|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
2. Why does the narrator think the person that lives near her house will return?
(a) He left his belongings.
(b) He forgot his car.
(c) He dug himself a hole.
(d) He left his dog.
3. Who is the narrator of the book?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A black farmer.
(c) A young man.
(d) An aged woman.
4. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of allergies.
(b) Because of her pain.
(c) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(d) Because of her cancer medication.
5. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
(a) A homeless man is exposing himself.
(b) A dog is loose on her property.
(c) The pool house is on fire.
(d) A vagrant on her property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
2. What does the narrator say to the housekeeper that one day will hurt everybody?
3. Why do the youth of the township do?
4. What is Mr. Vercueil doing in the back yard that the housekeeper's daughters watch?
5. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)