|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the media?
(a) They do not cover what happens in the townships.
(b) They do not print the letter she sent them.
(c) They do not cover the last South African gold medalist at the Olympics.
(d) They only cover reality TV.
2. In what time period is the "Age of Iron" set?
(a) Mid 1970's.
(b) Mid 1960's.
(c) Mid 1990's.
(d) Mid 1980's.
3. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Tells them to go away.
(b) Wets them with a hose.
(c) Yells at them.
(d) Plays with them.
4. How does the narrator speak to the person that lives near her house?
(b) In a condescending manner.
(c) With respect.
5. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
2. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
3. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
4. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)