|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the housekeeper's husband work?
(a) At a chemical plant.
(b) At a chicken farming plant.
(c) At an electricity plant.
(d) At a car plant.
2. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
3. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will find him work.
(b) That he cannot stay.
(c) That she will call the police.
(d) That she will house him for work.
4. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to urinate in the yard.
(b) Not to light any fires.
(c) To come inside to sleep.
(d) To leave the following morning.
5. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of life in an Empire.
(b) The reality of the Vichy regime.
(c) The reality of the Berlin wall.
(d) The reality of South African inequalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
2. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do after being beaten?
4. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
5. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)