|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, p. 35-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(c) On edge.
2. When does the person the narrator met at the start of Part One return?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the evening.
(d) Around noon.
3. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day cleaning the house.
(b) Spends the day writing.
(c) Spends the day in bed reading.
(d) Spends the day gardening.
4. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Cleaning the gutters.
(b) Repairing the second floor lights.
(c) Fixing a drainage problem.
(d) Cleaning the back yard.
5. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask her housekeeper to do after speaking with the police?
2. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
3. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
4. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
5. How much money does the man take from the narrator?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)