|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(b) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
(c) The rain.
(d) Her can does not run.
2. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A young man.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An aged woman.
(d) A black farmer.
4. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) The bus broke down.
(b) The school is closed.
(c) It is after 5 p.m.
(d) It is vacation time.
5. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
2. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
3. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do in the letter she writes?
4. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
5. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)