|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(a) Concerned neighbors.
(b) The narrator.
(d) The police.
2. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
(a) Have them put down.
(b) Give them to the homeless man.
(c) Give them to her sister.
(d) Give them to a hospital.
3. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(c) Four years before the events of the book.
(d) Three years before the events of the book.
4. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
(d) A man.
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
(a) Everything she has in her purse.
(b) 150 Rands.
(c) 50 Rands.
(d) 20 rands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
2. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
3. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
4. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
5. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)