|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(a) On edge.
2. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
(a) How her husband is doing.
(b) If she can clean the homeless person's clothes.
(c) If she wants a puppy.
(d) The troubles in the township.
3. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Repairing the second floor lights.
(b) Cleaning the gutters.
(c) Cleaning the back yard.
(d) Fixing a drainage problem.
4. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
(a) Her daughter and Tchaikovsky.
(b) Bach and Beethoven.
(c) Her daughter and Bach.
(d) Her sister and her brother.
5. Why did the housekeeper bring her son to the narrator's house?
(a) The bus broke down.
(b) It is after 5 p.m.
(c) It is vacation time.
(d) The school is closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
2. Where does the narrator live?
3. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
4. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
5. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)