|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) A pillow and a comic book.
(b) A camera and some film.
(c) The newspaper and a laptop.
(d) Liquor and a mattress.
2. What does the narrator say about the media?
(a) They do not cover the last South African gold medalist at the Olympics.
(b) They only cover reality TV.
(c) They do not cover what happens in the townships.
(d) They do not print the letter she sent them.
3. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
(a) Her daughter and Tchaikovsky.
(b) Bach and Beethoven.
(c) Her sister and her brother.
(d) Her daughter and Bach.
4. Where does the housekeeper live?
5. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) To come inside to sleep.
(b) Not to light any fires.
(c) To leave the following morning.
(d) Not to urinate in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
2. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
3. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
4. How long was the housekeeper absent?
5. Who does the narrator find at the start of Part One?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)