|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 147-176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because she does not have cash.
(b) Because he does not deserve it.
(c) Because it is a bad precedent.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
2. What instrument does the narrator play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The trombone.
(c) The guitar.
3. Where is the narrator put after she tells the one trying to get her out of her house that she has cancer?
(a) On her bed.
(b) On the couch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In her study.
4. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(b) The rain.
(c) Her can does not run.
5. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of South African inequalities.
(b) The reality of life in an Empire.
(c) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(d) The reality of the Vichy regime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens late at night in Part Three?
2. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
3. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil at the start of Part Two?
4. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
5. What is the name of the homeless man?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)