|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) An aged woman.
(b) A black farmer.
(c) A young man.
(d) A police officer.
2. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
(a) To prepare cocoa for everyone.
(b) To go home.
(c) To send Bheki's friend home.
(d) To go rent a good movie.
3. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Drive white people out of the township.
(b) Burn their own school.
(c) Fight with white students.
(d) Burn a police station.
4. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) It is vacation time.
(b) The school is closed.
(c) It is after 5 p.m.
(d) The bus broke down.
5. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
(a) Pay his debts.
(d) Pay for his gambling habit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
2. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
3. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
4. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
5. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)