|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is a crime.
(c) It has no point.
(d) It is necessary.
2. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The homeless of Cape Town.
(c) The police.
3. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of month.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A couple of weeks.
(d) A couple of hours.
4. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He calls her names.
(b) He nods his head.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He laughs.
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
(a) He stops drinking.
(b) He goes to the hospital.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He sleeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person the narrator finds at the start of Part One?
2. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
3. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
4. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
5. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)