|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will find him work.
(b) That she will call the police.
(c) That he cannot stay.
(d) That she will house him for work.
2. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
3. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To cook for her.
(c) To be her driver.
(d) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
4. What does the narrator give to the person that lives near her house the first evening?
5. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He calls her names.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He nods his head.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
2. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
3. When does the narrator return to her house after her trip in town?
4. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
5. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)