|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) A cat.
(c) A friend of his.
(d) A woman.
2. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
3. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
(a) Bring Bheki to the police.
(b) File a complaint about the police.
(c) Bring Bheki to a white doctor.
(d) Call the mayor's office.
4. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to urinate in the yard.
(b) To come inside to sleep.
(c) Not to light any fires.
(d) To leave the following morning.
5. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it is a bad precedent.
(b) Because he does not deserve it.
(c) Because she does not have cash.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
2. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
3. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
4. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
5. What does the narrator tell the young boy to do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)