|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
(a) Go for a swim.
(c) Throw the bottle out of the car.
(d) Kiss Mr. Vercueil.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
(a) The effects of his medication.
(b) A bad meal.
(c) The effects of liquor or drugs.
(d) The flu.
3. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Repairing the second floor lights.
(b) Cleaning the back yard.
(c) Cleaning the gutters.
(d) Fixing a drainage problem.
4. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Cuts on his legs.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Bruises on his arms and legs.
(d) Head wound.
5. What does the narrator hear as she makes her way to the door?
(a) Voices outside the kitchen doors.
(b) A plane passing above.
(c) Car parking.
(d) Knocks on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Florence bring Bheki back to the house?
2. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
3. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
4. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
5. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)