|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator write about?
(a) The Afghan war.
(b) The space race.
(c) The Berlin wall.
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
(a) To go rent a good movie.
(b) To prepare cocoa for everyone.
(c) To go home.
(d) To send Bheki's friend home.
3. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
4. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) Liquor and a mattress.
(b) A camera and some film.
(c) A pillow and a comic book.
(d) The newspaper and a laptop.
5. What prevents the narrator from going shopping in Part One?
(a) Her can does not run.
(b) The rain.
(d) Her farorite soap opera has a marathon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
2. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
3. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
4. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
5. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)