College professor.
(b) Police officer.
(d) Dock worker.
4. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will call the police.
(b) That he cannot stay.
(c) That she will house him for work.
(d) That she will find him work.
5. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
(a) Push the woman in the pool.
(b) Take the woman and push her out the house.
(c) Pack his suitcase and throw it out the window.
(d) Take the woman and bring her to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
2. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
3. How long was the housekeeper absent?
4. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
5. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)