|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator impressed about?
(a) Mr. Thabane's speech.
(b) Mr. Thabane's manhood.
(c) Mr. Thabane's sense of spectacle.
(d) Mr. Thabane's attire.
2. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Fight with white students.
(b) Drive white people out of the township.
(c) Burn their own school.
(d) Burn a police station.
3. Who does the narrator try to wake up?
(a) The dog.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Mr. Vercueil.
4. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
(a) Her death.
(b) The dog.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her mistakes in life.
5. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
(a) To protect her from the rain.
(b) To hide from those she wronged.
(c) To hide that she is white.
(d) To hide that she is wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
2. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
3. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
4. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
5. What does the narrator tell the inspector investigating the shooting?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)