|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
(a) To send Bheki's friend home.
(b) To go home.
(c) To prepare cocoa for everyone.
(d) To go rent a good movie.
2. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To be her driver.
(b) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
(c) To cook for her.
(d) To marry her.
4. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to urinate in the yard.
(b) To leave the following morning.
(c) To come inside to sleep.
(d) Not to light any fires.
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Wets them with a hose.
(b) Tells them to go away.
(c) Yells at them.
(d) Plays with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
2. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
3. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
4. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
5. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)