|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who harasses and beats Mr. Vercueil one day?
(a) The narrator.
(c) Bheki and another boy.
(d) Bheki and two other white boys.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He goes to the hospital.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He stops drinking.
3. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Burn their own school.
(b) Burn a police station.
(c) Fight with white students.
(d) Drive white people out of the township.
4. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) Stealing her piano.
(b) The burglars where white.
(c) The vandalism.
(d) The graffiti left on her sofa.
5. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
2. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
3. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
5. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)