|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) The homeless man.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) The neighbor.
2. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it fosters laziness.
(b) Because it is a bad precedent.
(c) Because she does not have cash.
(d) Because he does not deserve it.
3. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At a chicken farming plant.
(b) At a car plant.
(c) At a chemical plant.
(d) At an electricity plant.
4. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To return the unspent money to her.
(b) To return what he purchased.
(c) To give the unspent money to a charity.
(d) To keep the unspent money.
5. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He nods his head.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He calls her names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator live?
2. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
3. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
4. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
5. What is the ethnicity of the narrator?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)