|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Burn a police station.
(b) Burn their own school.
(c) Fight with white students.
(d) Drive white people out of the township.
2. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
(a) To send her daughters away.
(b) To leave the house for a week.
(c) To send Bheki away.
(d) To keep the children quiet the next morning.
4. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
5. What does the narrator say about the media?
(a) They do not cover what happens in the townships.
(b) They only cover reality TV.
(c) They do not cover the last South African gold medalist at the Olympics.
(d) They do not print the letter she sent them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
3. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
4. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
5. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)