|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
(a) She is a lawyer.
(b) She is chief of police.
(c) She is driving her employee back home.
(d) She is the mayor.
2. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
(a) That the Soweto township was in full revolt.
(b) That her application at the university was turned down.
(c) Bheki's friend cannot be found in any hospital.
(d) That her husband was fired.
3. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She condemns it.
(b) She wishes to have done it herself.
(c) She can understand it.
(d) She is proud of it.
4. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
5. What is the boy's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wear as she walks down the street?
2. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
3. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
4. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
5. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)