|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She wishes to have done it herself.
(b) She condemns it.
(c) She can understand it.
(d) She is proud of it.
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
(a) To prepare cocoa for everyone.
(b) To go rent a good movie.
(c) To send Bheki's friend home.
(d) To go home.
3. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
4. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A long letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A short journal.
5. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day writing.
(b) Spends the day in bed reading.
(c) Spends the day cleaning the house.
(d) Spends the day gardening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
2. Who is the narrator of the book?
3. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
4. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
5. How long was the housekeeper absent?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)