|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think about after the person she found leaves the house?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The police.
(c) The homeless of Cape Town.
2. Why do the youth of the township do?
(a) Drive white people out of the township.
(b) Fight with white students.
(c) Burn their own school.
(d) Burn a police station.
3. What instrument does the narrator play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The trombone.
(d) The guitar.
4. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(c) On edge.
5. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A gun.
(b) A video cassette.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A political pamphlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
2. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
3. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
4. Where does the narrator live?
5. What does the housekeeper call Mr. Vercueil?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)